• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Rayquaza in Guardians Rising

Licki200

Aspiring Trainer
So I have been playing M Ray for about 5 months now, and feel very comfortable with the deck. I have been thinking about what to add from Guardians for a League Challenge tomorrow, but I want some input from you guys. Here's my pre-GUR list and the cards I want to add to it:
Pokemon
1 x Rayquaza EX
2 x Rayquaza EX (Full Art)
1 x M Rayquaza EX (Full Art)
2 x M Rayquaza EX
2 x Hoopa EX
4 x Shaymin EX
2 x Dragonite EX
1 x Genesect EX
1 x Magearna EX
1 x Oranguru

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Trainers' Mail
4 x VS Seeker
3 x Mega Turbo
3 x Rayquaza Spirit Link
2 x Float Stone
1 x Super Rod
4 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Lysandre
2 x N
2 x Hex Maniac
4 x Sky Field

Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
4 x Metal Energy - Basic

-1 Genesect EX and Dragonite EX +2 Tapu Lele (Field Blower makes Genesect worse)
-1 Super Rod +1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Professor Sycamore +1 Skyla
I also want to add Olympia but I am not sure what to cut.
I have been thinking of removing Mail and adding Lillie and Field Blower as well

How is my list? Is there anything else you guys would recommend adding/removing?

So I have been playing M Ray for about 5 months now, and feel very comfortable with the deck. I have been thinking about what to add from Guardians for a League Challenge tomorrow, but I want some input from you guys. Here's my pre-GUR list and the cards I want to add to it:
Pokemon
1 x Rayquaza EX
2 x Rayquaza EX (Full Art)
1 x M Rayquaza EX (Full Art)
2 x M Rayquaza EX
2 x Hoopa EX
4 x Shaymin EX
2 x Dragonite EX
1 x Genesect EX
1 x Magearna EX
1 x Oranguru

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Trainers' Mail
4 x VS Seeker
3 x Mega Turbo
3 x Rayquaza Spirit Link
2 x Float Stone
1 x Super Rod
4 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Lysandre
2 x N
2 x Hex Maniac
4 x Sky Field

Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
4 x Metal Energy - Basic

-1 Genesect EX and Dragonite EX +2 Tapu Lele (Field Blower makes Genesect worse)
-1 Super Rod +1 Rescue Stretcher
-1 Professor Sycamore +1 Skyla
I also want to add Olympia but I am not sure what to cut.
I have been thinking of removing Mail and adding Lillie and Field Blower as well

How is my list? Is there anything else you guys would recommend adding/removing?
Your list looks pretty good, but Garb is going to absolutely own you. Here's the list I'd recommend:

Pokemon(16):

4x Rayquaza EX
3x M Rayquaza-EX
1x Tapu Lele-GX
1x Hoopa-EX
4x Shaymin-EX
1x Magearna-EX
2x Dragonite-EX

Trainers (36):

4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
2x Lysandre
2x Olympia
1x Lillie
1x Hex Maniac
4x VS Seeker
3x Trainer's Mail
4x Ultra Ball
3x Mega Turbo
1x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
3x Rayquaza Spirit Link
4x Sky Field

Energy (8):

4x Double Colorless Energy
4x Metal Energy

I know they'res still a fair amount of items, but like you said the T-Mails could go for more Leles and Hoopas if thats a possibility and then you'd be much more Garb-proof. Also, if you just dont care about Garb, you can lose the Olympias for Float Stones, it would smooth things a bit. Hope this is helpful! :)

Sudowoodo (GUR) is going to be a real pest, you might want to add another Tapu Lele-GX to help get Lysandre out easier.

You only need 2, 3 is too much. You don't need to find it with Hoopa, you can just use an Ultra Ball. Hoopa is an integral part of my M Gardevoir deck but I don't have much trouble getting Tapu Lele in play since I run 4 Ultra Balls

How's your list looking like? I placed second in a league cup recently but didn't run any trainers mail in my deck. Sudowoodo is definitely an annoyance and I've been thinking about going up to 3 Lysandre just to deal with it along with 2 Lele.

Back