Metagame Expectations for Cities

See? A NORMAL person who is capable of inteligent conversations has entered the building. Welcome to the Flame War qnetykz.

shadoworganoid said:
See? A NORMAL person who is capable of inteligent conversations has entered the building. Welcome to the Flame War qnetykz.

lol...thx...even though I'm not here for a Flame War...especially not about something that is as trivial as the possible metagame, and what decks have the capability to beat other decks...in most cases (about 95%) it's a pointless debate...beacuse as I said, it really all boils down to who is the better player and who can outthink and outstrategize their opponent

after all, this is a discussion on the possible metagame for Cities and what decks to expect...not a discussion on what deck can beat what deck

qnetykz said:
lol...thx...even though I'm not here for a Flame War...especially not about something that is as trivial as the possible metagame, and what decks have the capability to beat other decks...in most cases (about 95%) it's a pointless debate...beacuse as I said, it really all boils down to who is the better player and who can outthink and outstrategize their opponent

after all, this is a discussion on the possible metagame for Cities and what decks to expect...not a discussion on what deck can beat what deck

Yeah, agreed.

With that in mind;

I think Gyarados will lose interest as soon as teh next set comes out. Its already dieing a bit it seems.
SP decks are going to want to try out expert belt as does kingdra.

shadoworganoid said:
Yeah, agreed.

With that in mind;

I think Gyarados will lose interest as soon as the next set comes out. Its already dieing a bit it seems.
SP decks are going to want to try out expert belt as does kingdra.

honestly, so does Gyarados...Expert Belt puts Gyarados in a situation to be even more deadly in the metagame...it puts it completely on par with Beedrill (if not tip the scales more in it's favor)...it makes it so it's not so easy to just OHKO it due to weakness...and turns a paltry 90 to a "uh-oh" 110...throw in a means to do more damage, and then Gyarados can just OHKO most of them meta and in a very fast way

Gyarados got so much better and faster with Expert Belt it's not even funny. The deck is not going anywhere for a long time.

dmaster out.

^ Which is good, i like Gyarados becouse it takes skill to play and still has a good chance of winning matches (with the right player) so i hope is stays for cities or even longer! :D its good to know that some people still like the deck (although i can really tell that you like Gyara dmaster, its quite obviouse actually :p)

Weakness never really stopped it (completely) before. *CoughLuxrayCough*

dmaster out.

shadoworganoid said:
Gyarados will have 1 REALLY bad match up though; Ampharos Great.

80 + weakness (30) = 110 Ouch.

How does Ampharos great do 80 + weakness? it only deals 40 for 3 + weakness, and the regular one (not great) damages itself for a Gyara OHKO with crobat G. I don't see how this is a bad matchup at all. (plus Gyara is faster)

EDIT: Ahh, Lightning Crush is a coin flip.

Gyarados isn't really hurt by weakness too much. You don't have to worry about Ampharos Great's body with Gyarados, or the effect for Lightning Crush. In addition to that, they can't even one shot you with Lightning Crush with a heads :S 110 isn't too bad. With Expert Belt, any kill is bad though. Expert Belt does give you 150 HP though, so that's nice. I think Gyarados will be a tier 1-2 deck for the rest of the season, depending on what our set before Nationals is and how that will impact the metagame. Gyarados will especially be good for Cities this year, thanks to Expert Belt.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Expert Belt in Gyarados?
I just think that the two prizes really hurts it as it is based on getting out as many times as possible, also for me raising hp to 150 isn't that big and neither is the +20 damage, unless you get it out on T1/T2(usually takes 3 turns to get all 3 carp in discard with an average start) So I'll be honest I might play it but w/out expert belt.

Ever hear of SSU^? 150 HP and +20 attack every time is way too good to pass up. Whatever he didn't OHKO before, he does now.

dmaster out.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Expert Belt in Gyarados?
I just think that the two prizes really hurts it as it is based on getting out as many times as possible, also for me raising hp to 150 isn't that big and neither is the +20 damage, unless you get it out on T1/T2(usually takes 3 turns to get all 3 carp in discard with an average start) So I'll be honest I might play it but w/out expert belt.

I like the idea, I just dont like Gyarados.

I guess i kinda like the older days for the game. Back when we didnt have all this super fancy tricks and stuff.

True, but my list is tight and I can't seem to fit it in, and BTW SSU is no guarantee.(specially when you flip tails a lot)

Sure, it's no guarantee. But the reason you play it is to help out statistically 50% of the time, which is loads better than 0% of the time.

dmaster out.

Yeah, I know I play SSU in my list. So that's why I play it, IDK if I like the idea of losing two prizes especially if somehow a sally gets set up....

Very true dmaster, very true. I'd rather use a card and get tails, then not use it and DEFINATELY not get heads.

Some odds are alwasy better then zero.

Anyways, Im using SSU in Salamence. heal/re-use that double fall power.

dmaster said:
Ever hear of SSU^? 150 HP and +20 attack every time is way too good to pass up. Whatever he didn't OHKO before, he does now.

dmaster out.

this...and the fact that OH'ing even more of the meta, will allow it to keep prize count on it's opponent...which also means that them taking 2 prizes isn't really that big of a deal, especially if it takes 2+ turns to KO it, and/or you can SSU before the KO

Im actually thinking about Regigigas Lv X.

I saw him in Battle Roads and it did well.
Just like salamence, that High HP and Damage output is hard to deal with. He is a lot like sally, but even more effective or consistant. He can self heal and self power up. Sure it gives your opponent a prize, but you arent going to do that unless you have a plan.

Snow point + Expert Belt = 190 HP. Have fun knocking him down.

But what about machamp!?

Okay, just dont use expert belt. Give him Unknown G instead. Maybe tech in Exploud. SP decks cant KO this guy. It has way too much HP to take down. It may be slow, but with Its sacrafice, it can power up in 2-3 turns.

Back