• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Megaton Rage (M Aggron EX / Outragers)

Colddy

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16

• 2 Aggron EX
    2 M Aggron EX
    2 Zekrom [LTR]
    2 Reshiram [LTR]
    2 Kyurem [LTR]
    3-3 Bronzong
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 3 Professor Sycamore
    3 Shauna
    2 Colress
    2 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Skyla
    3 Lysandre
    4 VS Seeker
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Battle Compressor
    3 Muscle Band
    2 Float Stone
    3 Switch
Energy: 11

• 7 Metal Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:

M Aggron EX can hit hard with coin flip, if heads it does 240 damage, if tails it does 120 to the active pokémon + 20 to all of my benched pokémon, then I can use powered Outragers or even Aggron EX to deal massive damage later.

I prefere to use Basic Metal Energy besides Shield Energy to use Brozong Ability which is a perfect combo with Battle Compressor, so I recover Metal Energy on discard pile.

What this deck look like to you guys? Need some change?

PS: I don't have N, that is why I have Shauna here.

I'd either take out Fan Club or play with 3 or 4. It's good to play turn one, but other than that, you'll probably want other things out of your deck. Playing higher counts of it allows you to get it in those early turns of setting up. I'd alsp drop a VS Seeker. It's a really nice card, but if you get it in your open in hand, it won't let you set up. There's also Item lock to worry about. I would play more draw and have VS Seeker there to supplies your draw power.

-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-1 VS Seeker
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 N (Shauna in your case)
+1 Colress

Can't Bronzong use the new Metal Energy? Just like Virizion-EX' attack can search and attach Herbal Energy?

Virizion can't attach Herbal Energy from the deck, and I feel like Bronzong can't accelerate Special Metal from the discard for the same reason, but I'm not looking at the cards at the moment. You can ask in the Ask a Professor forum.

No, it cannot. The new Shield Energy as well as Herbal Energy only provide their respective energy types once attached to their respective types of Pokemon. Ergo, Bronzong cannot Metal Links Shield Energy from the Discard Pile much like Virizion EX cannot Emerald Slash Herbal Energy from the deck.

Hope I helped! :D

Colddy said:
How about the deck, the purpose of the thread? :D

All of that to say: "Don't use Shield Energy in this deck."

Also, there was this:

Mora said:
I'd either take out Fan Club or play with 3 or 4. It's good to play turn one, but other than that, you'll probably want other things out of your deck. Playing higher counts of it allows you to get it in those early turns of setting up. I'd alsp drop a VS Seeker. It's a really nice card, but if you get it in your open in hand, it won't let you set up. There's also Item lock to worry about. I would play more draw and have VS Seeker there to supplies your draw power.

-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-1 VS Seeker
+1 Professor Juniper
+1 N (Shauna in your case)
+1 Colress

Yes, you say I need more draw power, I'm considering that, but I want hints about Pokémon and stuffs, if M Aggron EX is really viable, if there is something more to speed up.

Also, I already knew about Shield Energy as I stated in the first post.

In all honesty, I believe in M-Aggron where as others play it off. 240 kills everything that is played in the format currently. The muscle bands really REALLY arent necessary when you are (most likely) doing 240 damage. I would actually advise trying out Trick Coin instead of Muscle Band, since you are mostly trying to go for the massive 240 damage. Also, assuming you already have an Aggron EX out, you can set up M-Aggron in 1 turn. Use DCE and Metal Links two metals onto the bench. Another attacker is super quick to set up in this deck thats why i love it and no other mega's in the set can set up like that, other than maybe M-Gardevoir. Thats my two cents.

Maybe add Keldeo EX for the rush in ability because Bronzong's ability can only attach the energy to benched pokemon?

Is there a reason that you aren't runing M Aggron Spirit Link? I understand that it limits your ability to add in things like Muscle Band or, my personal favourite, Trick Coin; however the only reason I can see why you wouldn't want that is if you plan to stick an Outrager in the active for the turn you mega-evolve so they can boost their damage. Not too sure about that as a strategy though, as giving up an attack on your turn can give your opponent a slight advantage. Have you been able to playtest this deck at all? It looks really fun to use!

I don't run either M Aggron Spirit Link or Trick Coin because I chose Muscle Band and Float Stone. The first two tools are only effective to M Aggron, so it could be dead card in hand since won't be useful to outragers or Bronzong.

I don't know if worth to drop something to have Spirit Link. That's why I'm insisting to have advices.

If your deck lacks sniping the bench and the focus of the team is the amazing damage from M Aggron, maybe you should experiment with running mountain ring from the FF set. Which prevents damage from all benched pokemon, that way if you flip tails its all good, they can't snipe your bench, and since you have Pokemon that don't snipe your opponents bench it only benefits you.

Colddy said:
I don't run either M Aggron Spirit Link or Trick Coin because I chose Muscle Band and Float Stone. The first two tools are only effective to M Aggron, so it could be dead card in hand since won't be useful to outragers or Bronzong.

I don't know if worth to drop something to have Spirit Link. That's why I'm insisting to have advices.

Upon review, I somewhat agree about Trick Coin being a bit of a dead card for you. However, if you were to add in Spirit Links and Tool Retriever(s) to get them* back into your hand, they're great Ultra Ball fodder. This, granted, limits the chances of discarding metal energy with Ultra Ball to Metal Links back onto M Aggron, but you do have Shauna + Battle Compressor to help if need be.

*To clarify, "them" is the Spirit Link cards; I'm completely ruling out Trick Coin at this point

In reality, it's very much a case of personal preference and what YOU want to achieve with this deck. If it was me, I'd propose an Aggron-heavy line with the following changes -

-1 Zekrom
-1 Reshiram
-1 Kyurem
(If you want the focus to be on the outragers just as much as the Aggron line, ignore this suggestion)
-2 Float Stone
(As I understand the strategy, M Aggron is going to be active ASAP and with that hefty 240 damage, won't need to be retreating anytime soon - plus switch helps you there)
-1 Battle Compressor
(Personal preference - I feel battle compressor just isn't as good as I want it to be, so I'd drop the count by 1)

+1 Aggron EX
+1 M Aggron EX
(Same as comment for removing the outragers; ignore if you want an equal split of 240 damage and outragers)
+2 M Aggron Spirit Link
+1 Tool Retriever
(These two will be your best friends with getting that sweet turn 2 M Aggron EX - Skyla for whichever one you can't draw from first hand/Sycamore)
+1 Lysandre's Trump Card
(Once your Bronzongs have powered up 2-3 M Aggron EXs, you'll not need your discard pile to stay that way, and it helps shuffle in any fallen outragers/Aggrons plus all the tools to set up another round of metal links)

Just a thought! :)

I'm considering to have Aggron Spirit Link, but could it really speed the deck? I have Muscla Band not for Aggron EX but to Outragers.

Also I was thinking maybe M Aggron's Megaton Slam could easily kill Bronzongs in the bench, I don't know.

I've thought about it as well (quite heavily as I'm planning on making a deck similar to this) and the best solutions I can find are:

Max/Super Potion - Easy damage heal; Max Potion can also save a Mega Aggron EX from being KO'd at a crucial point (Super Potion purely because of Bronzong's low HP)
AZ - Not ideal as it wastes your supporter for the turn and you have to spend an extra turn playing it back onto the bench and evolving, but can come in handy in certain situations. Far better than Cassius.
Pokemon Center Lady - Mostly because I ADORE the artwork for the full art ^-^ but 60HP is nothing to sniff at, especially in combination with Super Potion and VS Seeker
Super Scoop Up - AZ without the supporter drawback, but with the annoyance of relying on flips. Good, but not great.
Scoop Up Cyclone - Super Scoop Up on steroids basically. It's a great option, but again, you have to play a weak Bronzor and then wait to evolve to Bronzong. Plus it takes up your Ace Spec for the deck if you have any others in mind.

Other, less practical, options:

Fresh Water Set - Useful for healing all Bronzongs together, but nerfs your damage output for Outragers.
Shield Energy - Reduces damage by 10, but is useless once discarded. Would not really recommend.
Cassius - Not that great, but fun for prize denial. Wouldn't especially recommend.

And lastly. The least practical of all options but you might just be a genius if you can pull it off:

Dusknoir (FLF) with Max Potion - move all damage you don't want on your pokemon to this guy with a respectable 130HP, and then drop a Max Potion. Rinse and repeat for perfectly calculated damage. Also for an impossible set up that ruins the deck's consistency. But hey, it's still there as a option.

Personally, I'm going with 2 Max Potion and an AZ/VS Seeker combo (although may replace AZ with Pokemon Center Lady after some extensive playtesting is carried out), but it's workable for sure. Absolute worst case scenario - use Mountain Ring stadium/Mr Mime. It ruins your Outrage potential, but it guarantees that your Bronzong are safe, short of an unavoidable Lysandre.

I prefer Mega aggron with shrine of memories, cause Mega aggron have 240 hp and can use attacks of aggron ex. So..Mega aggron with victini to try head in megaton slam is the better option in my opinion. Trick coin is difficult to use with aggron cause spirit link. Use tool retriever to take link from aggron is difficult to make in game. In theory is easy, but in practice no.

Back