• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metalgaleo Post Lost Thunder

Luis Delgado

Aspiring Trainer
Im looking for opinions and suggestions for my improved deck, trying to get 3 stage 2 pokemon for second turn, 3rd turn tops.

****** METASABROSON ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Alolan Ninetales-GX LOT 132
* 4 Beldum CES 92
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 1 Cosmoem SUM 65
* 2 Solgaleo-GX SUM 89

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Altar of the Sunne GRI 118
* 2 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Professor Elm's Lecture LOT 188
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

##Energy - 10

* 2 Rainbow Energy CES 151
* 8 Metal Energy SUM 171

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

Last edited:
This archetype absolutely needs Dhelmise if it wants to compete imo. Also, I'd definitely include at least 1 copy of the new Solgaleo-GX instead of the useless Altar of the Sunne. Acerola is detrimental to Metagross, the 4 Max Potions will do just fine. I'd increase the Lillie count to at least 3, (or even 4) that way you will have more chances of having it in your starting hand and thus you will not have to waste a bench space for Lele. With a higher Lillie count, I think only 1 copy of Elm will do as well. I don't really like Hala even if the game plan is to Sol Burst T2, because if you whiff it, Hala will be useless but I guess that is up to personal preference.

Also, never, ever go below 4 copies of Ultra Ball if it's your only means of searching any Pokemon you want in the deck. (Only decks that can afford to lower the UB count are ones that can also search key Pokemon with Treasure.)

I WAS THINKING THE ACEROLA TO USE THE ALOLAN NINETALES BY SETTING IT TWICE IN TWO VULPIX, THATS WHY I CARRY RAINBOW, ALSO GETTING THE NEW SOLGALEO, I FOUND IT VERY HARSH TO GET AT LEAST 4 STAGE AT THE SAME TIME, I JUST NEED 2 METAGROSS AND 1 SOLGALEO TO START THE ATTACK. BUT I THINK THAT IM GONNA INCLUDE MORE ULTRA BALLS AND LILLIE AND TAKE OUT THE LELE AND A COSMOEN.

Remove Hala for 4 Cynthia, and as for Lillie, if you wanted to use this supporter, I'm thinking get 3 or 4 of them. Remove all Nest Ball, for 3 or 4 Professor Elm. Why, because you really had to think what is the best course in going 1st & 2nd, and how many cards in your deck to get them. Let look at this way, there is usually 9-10 basic (Excluding Lele-GX) in a standard deck, meaning 15% out of 60 is for this. So if we look at getting a supporter in turn 1 (Professor Elm in this case), how many cards did you include to get it (Searchable, not dumb luck for a consistent 1-4 turns). In this build, you only have 5 cards (2 Ultra, 1 Lele, 2Elm)/8.3% to get Professor Elm in turn 1. That is not a good odd.

Remove Cosmoem for another basic pokemon to totaling up to 9, or Metang because you want 3 Metagross, unlike 1 Solgaleo, and just rely more on rare candy because in your current build, you only have 2 Ultra Balls, and no timer ball. Alolan Vulpix will likely to be Knock out in your opponent turn 2, since you are going 2nd with this combo, so no Ninetales if we are looking at competitive standpoint. You can't rely on going 2nd every match, because going 1st is still better. Include some Timer Ball or more Ultra Ball, or 1 more Lele-GX. Maybe it is best to include some Metal Frying Pan, because if you are worry about Blacephalon, then a stadium is more fragile than you think.

Back