• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mega Venusaur EX/Venusaur EX/Serperior/Reuniclus

ahg3117

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, this thought just crossed my mind, and thus I have not done any testing with this as it is purely hypothetical. What if we were to create a Venusaur EX/Mega Venusaur EX deck utilizing Virizion EX for acceleration, Celebi EX to help with tanking (using Jungle Hammer) and the B&W Serperior to help heal damage. If Celebi EX worries some of you, it is not essential to have in the deck, as you could abuse Reuniclus (although it is fragile) to help move damage around to make use of Serperior more, potentially healing 60 damage between turns. With the help of Venusaur's Jungle Hammer, that number could reach 150 by the time of your next turn! Combine this with super potion (discard one energy, heal 60 damage), Pokemon Center, and hand charm (reduce damage taken by 20) and you are left with a 230 HP pokemon that is turned into an absolute tank!

Here is my starting (skeleton) list (once again, no testing done)

Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Venusaur EX (X&Y)
  • 2 Mega Venusaur EX (X&Y)
  • 2-1-2 Serperior B&W (Royal Heal)
  • 2 Virizion EX (Plasma Blast)
  • 2-0-2 Reuniclus (B&W)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 4 Professor Juniper/Sycamore
  • 4 N
  • 3 Colress
  • 3 Skyla
  • 1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Super Potion
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
Energy: 10
  • 10 Grass
This idea isn't foolproof, and I'm sure there are decks that could give it a hard time, but I think once (if) this deck sets up, it could see some competitive play! Thoughts?

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

You want to be using max potion in here. You can move all the damage to one pokemon (without any energy on it) and just heal a ton of damage, instead of super potion's 60.

The thing about max potion in this deck is that all the attacks require a lot of energy to be used and I think that it would not be beneficial to heal off all the damage at once, considering you're taking 10 off every pokemon between turns and 30 off Venusaur every time you use jungle hammer.
I see your point and you could do that, but that's taking a completely different approach to the deck. I think that idea is very viable, although I think that since max potions are limited it could fade out late game

But if you can move it to a benched M Venusaur EX without any Energy with Reuniclus's Ability' that's a maximum of 220 damage just gone.

Mora said:
But if you can move it to a benched M Venusaur EX without any Energy with Reuniclus's Ability' that's a maximum of 220 damage just gone.

Or you can even move it to Serperior or Reuniclus itself. XD Although healing 220 would be awesome.

Although you could safely heal up to 140 a turn with two damage counters on each of your Benched Pokemon and one on your Active plus healing 30 with your attack all for absolutely nothing. It could be that Max Potion isn't even needed. I wouldn't know having not tested it. Whichever you decide, I do believe Max Potion would be better than Super Potion.

Back