• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Scizor/Tapu Fini

LePokeRoi

Fountain of Knowledge
You probably saw the title and were like "What the...?" Just roll with it. Mega Scizor is my favorite and I'm trying to get the deck to not auto-lose to Volcanion. This is my current deck. I tried one in the past using the Araquanid that is immune to fire types, but my opponent brought out a Lele and destroyed them. Fini seemed like the next best option.

4 Scizor-EX BKP 76
3 M Scizor-EX BKP 77
2 Trubbish BKP 56
2 Garbodor BKP 57
3 Tapu Fini-GX BSH 39
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

3 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Scizor Spirit Link BKP 111
2 Choice Band GRI 121

4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
1 Field Blower GRI 125
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Nest Ball SUM 123
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124

1 Ninja Boy STS 103
4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
3 N FAC 105
2 Guzma BSH 115

8 Metal Energy 8
1 Water Energy 3

This is a fairly standard Mega Scizor/Garbodor deck other than the Fini and its accommodations. the lone water energy is for if my opponent loads up one pokemon with too much, like using a Kiawe, I can Tapu Storm them back into the deck. Ninja Boy is there so if I start Scizor, I can replace it with a Fini to present the easy fire KO. The Choice Bands are mostly there for the Finis so they can hit 100 on Volcanion EXs, but I can also Field blower my own spirit link after evolving and attach it to a Mega Scizor, which could be fun. I would run 2 Field Blowers, but my deck is not ability reliant so I didn't. And I 2 shot fighting fury belt Pokemon anyway.

Mostly just looking for if anyone had any recommendations. I only have one Lele online, so I can't add another of those in yet.

I'm don't know that much about this deck, but one piece of advice I could give you would be that you should worry a little less about fire decks. I understand your worry, but three Tapu Fini GX just to counter one fire deck. Even though fire decks gain Kiawe they are going to verse a lot of water decks, so I wouldn't be surprised to see fire decks on the decline. In the new format there will be Alolan Nintales GX, Greninja BREAK, and Lapras GX. I run a Metagross GX deck, and to counter fire decks I just run 2 Altar of the Sunne. If you are that worried about fire decks I would suggest running 2 Tapu Fini and 1 Altar of the Sunne. Here are the changes I would suggest though.

-3 Tapu Fini GX
-1 Ninja Boy
-1 Water Energy

+2 Altar of the Sunne

You can add whatever 3 cards you want with the empty space. If you are making this deck expanded though rather than making the changes above I would make these changes.

-3 Tapu Fini GX
-1 Ninja Boy
-1 Water Energy

+1 Eevee
+1 Vaporeon AOR

This combo will work way better against fire decks if you want to play in expanded. You can also add in whatever 3 cards you want. All my comments are assuming we are in the 2018 format. I hope this helps.

Using a card that ruins your consistency to help a match up that no matter what will be an auto loss is usually not a good way to go. Sadly scizor is just not good I'm the coming format other than ninetales most decks that will be popular next format have no issues against scizor. If you want to use scizor focus on it's strengths and don't worry about volcanion and just accept the auto loss tech for other decks. Easy to fit in giratina for greninja, easy to tech garbodor for bulu/vikavolt, and it's easy to tech in so energy denial. However id like to point out scizor looses mega turbo which is a huge loss and ultimately is what kills megas next format.
2 final comments
1.Fini does nothing to ho-oh as it's week to lightning rendering your tech mute
2. For the comment of above, for the love of god aor eevelutions only change the types of stage 1's

Altar of the Sunne works with Metagross because Metagross' only problem against Volcanion is its weakness. Mega Scizor is bad against Volcanion because of weakness, the fact that it misses the KO on baby Volc by 10, and they don't rely on special energy or stadiums which Mega Scizor preys upon.

Also, Ancient Origins Vaporeon only works on stage ones, which does not include Mega Pokemon.

And I think I found a better solution to this fire hazard: Vileplume. Immune to basics, and Volcanion won't play anything to get around that. So I might try that soon.

Using a card that ruins your consistency to help a match up that no matter what will be an auto loss is usually not a good way to go. Sadly scizor is just not good I'm the coming format other than ninetales most decks that will be popular next format have no issues against scizor. If you want to use scizor focus on it's strengths and don't worry about volcanion and just accept the auto loss tech for other decks. Easy to fit in giratina for greninja, easy to tech garbodor for bulu/vikavolt, and it's easy to tech in so energy denial. However id like to point out scizor looses mega turbo which is a huge loss and ultimately is what kills megas next format.
2 final comments
1.Fini does nothing to ho-oh as it's week to lightning rendering your tech mute
2. For the comment of above, for the love of god aor eevelutions only change the types of stage 1's

Garbotoxin actually puts Scizor in a really good spot against a lot of these decks.

• We OHKO Gardevoir GX, which is the most important.
  • We OHKO Alolan Ninetails GX
  • Bulu misses the OHKO, and Garbotoxin annoys the Vikavolt, so I like this matchup.
  • If the ability lock stays, Scizor beats Greninja because Rough Seas will be gone.
  • Golisopod GX will be a 50-50 hopefully if we can stop switching with Zoroark via Garbotoxin
  • Drampa/Garb is favorable because Drampa relies on DCE and Garb is OHKOed and we have resistance
  • Quad Sylveon should be easy
  • Mega turbo may be gone, but Max Elixir isn't
Scizor beats a lot of matchups. But it auto-loses to Volc, so that's what I am trying to repair.

My bad I thought Mega Evolution counted as a stage. If your problem is missing it by 10 Tapu Fini isn't a solution. Nor is running a Vileplume just to counter Volcanion EX. I've never seen someone worry so much about one matchup. You are talking about one deck, that's it. I would run 2 cards at most to counter it. I don't know what your 2 cards should be, but that would be the most cards I would ever put into a deck to counter another one. I hope this helps.

Now, I'm not sure about Scizor, but Garbodor will be super good next format, and I guess with Scizor OHKO-ing Ninetales and Gardevoir it could be really good. Like Adi said, I wouldn't play more than 2 cards to counter anything, and as AuraJackle said, Ho-oh isn't weak to water. Vileplume is definitely NOT the answer here, since it would destroy your consistency and it can be Guzma'd around. I would just play Altar of the Sunne, even though it's a replaceable stadium, it's better than nothing I suppose. I would also think about teching a Dhelmise. The plus 10 needed to kill a baby Volcanion is covered here, and it helps you 2HKO Pokemon with 250 HP. If you needed to, it could also attack, but that isn't recommended. You could also play Energy disruption, since Volcanion can't beat you if they have no energy, and if the constantly attach to the Baby Volc, you can either discard their Energy, or Guzma around it. Or play both Dhelmise, AND energy disruption alongside Garbodor so they can't KO you with Power Heater, they can't set energy up on the big boy attackers, and you kill the baby Volcs with no problems. All while those help your other matchups.

Back