• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Meta Metal Lock (Scizor/Cobalion/Vileplume) HELP

MetaArmor

Defender of Lemons
3-3 Scizor
3 Cobalion NV
4 Skarmory
2-2 Dodrio
3-1-2 Vileplume
1 Kyurem
1 Bellsprout

4 Oak
3 Twins
4 Collector
2 Cheren
2 Flower Shop Lady

4 Communication
2 Rare Candy

10 Metal
4 Special Metal

Strategy is straight forward, but getting it actually done will be the tricky part. Start with Skarmory to power Cobalion/Scizor and to stall while I set up Vileplume and Dodrio. With Dodrio, I can freely switch between Cobalion and Scizor, depending on who I need against the defending. This also helps against other SheerCold/IronBreaker since I can just switch to a different attacker. Vileplume slows their set up and cancels catcher.

I am thinking of adding Electrode Prime but I would like to get some feedback on him as well as the current deck. In testing this deck is slow to set up because of the energy cost and not being able to take advantage of DCE, so if you can think of a faster alternative please let me know :)

This is an interesting idea, but I question running four communication (do other Vileplume decks run 4? I'd think it'd be a dead draw...) I'd almost say run a couple PETM since you probably won't have to communicate for basics, and you can use them under lock, but again, I don't know lock decks that well, so I don't know what they do for TSS. Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable of lock decks can provide some better feedback.

Well the 4 Communication helps for that turn one set up. Idealy I want to Collector for basics, and communicate one of those for Gloom or Vileplume. After Vileplume is up then it does become a dead draw, but it is the fastest way to get set up as I know. I am thinking of adding a couple Pokegear 3.0 to help get that T1 Collector, but at that point i fell I would have too many trainers, but in play testing, If i do not get Vileplume up then I am already an autoloss against Reshi. PETM sounds like a good idea though, because Vileplume is so important. Even if I Cobalion Lock and KO the active reshi, they usually have another one ready to go and without a quick set up I can not keep up with their Reshi set up.

I'll test PETM:
- 1 Cheren
- 1 Communication

+ 2 PETM

Anyone have an idea how I can speed up my setup?

I don't see how this can be a lock deck when they can just discard energy and then play fisherman then abiliboar to deal with the issue.

I would encourage a 2-2 electrode prime line over 4 skarmory.

varit said:
I don't see how this can be a lock deck when they can just discard energy and then play fisherman then abiliboar to deal with the issue.

I would encourage a 2-2 electrode prime line over 4 skarmory.

Its a lock because they can not play trainers with Vileplume and they also might not attack by either Cobalion NV which makes the defending unable to attack or Scizor Prime if they have special energies which are becoming more and more popular.

Also please explain why you prefer electrode over skarmory since I have thought of it but can't yet decide why I should choose Electrode over Skarmory

I'd say stick with Skarmory. I was playing a guy on playtcg tonight who used a similar list and Skarmory was definitely an asset. Electrode isn't a bad choice, but it's a Stage 1, gives your opponent a prize, and there's not even a guarantee that you'll see an energy in those top 7 cards.

I would also maybe tech in a Kyurem or another water type to deal with fire decks

Yeah i should. I had a list with kyurem but i ended up focusing too much on him. Maybe just one Kyurem and using outrage would be suitable enough.

To counter Emboar, you could run a Bellsprout TM with Inviting Scent. Drag out Boar and stick them there until it dies or they blow four to retreat. A well timed Bellsprout can be crippling against Emboar variants.

That is a great idea! Dont know why I didnt think of it. Could be used for more than just emboar too. I'll tech one in!

You may want to tech in a 2-2-2 samurott, if you find the room, to counter Donphan/Reshiram/Typhlosion. Since he can use your metal energies. It could help. Good luck

I do not run double colorless so it will take too many resorces to power just one samurott. I think an Kyurem would be a better counter with just 2 energies for outrage and it is a basic.

Well, the thing about Kyurem is that if you go against a Reshiram, if they are smart, they'll only outrage for 20 then blue flare for the KO. You need to be able to OHKO it. But, It's up to you. Good luck

As non threatning as a 20 outrage seems, it lets me attack for 80 because of weakness. And if it is reshiplosion, it is a minimum of a 30 outrage from their Reshi which would equal to a 100 outrage for my kyurem. I use less resorces and it would be just as effective.

Reguardless I havent had much free time to set the set up so I'll try out both and see what works best.

Just updating that the current deck list I have is doing wonders on PlayTCG. Any ideas for improvement are welcome though.

You know, since you run Vileplume, you might be able to run Leavanny NV to get rid of fire weakness... Although that probably isn't neccessary, considering most pokemon in this deck are OHKOd by Reshiram anyway.

I do not think that a second stage two would work well in this deck. Also there will be too many bench sitters with his inclusion. Fire decks are a problem for me, all though this deck counters them well and usually makes it 50/50. I am thinking of running two DCE and another Kyurem.

This is a good deck but because of the intense amount of Reshiram variants running around, I would add a 2-2 Line of Lanturn Prime.

Back