Metagame Expectations for Cities

A lot of Gliscor/Spiritomb, Gengar, GeChamp, Flygon, Beedrill, Gyarados, SP things.
The Arceus set gives the format new techs, but very few decks.

shadoworganoid said:
Im actually thinking about Regigigas Lv X.

I saw him in Battle Roads and it did well.
Just like salamence, that High HP and Damage output is hard to deal with. He is a lot like sally, but even more effective or consistant. He can self heal and self power up. Sure it gives your opponent a prize, but you arent going to do that unless you have a plan.

Snow point + Expert Belt = 190 HP. Have fun knocking him down.

But what about machamp!?

Okay, just don't use expert belt. Give him Unknown G instead. Maybe tech in Exploud. SP decks cant KO this guy. It has way too much HP to take down. It may be slow, but with Its sacrafice, it can power up in 2-3 turns.
You could attatch Expert Belt to Gigas and then attatch Unown G, there is nothing on Unown G's power that says you can't attatch him to a pokemon with a tool already attatched does it?

But i do agree that Regigigas will do well, he kills Flygon AND Sally, and has good matchups with SP pokemon, the only problem is Kabutops PA.

about gyarados and expert belt, firstly i don't think i would attach it unless it was going to get me an important KO which i could not get otherwise. that way even if my opponent comes back and knocks me out the worst that has happened is that i broke even. secondly the mere threat of knowing gyarados is running expert belt will alter your opponents' play, changing who they might bring up when you use cyclone energy/warp point.

gecko764 said:
You could attatch Expert Belt to Gigas and then attatch Unown G, there is nothing on Unown G's power that says you can't attatch him to a pokemon with a tool already attatched does it?

But i do agree that Regigigas will do well, he kills Flygon AND Sally, and has good matchups with SP pokemon, the only problem is Kabutops PA.

incorrect...once Unown G is attached, it is considered a Tool...Expert Belt is a Tool...you can only have 1 tool attached to a pokemon, therefore you cannot attach Unown G to a pokemon with a tool already attached

btw, Machamp says sup'...as he murdalizes Gigas with the Expert Belt...gentlemen, please lets not forget that you're also giving your opponent prizes when using Sacrifice...not only that, with Machamp still floating around in the format amongst various decks, he trumps Gigas in two ways, Take Out and Weakness, which is x2...I'm not saying to not try and build the deck and play with it, but beware there are plenty known and 'makeshift' counters to Gigas

gliscor
salamance
arceus
gyarados
fossil garbo
kingdra various sp
and grass tangegrowth tank things lol

Flygon:
If you think that BR's did anything less then show that this is the BDIF, you didn't play in enough BRs.
Gyarados:
Nothing from the new set except the heavy Tangrowth attention really affects the deck. Still a solid and easy choice.
Gengar: Giving it a set of new toys to abuse, the most annoying deck in the format will heavily flaunt itself around many BRs.
Salamence;
Who doesn't want to try and take 3 prizes of an E-belted Pokemon? It will see enough play, but little result.
Kingdra:
1 energy 80/20.
Machamp:
Now that expert Belt gives it the ability to 2HKO a lot of threats in the format for 1 energy, this card is due for some HEAVY play. Hurricane Punch doing 80 for 2 heads is soooo much more solid then 60 :D
Beedrill:
140 damage for 1 energy.....FML
SPs (Toolbox, Blazeray, DPL)
No reason not to play them. Not the best match-ups, but still great attacking power for low energy cost and ability to abuse Ebelt.
Uxie/Starmie/Raticate/Shuppet Donk:
People may play them going for surprise factor, but given Spiritomb's addition to the game, it won't be the same.
Lot of others:
Anything else isn't really a threat. Sure there will be Queen swarms, Garchomp, Tangrowth, BlazeBlaze, Gliscor, Arceus, Torterra, Sceptile, Octillery, Fossils, Blastcatty, Abomasnow/Manetric/Giratina stuff etc, but they just won't have the same impact on the format.

Machamp IMO is going to look nicer in FlyChamp w/Expert Belt, also note w/ Expert Belt Flygon's non-LV.X form avoids a OHKO from Sally which is very nice. Also here's a donk deck I like-
Beedrill G, sure you have to play it straight from your hand to get it but if you have some free retreat cards(Weavile G,Crobat(PERFECT) you can do 40 and poketurn them and stuff, seems like fun to play IMO. Kingdra still is a threat(still from LA and a threat now that's cool). Lastly Rampy might see slightly more play, IDK but for Rampy I'd play Rampy w/ nothing else so I can for sure start with the fossil or just rampy and machamp w/ no techs.
Also does anyone know when Cities actually start?I've checked the go-pokemon site and they've got nothing up yet and last year they started early november so....

What people forget about Salamence is that it can be the ULTIMATE comeback deck. Sure you can take that 3 prize lead, I'll now proceed to take 3 KO's myself counting double and pull the win nonetheless after having sacrificed Uxie, Azelf and something else. Not many decks can boast that ability.

Back