Discussion Meta Matchups: The Discussion

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everyone, with the burst of views received within a matter of hours was enough to convince me to write another article in which we will be discussing about matchups. I will only be mentioning the following decks.
- Buzzroc
- Zororoc
- Ultra Necrozma
- Mono psychic (Necrozma, 1 prize attackers and Malamar)
If there any other matchups that you are struggling feel free to ask.

Firstly, we start off with mirror matchups. All mirror matches should be 50/50. It all depends on your luck, skill and any sneaky techs included in your decklist to combat with mirrors.
Secondly, Buzzroc is the most popular therefore most targeted. Against, Zororoc and Zoropod I believe that it's a 70/30 matchup. In these matchups I advise to KO all golisopod GX and lycanroc GX as they are the only pokemon that could change the matchup. When all threats are eliminated then you can target zoroarks as they can only cap a 150 majority of the time while you KO. With all psychic techs you must take priority on them as it could cost you the game. Against Ultra necrozma it would be a 60/40 and early pressure is important. If your desperate you could tech in 1 or 2 parallel cities to improve you matchup. Mono Psychic is a bad matchup, 35/65. With majority of the deck being 1 prize pokemon that can KO you is hard to deal with as you can't control their dmg output like trashalanch. (That in itself is hard.) Lycanroc is important and early pressure on inkays can be helpful.
Thirdly, With Zororoc, it could possibly be the worst deck out of the four. Buzzroc hits you hard w/ weakness. Lycanrocs' GX attack can be controlled to do little dmg and has almost no answer to malamar. No bench dmg, parallel city or ability lock. I would give all opposing decks from above between a 50/50 to a 30/70 matchup. Thirdly, Ultra necrozma is a powerhouse but doesn't meet the standards of its opposing foes. Buzzroc and mono psychic has good matchups as parallel city, bench dmg and 1 prize weakness KO's are a pain to deal with. This deck could be considered as overhyped therefor a whole bunch of techs are emerging which them means it goes through a time of underperformance. I'll give a 40/60 rating in the ultra necrozma vs Buzz/Mono psychic matchup.
Finally Mono Psychic, I believe it's the best deck out of the four. It has good matchups across the board. This is because it consists of mainly 1 prize attackers that can KO alot, therefore an advantage of prize trade to whoever is playing Mono Psychic. It hits Buzzwole for weakness but Zoroark for resistance but that isn't a big deal with Necrozma GX. I'll give it a 70/30 to a 50/50 for all its matchups because of its 1 prize pressure but with a few techs and this deck falls apart.

Hopefully this article helped and as the title suggest this article is just about where you read my opinion but where you query, answer and importantly DISCUSS!

Thanks, TES.

Hello All a new article will be posted on the 2nd of July AEST (Australian Eastern.) It would probably be about the NAIC. Thank you for your patience.

TES

Back