Discussion Meta Decks That Can Beat Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX Lock

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I think the best answer to Jolteon and Glaceon EX is Mega Alakazam. as their attacks don't stop any side effects, the pyschic king can still do major damage. Now Jolteon and Glaceon are just 170 HP EX Pokémon that can do a mere 70 damage. Which won't be enough to knock out a Mega in two turns.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
I think the best answer to Jolteon and Glaceon EX is Mega Alakazam. as their attacks don't stop any side effects, the pyschic king can still do major damage. Now Jolteon and Glaceon are just 170 HP EX Pokémon that can do a mere 70 damage. Which won't be enough to knock out a Mega in two turns.

I was running an (albeit slower) variant of Jolteon/Glaceon for matchups like this where I included a 3/2/2 bats line. What you'd do is snipe on these Pokemon, hit once for 70 then use Second Bite for 90 more damage (with no damage counters, 110 with a Golbat and 140 with a Golbat and a Crobat)

Robin Aisaga

@MarshalBry
I guess additional damage spread could help you take down high HP Pokémon with a Glaceon EX / Jolteon EX deck. But the bats are a really easy target witht their Psychic weakness.

@ThePokemonSensei
Personally if your main complaint is Jolteon EX / Glaceon EX, I wouldn't choose Night March as your counter. I think it's more like an 45/55 matchup in favour of Night March. Well at least I would recommend adding Vespiqueen to your deck list, this way you have another stage Pokémon that can easely retreat when another Glaceon EX comes up. Because your main complaint in this matchup would be switching from stage to basic and back. Lysandre will surely help, but you would have to discard a double colorless from time to time, that's not a very good thing. Night March is still a strong competitive deck in the meta though, especially with Mew and Puzzle of Time. But who knows, Karen might just become a popular counter...

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Escape Rope + Lysandre may be a decent idea, especially in a deck with Zoroark where you can just switch back to your main attacker. Or Manaphy-EX.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
No ones mentioned Fossils, It's actually pretty good as 1. Aerodactyl Discards DCE 2. No lock effect 3. T1 setup (most of the time ;)

Robin Aisaga

@jessalakasam
Unfortunatly that won't work, poor fossil Pokémon still have a hard time in the competitive scene... They may not count as stage Pokémon but they're still evolved Pokémon. Glaceon EX is immune anyhow. Crystal Ray blocks a lot: Mega's, Fossils and all stages including BREAK. Disregarding the way they were brought in play.

jessalakasam

@jessalakasam
Unfortunatly that won't work, poor fossil Pokémon still have a hard time in the competitive scene... They may not count as stage Pokémon but they're still evolved Pokémon. Glaceon EX is immune anyhow. Crystal Ray blocks a lot: Mega's, Fossils and all stages including BREAK. Disregarding the way they were brought in play.
Aerodactyl is restored... Also I've tried it online and have beat many powerful decks including night march :p proof http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/glaceon-ex-evolution-block-help.132385/

jessalakasam

Oh I didn't know that. I guess Aerodactyl is worth looking into as a counter afterall. I haven't seen an actual deck list build around Aerodactyl. Perhaps you can send me yours through PM? :p
I got mine from YellowSwellow :D heres a Link

Last edited:

21times

Aspiring Trainer
I play the jolteon glaceon mew deck. It is very effective, I don't think there's a particular meta it's weak against. When I lose, my experience is that my opponent plays well timed Lysandres or switch (it takes time to power up the pokemon that are actually on the bench). Xerosic, Delinquent, and the stadium that suppresses abilities... Drawing a blank on it's name.... Also, N, Red Card, and Judge can really hurt as well. So while there is no single deck that I'm afraid of, I'm constantly petrified of N or Delinquent or even Team Flare Grunt. Believe me, from your end of the table it may appear to be an impenetrable fortress but from my side it's a fragile house of cards.