Discussion Meta Matchup Matrix

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
This maybe a lot to ask, but I'm curious if any major (Regionals) tournament (or even like the Pokebeach Tourny) would actually publish a full Deck vs Deck analysis. I'm following some 'personalities' online- or in interviews, someone will say 'This is a bad matchup...someone else will come back and say well its not an auto-loss' Additionally, I think looking at even just a few single decks in a single tournament (i.e. top 8) where so much of this game can hinge on a single coinflip, or drawing into whatever unprobable situation won someone the game, just seems like it's a small scale statistics... The person who wins a tourny- that day- that deck- was the 'luckiest' but did his/her friend play an almost or even identical list- and plow thru horrible matchups and didnt even make a cut?

Sorry if I'm rambling and not developing a coherent thought... has anyone ever did a full analysis like in Tournament XYZ
Metagross vs Gardy went: 8-2
Gardy vs Volc went : 4-1
Greninja vs Espy/Garb: 2-1
etc....

Not only that, at the end of the tourny you could analyze those 2 Gardy players who beat Metagross... was there something common in their decks? Which they still might have lost other games, and not made the cut- but they might be onto something with their deck build.

I think I have seen some lists that rank based upon Top 8's for Best Decks... But I think that can be skewed by the number of people playing... because if Gardy plays against Gardy... I'm guessing we all can pick which deck is going to with that matchup (and yes there could be a slight variant that will favor one or the other) but what I'm hinting at is if a lot of people play the deck- the odds of it being in the top 8 should be higher.

Additionally, a rotation could add in a key card that makes a deck or matchup so much better...I guess I'm like to see quantification when someone says "This deck is "Good" vs another deck" is it a 80% good, or is it only a 60% good...

Thanks if you read this far and have any feedback or can direct me to what I'm curious about.

Back