• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Metal Gear Solid Snake ~Steelix~ (Battle Roads, Seniors)

DragonClyne725

Pikachu Sensai
3-3 Steelix Prime (SF-PRIME)
2-2 Blissey PT
2-1-2 Nidoqueen RR
1-1 Scizor Prime
4 Skarmory UD
2 Sableye SF
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q

4 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
2 PONT
1 Lucian's Assignment
1 Palmer's Contribution

3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Expert Belt
2 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

4 Special Metal
4 Double Colorless
4 Metal

Basically, get out the Steelix and charge up Special Metals hopefully with a Skarmory start.

Blissey and Queen are for healing.

Scizor Prime is my new Scizor/T-Tar counter

Please comment, thanks :)

Cool idea! I have a few suggestions, though. If you don't have the cards I suggest, let me know and I'll try thinking of some replacements. Anyways:

-3 Pokemon Communication
-3 Energy Exchanger (You have Skarmory to get your Special Metals!)
-2 Basic Metal Energy
-1 Steelix Prime

+4 Poke Healer + (GREAT for tanking decks - like Steelix!)
+4 Life Herb OR Moo-Moo Milk (Once again, great for tanking decks. I prefer Life Herb as it heals 60 for one heads, however Moo-Moo Milk gives you 2 coin flips - but only removes 3 damage counters.)
+1 Expert Belt (You're definitely going to want to draw into it, so I suggest playing a third.)

I have yet to play a Steelix deck in a tournament, however in testing, the cards I suggested are amazing. Once you get a Blissey and 3-4 Special Metals on your Steelix, you'll probably never go down with the healing cards. If you have any questions, let me know! Good luck!

Amt said:
Cool idea! I have a few suggestions, though. If you don't have the cards I suggest, let me know and I'll try thinking of some replacements. Anyways:

-3 Pokemon Communication
-3 Energy Exchanger (You have Skarmory to get your Special Metals!)
-2 Basic Metal Energy
-1 Steelix Prime

+4 Poke Healer + (GREAT for tanking decks - like Steelix!)
+4 Life Herb OR Moo-Moo Milk (Once again, great for tanking decks. I prefer Life Herb as it heals 60 for one heads, however Moo-Moo Milk gives you 2 coin flips - but only removes 3 damage counters.)
+1 Expert Belt (You're definitely going to want to draw into it, so I suggest playing a third.)

I have yet to play a Steelix deck in a tournament, however in testing, the cards I suggested are amazing. Once you get a Blissey and 3-4 Special Metals on your Steelix, you'll probably never go down with the healing cards. If you have any questions, let me know! Good luck!

Thanks for the imput :)

I like the idea of adding another belt.

I really don't want to FOCUS the deck on healing. I think that Blissey is enough and I don't really want to use healing trainers.

Exchanger can be helpful in a pinch, when I need a double colorless but only have a basic metal.

Communication really helps me get out Steelix and Blissey so I think I'll keep them.

I could:

-1 Steelix Prime
+1 SSU or ???

but what should I put in?

Imho:
- 3 NRG Exchanger
+ 3 Life Herb/Moo-Moo/Potion
- 3 Engineer's Adjustements
+ 3 Prof Oak's New Theory

Skarmory UD is indeed better than Sableye SF, as it allows you to set up a T2 Energy Link, as well as being able to search for Special Metal Energies to attach.

Perhaps you may like to try BTS instead of Conductive Quarry, since you have:
3 Energy Exchanger
4 Onix
3-4 Steelix Prime
4 DCE

You would like to start tanking as soon as possible. :)

Alex(charm)ander said:
This deck needs Chatot MD, Life Herb/ Moo Moo Milk/ Pokehealer +, and no Skarmory UD.

I was thinking of adding in Chatot, but I don't know if it is a good idea. A lot of the time I have a good hand, and there are no spiritombs at my league :)

What do you think should come out for Chatot?

I was thinking of adding in 2 Life Herbs...but what should come out that won't hurt the deck?

Mew Jadester said:
Skarmory UD is indeed better than Sableye SF, as it allows you to set up a T2 Energy Link, as well as being able to search for Special Metal Energies to attach.

Perhaps you may like to try BTS instead of Conductive Quarry, since you have:
3 Energy Exchanger
4 Onix
3-4 Steelix Prime
4 DCE

You would like to start tanking as soon as possible. :)

I would like to use BTS, but I really like my Conductive Quarry. Having a 50/50 chance of retrieving a basic metal and then Energy Exchanging it into a Special Metal or Double Colorless is really good.

-2 ???
+2 BTS

Any thoughts?

I tested at league yesterday, and I beat Sablelocks, a Jumpluff/Cherrim, but lost to Scizor Prime. I am currently thinking of adding in 2-2/3-3 Scizor Prime to counter Scizor Prime.

-1 Onix
-1 Unown Q
-1-1/2-2 Blissey PT

+2-2/3-3 Scizor

And even have a DGX it would cancel out your own body, and Leafeon UD would be able to attack it.

Skuntank G is a must-have tech. It allows you to poison both active Pokemon if you have a stadium in play (has to be your stadium). This will kill Feinting Spell Gengar if you also Gaia Crush for the turn, and gives any Scizor Prime users some worry.

I prefer Sableye over Skarmory, it's more versatile and doesn't require an energy attachment. Skarmory can't do anything if it's on its own as well, Sableye can help you set up. Being dark type and being able to use Supporters is also good with the rising popularity of Gengar/Vileplume decks.

You might want to try BTS over Conductive Quarry as well. A T1 Steelix with DCE and streaming in energy from the discard pile will be devastating.

-1 Onix
-4 Skarmory
-4 Life Herb
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Potion
-2 Basic Metal Energy

+4 Sableye
+1 Expert Belt
+3 Moo Moo Milk
+1 Skuntank G
+2 Judge/PONT
+2 Rainbow Energy