• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Mawile Deck (Semi-Competitive/Fun)

Hello people of Pokebeach! This is my first post on Pokebeach, so, just thought I'd point that out. Anyways I recently made a deck based around Mega Mawile PROMO. Although it's not very competitive, it is fun nonetheless. Here is the list!:

Pokémon: ~10~

- Mawile EX x4
- Mega Mawile EX x3
- Shaymin EX x2
- Hoopa EX x1

Trainers: ~39~

- Crushing Hammer x4
- Enhanced Hammer x2
- Fairy Drop x2
- Mega Turbo x2
- Super Rod x1
- Trainers' Mail x3
- Ultra Ball x4
- VS Seeker x4
- Fairy Garden x3
- Lysandre x2
- N x3
- Professor Sycamore x4
- Mawile Spirit Link x4

Energy: ~ 11~

- Fairy Energy x11

So, the strategy behind this is you power up Mega Mawile to 2HKO almost any Pokémon AND try to discard energy with her attack along with some hammers. Fairy Drop is there to heal it up because it has a pathetic 190 HP for a Mega. Fairy Garden is there for free retreat and Mega Turbo for Energy Acceleration. Hoopa is there to call any EX you need, since it is an all EX Deck. That's the strategy, discard energy to try and prevent your opponent from attacking, and 2HKO most of them. Thanks for reading! (Any feedback on the deck itself or anything having to do with consistency is greatly appreciated!)

I feel like a Geomancy Xerneas or two and/or a couple Max Elixirs could be good additions. You need all the energy acceleration you can get.

Also, you are also doing enough energy disruption, that your opponent may not be able to attack. Meaning the extra damage isn't always needed. You'll 2HKO anything anyway.

Not so sure about needing Elixirs, but I definitely think adding Xerneas would be a pretty big addition to the consistency of this deck. I also don't think you need as many hammers as you have as long as you can get the energy onto Mawile quickly enough. I would also consider adding a Pokemon Center Lady to this list. I doubt you have to burn through your deck super fast to make this work. It looks like it is more about surviving hits than lighting anything up. PCL + Fairy Drop = surviving a hit against many / most decks :)

I don't run any Max Elixirs. I assume you must be talking about the Mega Turbos. Pokémon Center Lady is a good addition as well, but Xerneas isn't really needed . It just costs 3 Energies and you have Mega Turbo so it is very fast. Also the Hammers are also just to make the deck completely annoying to play against. No energies, No attack.

I don't run any Max Elixirs. I assume you must be talking about the Mega Turbos. Pokémon Center Lady is a good addition as well, but Xerneas isn't really needed . It just costs 3 Energies and you have Mega Turbo so it is very fast. Also the Hammers are also just to make the deck completely annoying to play against. No energies, No attack.
The Elixirs comment was a response to another poster :)

I guess I figure that if you have to get three energies on two pokemon (because realistically you need two set up) that Xerneas gets you there faster in the event your first mawile goes down and you need a big basic to stall and not cost you two prizes.

Ahh okay. But stalling with a non-EX might be useful for setting up, because this deck is fast enough, but not to the point to were you will power Mawile up in 1 turn.

Back