Mega Rayquaza / New OR/AS Info in NicoNico Video Stream [10/2]

OH YEAH! Mega Rayquaza looks so f***in' cool! It's amazing, so sleek, I don't know what to say... it's perfect, best Mega ever!
In case anyone didn't notice, the protusions on its head, next to its mouth (or the "tusks" as some are calling them) form a triangle, which, in case anyone didn't know, is an uppercase Delta. They're not there just for the sake of it...
People complaining about Rayquaza getting a Mega instead of a Primal form still don't get it, Megas and Primals are the same thing in practice. There may be a slight difference in the way they activate, but that's why they're saying Rayquaza will Mega evolve in a different way compared to other Megas, most likely, to mirror the way Primal Reversion is activated.
Also, I'm kinda sad this pretty much confirms no Delta Emerald game, but I like they are referencing it in the design and ability

I just hope its stats make it worth Mega evolving it, unlike some Megas like Garchomp or the Lati@s...

Oh man, Rayquaza looks hella rad!
[Not like they weren't before the megalution, but Nintendo is really winning my heart here!]

I don't know what about my favorite Hoenn Pokemon receiving Megas (Swampert, Mawile, Rayquaza, Altaria) but I get so excited that I get to travel with my old, rad friends who seem to have almost grown up with me.

Rayquaza seemed to have folded out and expanded rather than just growing bigger like Groudon and Kyogre.[ though I appreciate how snazzy they look in primal forms ].
I'd be amazed if he got a toy similar to the ones Transformers have, haha--

Anyone else notice how the yellow stripes came off and became like fire? hopefully this means a reprint of DRX rayquaza Ex cause then my full art one will go up in value

I wonder what the stringy gold things are for. I think it looks at bit to busy on its sprite; I can't wait to see a sugimori version.

bbninjas said:
I wonder what the stringy gold things are for. I think it looks at bit to busy on its sprite; I can't wait to see a sugimori version.

I think '' the stringy gold things '' reminds me of Naruto... xD Am I the only one?

I'm usually kind of lukewarm on mega evolution designs, but this totally floored me. This might be the best-looking mega evolution to date. It's gorgeous!

They get a chance to go really elaborate, spacey Gundam style with a Rayquaza mega, and they went for it. Talk about a design that wouldn't have been possible in the previous generation. You couldn't fit it on a DS screen.

Mega Rayquaza design is based on a dragon kite. Just read from Japanese pivix dictionary page for Mega Rayquaza, they are saying that Dragon Ascend is the Flying type version of Close Combat. I was going to check the Japanese official site but it's down right now.

Mega Rayquaza's design is simply AMAZING. They succeeded in making one of the already coolest Pokemon ever even COOLER. Definitely one of the top tier designed Megas. And can't wait to get my hands on a card of it <3

Anyways I'm glad this kinda debunks Delta Emerald, I like how all the remakes are just in pairs with no third game (YAY CONSISTENCY)

Man that Mega Rayquaza looks pretty cool. Does anyone know if he will still be at the Sky Pillar or will Rayquaza be at a new location this time around? Hopefully if he is still at the Sky Pillar that they will have patched all those hole in the floor like there was last time and hopefully there will be no need for the speed bike like last time.:)

"In addition, moves of a type to which Flying-type Pokemon are usually susceptible will only deal normal damage."

I read over this description of Strong Winds, and I came across two interpretations of its effects, hence I have this question:

When an Ice type move is used, does it:
1. Negate the Super Effectiveness against Mega Rayquaza's Flying subtyping but remain Super Effective on its Dragon subtyping? Which results in 2x damage.
OR
2. Completely negate Ice as a weakness against Pokemon that have a Flying subtyping? Resulting in a removed Ice weakness in Mega Rayquaza's Dragon and Flying subtypings, leading to 1x effective damage?

At first I thought it was the first option but a friend pointed out that the second could be a possibility, so I wanted to ask you guys.

Rayquaza-XD said:
I read over the description of Strong Winds, and I came across two interpretations of its effects, hence I have this question:

When an Ice type move is used, does it:
1. Negate the Super Effectiveness against Mega Rayquaza's Flying subtyping but remain Super Effective on its Dragon subtyping? Which results in 2x damage.
OR
2. Completely negate Ice as a weakness against Pokemon that have a Flying subtyping? Resulting in a removed Ice weakness in Mega Rayquaza's Dragon and Flying subtypings, leading to 1x effective damage?

At first I thought it was the first option but a friend pointed out that the second could be a possibility, so I wanted to ask you guys.

Well there is no specific sentence anywhere, but I'm pretty confident it's still weak to Ice as a Mega.

-Ice, Dragon and Fairy weaknesses
while retaining all the benefits of the Flying type
-Ground immunity
-Fire, Electric (which was neutral before), Water, Grass (4x), Bug, Fight resistances

that's really cool.

Pokemon like Pidgeot would have no weaknesses at all with this active.

I'm disappointed that we've only gotten a wind-based weather effect now and in this manner... it just makes a regular windy/stormy weather even less likely now -.-

I watched the Japanese stream again and noticed that the sound made by Ice Shard from an Abomasnow was Super Effective against it, so I guess it's the first interpretation.

Mega Rayquaza is GLORIOUS. I was a bit iffy on the pseudo-wings and tusks, but the wings don't bother me much and once I realized the tusks were supposed to make a delta... I was on board. xD
Also, I love all the streamers. And Rayquaza looks like it's made of jade or something!

My random theory of the day that's probably not true but hey wouldn't it be cool. This is referring to that rock thing in Lilycove that was never explained in the games. Since Delta Species Pokemon was a thing in the TCG, the alpha/omega symbols were part of the Magma/Aqua logos, and Masuda had thought about features like Pokemon Bank as far back as R/S, you never know...

Attachments

• rayquaza-theory.png
    rayquaza-theory.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 254
Water Pokémon Master said:
My random theory of the day that's probably not true but hey wouldn't it be cool. This is referring to that rock thing in Lilycove that was never explained in the games. Since Delta Species Pokemon was a thing in the TCG, the alpha/omega symbols were part of the Magma/Aqua logos, and Masuda had thought about features like Pokemon Bank as far back as R/S, you never know...

Hmm... 'rainbow brilliance?' All I see is yellowish green on that thing. Sounds like the rainbow grail from PR guardian signs.

Back