• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Fortress (Lucario & Melmetal / Celesteela / Jirachi)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
METAL FORTRESS

thumbnail.asp

Pokémon (10):
  • 4 Lucario & Melmetal GX (beatdown)
  • 2 Celesteela SM7 (beatdown)
  • 4 Jirachi SM8a (search)
Trainer (38):
  • 3 Cynthia & Caitlin (draw)
  • 3 Mallow & Lana (heal)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 3 Metal Core Barrier (protection)
  • 4 Metal Frying Pan (protection)
  • 2 Great Catcher (control)
  • 3 Escape Board (retreat)
  • 4 Tag Whistle (search)
  • 3 Great Potion (heal)
  • 3 Switch (retreat)
  • 3 Power Plant (disable)
Energy (12):
  • 12 Metal Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Jirachi to search for trainer cards. Attach Escape Board to Jirachi to retreat into Lucario and Melmetal GX and use Full Metal Wall. Attach Metal Frying Pan to Lucario and Melmetal GX and use Steel Fist to accelerate from the deck. On the third turn use Heavy Impact and heal Lucario and Melmetal GX with Great Potion and Mallow and Lana. Once the first Lucario and Melmetal has been defeated attack with Celesteela to skew the price trade and finish with Lucario and Melmetal once Celesteela has been defeated.

SPOILER:

Cynthia & Caitlin
Trainer - Supporter (Tag Team)
Put a supporter card from your discard pile into your hand (excluding any Cynthia & Caitlin or cards discarded by this card). When you play this card, you may discard 1 card from your hand. If you do, draw 3 cards.

Mallow & Lana
Trainer - Supporter (Tag Team)
Switch your active Pokémon with 1 of your benched Pokémon. When you play this card, you may discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, heal 120 damage from the Pokémon you switched to the bench.

Tag Whistle
Trainer - Item
Search your deck for up to 2 Tag Team cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Great Catcher
Trainer - Item
Discard 2 cards from your hand in order to play this card. Switch 1 of your opponent’s benched Pokémon GX or Pokémon EX with their active Pokémon.

Last edited:
Hi @Dark Espeon

Nice list. One question: are you playing any Stadiums? (Apologies if the Metal Core Barrier is one; I'm not familiar with that card and it wasn't included in your spoiler list.) Otherwise Lysandre Labs, should your opponent play this Stadium, could be a real issue for your deck.

Hi @Dark Espeon

Nice list. One question: are you playing any Stadiums? (Apologies if the Metal Core Barrier is one; I'm not familiar with that card and it wasn't included in your spoiler list.) Otherwise Lysandre Labs, should your opponent play this Stadium, could be a real issue for your deck.

Hi TuxedoBlack,

Thanks for your review. Metal Core Barrier is a Pokémon tool that reduces damage done to the Metal Pokémon that this card is attached to by 70 damage. I play three copies of Power Plant as my stadium card of choice at the moment to shut down abilities on Pokémon GX such as Keldeo GX. another option would be Chaotic Swell (aka: Chaos Vortex) as an alternative stadium card. This stadium in essence has no effect other than the effect that it discards the stadium card that the opponent plays to remove it. However I decided on Power Plant since Chaos Vortex would leave me without any means to combat Keldeo GX.

Back