• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Lugia

kjmccormick

Aspiring Trainer
(It's really cool when people put Pokémon photos at the top of threads, right?!) (Whoa, look at that chap fly.) (Long time reader, first time poster, may be a little excitable...)

latest

But yes, after being inspired by this deck and this deck on these very forums, as well as my love for the beauty of full art Lugia EX, and Lugia as a Pokémon in general I came up with a list, which after some testing has been refined to the following which I'm hoping for some additional advice on:

Pokémon [20]

• 3 Lugia BREAK
  • 3 Lugia
  • 2 Lugia EX
  • 2 Zoroark
  • 2 Zorua
  • 1 Bronzong BREAK
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 1 Shaymin EX

Trainers [28]

• 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Brigette
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic

Energy [12]

• 8 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

Use Brigette and Shaymin EX to set up with Lugia, Bronzor and Zorua swiftly, and then use a combination of Zoroark's Stand In and Bronzong's Metal Links Abilities to power up your Lugia of choice (be it Basic, BREAK or EX) and generally just attack until you win / lose. The Bronzong BREAK is in there as several people strongly suggested it for the Night March match-up. However, due to a lack of a major competitive scene locally, this deck has mainly be tested against Jolteon EX / Glaceon EX lock decks (the flavour of the month), which it can deal with due to the ability to switch between relatively powerful attackers with ease. I think all the card choices are pretty self-explanatory but if not let me know, and please shoot suggestions for improvements my way!

Back