Megaman X series thread.

LadiesMan217 said:
I know you have to beat the same bosses the second time. I love Zero.

Just put in the castle cheat for every game. Mega man III's cheat is difficult because you have blue dots as well as red dots. I don't remember the exact locations though but you get 9 tanks at the start and you can save your progress too.:)

The firefly laser puzzle is kind of annoying. It usually takes me several tries before I am finally able to guide a firefly through to hit the wall so I can reach the capsule. I do like the charged FireFly laser weapon a lot, as it delivers rapid and piercing damage, similar to what the Storm Tornado does in MMX1.

For a random piece of trivia information, did you know that defeating enemies with the Frost Shield in MMX3 will yield a lot of health power-ups and defeating enemies with the Acid Burst will yield a lot of weapon power-ups? I find the Frost Shield to be quite useful for charging sub-tanks up, not to mention that it is one of the weapons that can destroy Bit, rather than having him run away.

MM Anniversary collection is very much worth playing. MMII and MMIII are some of the best games in the Megaman series (my username is based off of a certain series of bosses in MMIII). If you are looking for games that are challenging, MMI and II will provide a challenge. Some of the sequences, like fighting the Yellow Devil in MMI, dodging the lasers in Quickman's stage in MMII, and figuring out what is going on in the 4th fortress level of MMII can take several tries before being successful. I have found that the NES games, in some respects, are more challenging than the X Series games. Try them out and see how you like them.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
The firefly laser puzzle is kind of annoying. It usually takes me several tries before I am finally able to guide a firefly through to hit the wall so I can reach the capsule. I do like the charged FireFly laser weapon a lot, as it delivers rapid and piercing damage, similar to what the Storm Tornado does in MMX1.

For a random piece of trivia information, did you know that defeating enemies with the Frost Shield in MMX3 will yield a lot of health power-ups and defeating enemies with the Acid Burst will yield a lot of weapon power-ups? I find the Frost Shield to be quite useful for charging sub-tanks up, not to mention that it is one of the weapons that can destroy Bit, rather than having him run away.

MM Anniversary collection is very much worth playing. MMII and MMIII are some of the best games in the Megaman series (my username is based off of a certain series of bosses in MMIII). If you are looking for games that are challenging, MMI and II will provide a challenge. Some of the sequences, like fighting the Yellow Devil in MMI, dodging the lasers in Quickman's stage in MMII, and figuring out what is going on in the 4th fortress level of MMII can take several tries before being successful. I have found that the NES games, in some respects, are more challenging than the X Series games. Try them out and see how you like them.

Mega Man II was the best game made in the series because of the weaponry that you got from each boss like Flash Mans Flash Stopper and the jet sled. The other reason it was most liked is because of the Dragon Droid boss of Dr Willy stage 1. I can only make it to the ladder where you have to use the jet sled and can't go any further so I am still stuck there. In Mega Man III I can make it to the 8 bosses 2nd time and then die but my friend made it to Dr. Wily and he did not beat him because he did not know at the time to use Search snake after I let him barrow it for awhile. In the other Mega Man games I just like playing around in the boss stages because I like playing with the weapons that you get.:)

But I heard before Megaman X8!!
I have already finish all.
When you finish all one time, there were another two times to play that is....
Normal&Difficult!!!
Thanks, xxashxx .now I know a new address!!!
Thank a lot!!

Oh yeah. The Megaman series is probably one of my favorites. Electronic Gaming Magazine even did a story on their timeline (EGM #222) that connected practically every series to each other, except for Battle Network. It actually gets really confusing...

The X series was pretty good for the most part. I really liked X4, primarily because they had animated cutscenes, which were pretty cool. Then when they got rid of those for comic-styled scenes in X5 and X6 I was slightly disappointed. The games were still good, though I still have practically NO IDEA what's going on in the beginning of X6.

But my favorite series by far was the Zero/ZX series for the GBA/DS. I have yet to play ZX: Advent, but the difficulty of the Zero series was astonishingly tough at times. It reminded me of the old Megaman games, with so many death-defying jumps and meticulous planning. You almost had to memorize the levels. I even think enemies didn't drop energy on hard mode X_X.

Command Mission was interesting. I never finished it (got ticked because Zero kept leaving the party...STAY STUPID!!!) but the gameplay reminded me a little of Final Fantasy X, where you could see when everyone would take their turns.

There are only a few Megaman games I haven't played, but most of them are pretty hard to find. I never played Legends 2 (which are reportedly the most current in the timeline) or the new Star Force games (got tired of Battle Network...reeeeeeal tired) but yeah, Megaman has been in my life for most of it.

Anyone remember the uber-awesome MM3 cheat where you held the down arrow on the P2 controller, jumped down a pit, and didn't die? If you were careful, you could even lose your energy and still live, hence making you immortal. Just don't hit any spikes or pick up any energy :p. I don't think it's there on the Anniversary editions, but if you've got an NES, try it out. Makes those second-round bosses a HECK of a lot easier.

...dodging the lasers in Quickman's stage in MMII...
Nightmares......so many nightmares...

my friend made it to Dr. Wily and he did not beat him because he did not know at the time to use Search snake
Once he gets in that huge machine, just get under him, jump up, and use Top Spin. Instakill. About the only time that weapon is useful, IMO.

I remember that cheat in Mega Man III when I used to rent it from my local video store but I never tried it out though.:)

WHOA ALCHEMIST_ALMIGHTY MADE A POST!!!11 :O :O

Funny you should mention Mega Man X6 because I've spent the last couple weeks kicking the crap out of it, I know it like the back of my hand.

The game takes place three weeks after the ending events of X5 - The Eurasia colony is destroyed and crashes into the earth, not destroying it but severely damaging it. Gate, random shlup scientist, is at the crash site, when he finds a mysterious piece of data that contains Zero's DNA. Gate is ecstatic and begins studying the DNA as best he can but can't fully analyze it. Gate goes Maverick and creates High Max and the Nightmares in an effort to create a perfect world for Reploids (where have we heard that before, hmmm) by eliminating what "low Reploids" remain after the crash.

You said the beginning so I won't go any further but that's pretty much the gist of it. Gate was a good guy up until he found that piece of data...

While I'm on the subject of MMX6, the Metal Anchor is just the most murderous weapon in the history of Mega Man. A charged Metal Anchor kills lots. It's like... if your name isn't Sigma's second form, Gate, or one of the investigators, you're going to die, a thousand times over, by a charged Metal Anchor.

Did you notice that they are all replicas of Storm Eagle from MMX?

Also thanks to the MMX Collection I played MMX2 for the first time in a while, and instead of really sucking and getting no Zero parts, 3 sub tanks and 6 heart tanks, I creamed that game and got everything, including the shoryuken which I think is pretty cool, I one-shotted Agile with it and would have killed Sigma with it if he wouldn't have hit me. I did manage to get one shoryuken on his second form, and it REALLY hurt.

Heh heh.....yeah, I'm still around, though I very rarely post anymore. When I do though, I deliver!

The X Collection went down to $20, right? I may end up getting that and trading in my PSOne X4-X6 copies (never owned the original X-X3 games). What other games come on that? Is it just X-X6 or is X7 possibly on there? I'm sure X8 isn't...

EDIT: And thanks for the story explanation. About the only thing I didn't understand what Gate's involvement in the whole thing, other than that somewhere along the line, he went insane and you had to kill him. So basically he's the one that invented the Zero Virus then? Or is the Sigma virus in X5 (the stuff that hurt X and made Zero invincible) and the Zero virus in X6 the same thing?

I suppose I should play through those games again...

Yeah... Metal Shark Player can revive Blast Hornet and Sting Chameleon when you are fighting him, too. The Metal Anchor's charged power is pretty strong, but if X gets hit during the duration that he uses the attack, the attack stops, which is very frustrating, especially on XTreme mode. I still like to use the Yanmar Option's charged form because it provides both offensive and defensive powers.

MMX6's plot can be hard to understand because of the poor English, especially when Isoc is speaking and when you encounter Zero.

After going Maverick, Gate sent the Investigators to the 8 areas on the map. Isoc announced that the reploids should go to those 8 areas to help the Investigators with their cause. However, the real plot behind it is to deliberately guide the reploids into Nightmare infested areas so that they can be corrupted by the Nightmares.

Command Mission hardly feels like a Megaman game, but it is fun nevertheless. The plot makes no sense, though, and the voice acting during battle scenes is reminiscent of what the Power Rangers would say when they are battling. At least the voices themselves sound realistic.

Zero becomes a permanent member of the party in Chapter 6. He is definitely one of the the main fighting forces on the team, especially with his Zero Skull Crush Command Art move, and later, his Absolute Zero Hyper Mode.

If you open up the secret area in Gimiala Mines, when Marino learns the Mirage Dive (3 Marino Icons for her Action Trigger), it can wipe out Gold and Silver Metools with ease and end the battle in one shot. Each time you attack a Golden or Silver Metool, the amount of Zenny you obtain from it drops by 1/2. That is why it is important to at least get it in the Final Strike range so you can easily rack up 10,000's of Zennies in a very short period of time. The secret area of these mines makes it much easier to get the secret weapons.

Megaman Battle and Chase, a game only released in Japan, is on the Megaman X Collection... you just need to beat each game one time to unlock it. The voices in the game appear to be the ones from the Japanese version of the game. The game is pretty fun, but I don't play it too often.

I've seen demonstrations of that before... it takes some coordination to pull off in a manner where you don't take crash damage from the enemy you are trying to hit. Also, in some of the games, dashing and attacking triggers one of Zero's special moves.

What I thought was odd was some weird glitch involving using the Blade Armor's air dash and Shield Sheldon's Weapon to destroy High Max quickly during the third fight with him. I can't remember the video I saw that in, but it looked interesting. It involves using the weapon and air dashing straight up to hit High Max with the dashing part of the move (not so close that you crash into High Max, though).

I've heard that there are some continuity problems with Maverick Hunter X. Apparently, Dr. Cain dies in the re-make. How can MMX2 and MMX3 happen after that? Too bad there aren't any other games on the PSP that I like, as I want both Maverick Hunter X and Megaman Powered Up.

I find that I just don't have the coordination to pull off the SDC. I just rely on Zero's Shock Buffer as a poor replacement for the armor capabilities that X has (Zero Ultimate Armor doesn't count). Zero appears to be meant as a more challenging way to play the game, as he has very limited ranged attacks, mostly special moves like the Yanmar Option or any of his special moves that hit a large part of the screen (the lazily named "Giga Attacks"... I would have prefered a more original name, as it just rips off of MMX2's Giga Crush).

Back