• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Mega Heracross/Vikavolt Deck Idea

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
So, after looking at decklists for Tapu Bulu/Vikavolt decks, I had the idea for an expanded deck using Mega Heracross instead of Tapu Bulu for the deck. Here's my decklist for expanded:

Pokémon - 22
3 Heracross-EX
3 M Heracross-EX
2 Tapu Lele GX
3 Grubbin SUM
3 Vikavolt SUM
2 Eevee SUM
2 Leafeon-GX

Energy - 12
7 Basic Grass Energy
5 Basic Lightning Energy

Trainer - 26
2 N
2 Colress
2 Guzma
2 Pokémon Fan Club
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
1 Field Blower
3 Choice Band
2 Energy Recycler
4 Max Potion
4 VS Seeker

So, the main idea of this deck is to use Mega Heracross much the same way you would use Tapu Bulu GX every round. The main difference to Heracross being that he already will do 180 damage every turn, so the point of the deck is to use Max Potion on Mega Heracross to heal all damage off him and then use Vikavolt to spread more energy onto him. The other problem (being the fact that Heracross has no spirit link) is solved by a first turn (you will probably want to go second while using this deck) Leafeon GX. On your first turn, use Leafeon GX to evolve all of your benched Heracross EX into the Mega. After that, Leafeon can then resort to healing 50 damage every turn.

I know this deck needs quite a bit of work, and it's crammed for space, but I'd like to hear other people's ideas on it.

Last edited:
4 Vs seeker will really help with the low amount of draw supporters you're playing. Leafeon GX is a really good idea to bypass the Mega Evolution rule, I do think 2-2 is a little low though. Since you're not playing Charjabug you'll need the 4th rare candy. 2 Field blower could be a little overkill but idk. Switch should probably be a 3rd Guzma. Other than that, this seems really fun.

Is there a reason that there is an absence of a Sycamore/Juniper? I would personally drop the switch, Oranguru, Center Lady, and a Field Blower for a playset of Vs. Seeker, since any expanded deck needs one. Period.

Is there a reason that there is an absence of a Sycamore/Juniper? I would personally drop the switch, Oranguru, Center Lady, and a Field Blower for a playset of Vs. Seeker, since any expanded deck needs one. Period.
The reason is because there's just so much stuff that this deck needs to help it run. Your ideas are very good though since this deck really needs VS Seeker, I just couldn't take figure out what to take out to put them in.

Why don't you play any chargabug? I wouldn't usually, but it seems like a missed opportunity as you play leafeon...

Back