• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Mega Secptile EX

Jack Saunders

Aspiring Trainer
I Have been playing this on expanded for a bit and wanted to know if I can improve on it in any way, as I have an expanded league cup this weekend.
Here’s the list:

Pokémon: 11
4 Sceptile Ex AOR
3 Mega Sceptile EX AOR
2 Shaymin EX ROS
1 Tapu-Lele GX GRI
1 Magearna UPR

Trainers: 38
4 Sycamore
2 N
2 Guzma
4 Ultra ball
4 Trainer mail
4 Hypnotoxic lazer
3 Sceptile spirit link
2 Proffesors letter
3 Energy retrieval
3 Virbank city Gym
4 VS Seeker
1 Field blower
1 choice band
1 weakness policies

Energy:
11 Basic grass

The main point of this deck is to 2 shot while completely healing. A usual turn goes like this, they attack for a certain amount, you pay the two retreat cost, retrieve or get energy in hand, then attack with another Mega Sceptile, powering up the benches one while completely healing. Mega Sceptile also has the stop ancient trait, which stop all effects of abilities done to it, ie; Bats. It has almost an sure win against Siesmatoad, and have mostly good matches across the board. It does struggle with non-Wailord mill decks, and one prize attackers, (other than night march) mainly because you run through your deck very very quickly. Another varient I have in mind is

-1 sycamore
-1 hypnotoxic lazer
-1 Tapu Lele

+1 energy retrieval
+1 Cynthia
+1 Switch

I’m not sure what’s better, and I might be missing something. If you have any suggestions at, I will at least try it.

Last edited:
Back