• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gardevoir.

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone could give any advice towards this list? I'm partially undecided on the Aromatisse, but as a 1-1, does it really hurt?

Any help would be appreciated!

Pokémon: 12
3 x Mega Gardevoir - Generations
3 x Gardveoir EX - Generations
3 x Xerneas - Steam Siege
1 x Spritzee -
1 x Aromatisse - XY Base
1 x Hoopa EX - Ancient Origins

Trainers: 35
4 x VS Seeker
3 x Ultra Ball
2 x Super Rod
2 x Super Scoop Up
4 x Max Elixir
3 x Gardevoir Spirit Link
2 x Trainers Mail
3 x Professor Sycamore
4 x N
3 x Lysandre
2 x Pokémon Fan Club
3 x Fairy Garden

Energy: 13
13 x Fairy Energy

I've been playing this deck since PRC release, avatar relevant, so I think I can help.

The biggest thing is that Aromatisse is not Standard but Expanded. The deck was significantly better when it was around, and I do change it for Expanded tournaments, but there are alternatives. My favorite replacement for it is the Whimsicott from Ancient Origins with the Windy Mischief attack that moves all damage counters from one of your bench to their active, it's like an offensive max potion. I run a 2-2 line and if you want to play Aromatisse in Expanded I suggest a 2-2 line as well. Also don't forget to run it with Max Potions if you do play Expanded

The other biggest suggestion is running 4 Xerneas and 1-2 Xerneas Break as Xerneas is BY FAR THE BEST START. I'd also drop the Hoopa for a Tapu Lele or Shaymin but that is just preference/availability for those cards.

Rather than making suggestions I'll put approximately how I run this deck:

Pokemon= 17
3-3 M Gardevoir EX
4-2 Xerneas Break
2-2 Whimsicott
1 Tapu Lele GX

Supporters= 13
4 N
2 Sycamore
2 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Pokemon Center Lady (don't count this out because Xerneas has 130 HP, and can tank a lot of small hits with the card)
1 Skyla
1 Steven
1 Brocks Grit (Last 2 Supporters are preference, and not really critical to the deck, try what you like and be open minded)

Items= 15
3 Vs Seeker
3 Spirit Link
2 Ultra Ball
3 Trainers Mail
2 Exp Share
1 Energy Recycler
1 Field Blower

3 Fairy Garden

12 Fairy Energy (This is more than enough if you space your energy out right)

Any questions, I can help as this is my main deck for almost 2 years now and I understand most of it's matchups. Good luck!

Hey man, would you help me out on some tips on how to play this. Btw, I have all the cards needed right now for that since I'm testing it with dragonair which is really inconsistent. Especially against garb and other top decks right now since I can see some hope with this especially on the next set with gard-gx

Hey man, would you help me out on some tips on how to play this. Btw, I have all the cards needed right now for that since I'm testing it with dragonair which is really inconsistent. Especially against garb and other top decks right now since I can see some hope with this especially on the next set with gard-gx

I've found Dragonair works better with Darkrai and doesn't work with Gardevoir. I believe if you want to play this deck the only replaceable bit are the whimsicott for just about anything. I have my doubts about Gardevoir GX when it comes out for this deck because it will be slower than Xerneas is now, though it will be great against Garb. My suggestion, if you are ultra worried about Garb is to drop the Whimsicott line and the trainers mail for 2-2 Slyveon GX, 1 more Steven, more supporters beyond that or more Xerneas Breaks for Drampa. Rely on bulkiness and your ability to Cotton Bed damage back over. This deck always worked in item lock so just be patient and wait for your Megas and Breaks in top decks and with N's.

I think this is the best version of the deck.

I see, I guess I'll try it first with whimsicott since I won't be attacking in the early turns and that would help alot against aggresive mons until I have one to fight back. Although sylveon looks good too. How's the matchup with other decks if you're using whimsicott or sylveon?

I see, I guess I'll try it first with whimsicott since I won't be attacking in the early turns and that would help alot against aggresive mons until I have one to fight back. Although sylveon looks good too. How's the matchup with other decks if you're using whimsicott or sylveon?

Keep in mind neither Whimsicott or Slyveon, or any other Pokemon you decide to throw in there are really staples of the deck. I've been using Whimsicott this year because Aromatisse rotated but if you play in expanded all the currently "optional" card should be taken out for 2-2 Aromatisse and 3-4 Max potion. Whimsicott has proven extremely helpful should M Gardevoir take non-lethal damage. Additionally Xerneas is your best start and while going 2nd isn't bad at all in this deck you only have a 40% chance of starting with at least 1 Xerneas.

On the topic of Garbodor this deck should do well. If you are truly afraid of the Garb deck and want to go all in to countering it run 1 more break and 2 more energy. Get Xerneas out and only setup 1 Gardevoir. Otherwise play it normal just without using items beyond spirit link and being careful to Sycamore away items. The items are not the staple of this deck but rather cards used to speed the deck up and make it more consistent. Drampa is good into Xerneas as it's second attack will 1 shot Xerneas and it's Break if it gets the +80 so build up Gardevoirs specifically for that. Imho, easy matchup and definitely in your favor.

Favorable Matchups:
Garbodor
M Mewtwo (though that deck is only slightly favorable as it's very much a game by game type deck, but it's hard still to get a 1 shot with M Mewtwo)
All Turbo Dark and Yveltal Decks (resist 20 makes all their attack 20x rather than 20+20x)
Slower Energy Stacking decks (Xerneas is very consistent, beats out Turbo Dark, Volcanion and other energy ramp decks)
Denial Decks (Ability, Item, Supporter locks and energy denial are not great against this deck as it relies more so on the tempo of it's attacks and should run energy restore cards, imho this is one of the strongest features of the deck). Slyveon Deck is still annoying regardless, just try to keep an energy in hand and continually setup with Xerneas, they will run out of counter cards before you run out of energy restoration, I've played against it enough, though the matchup is favored to Sylveon.
Decks based on reliable 2 shots (Zygarde, Umbreon, Volcanion, Espeon, Ninetales, Lapras and others that hit for 110-200 are weak to Gardevoirs bulk, and either Whimsicott's or Aromatisse's utility)
Decks that attempt to wall (Jolteon, Glaceon, Carbink and other similar walls do not fair well as you have damage from all types of sources. Always keep in mind Whimsicott's attack moves damage counter so it's not stopped by Glaceon's Crystal Ray effect.)
Tauros (Xerneas walls so hard especially with Pokemon Center Lady)

Unfavorable Matchups:
Damage Spread and Snipe (Trevenant Break, Decideuye sniping Whimsicotts) though it is a slightly favorable matchup against Ninetales
Sylveon (sometimes you just get lucky though, totally winable)
Lycanroc (having only played against the Raichu one once that matchup isn't bad, but duo Lycanroc is a problem for Gardevoir usually)
Primal Groudon (focus sash too good, but just refrain from playing a stadium)
Greninja (as it only gives up 1 prize and can take out a M Gardevoir in 1 turn, less unfavorable in expanded though)
And most importantly decks that just setup faster. Whatever they are if they can pump out damage it's not too easy and not too hard to fall behind with this deck. Things that 1 shot your Xerneas can be a problem as it's 130 HP is so heavily relied upon. Not currently a problem as 130 and 150 are very hard to hit in current meta.

Questions or playstyles on any matchups I can help there too. Keep in mind only Whimsicott is rotating in September. Good Luck!

Thanks very much for your input on this. Really helps me on how this thing works for certain matchups. You're right, I'm always having problems with decks that setup faster like passimian/mew. I think I'm going to try and tinker with what you got and I'll let you know as well

Thanks very much for your input on this. Really helps me on how this thing works for certain matchups. You're right, I'm always having problems with decks that setup faster like passimian/mew. I think I'm going to try and tinker with what you got and I'll let you know as well

Tell me what you end up running and how it treats you. I will playtest the new Diance and Gardevoir GX when they come out for sure, but I think it'll be weaker overall.

Well, apparently this last few days most of them are speedy decks hahaha. So I'm having a hard time setting up this one. And there are sometimes where it should be a winnable matchup, but the deck is kinda clunky so I tried to edit it a bit but still no luck. I'll try this on expanded and see if its much better there

Back