• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Gardevoir/Xerneas in Standard no Tapu Lele

TCG_Destory

Darkness player
Being a player who still lacks Tapu Lele-GX in his collection, I have to get somewhat creative with my deck builds to attempt getting around the consistency issues that creates. So far, the most efficient way I found for making a deck somewhat consistent without Tapu Lele-GX is to play a lot of deck thinners, that being cards that get Pokémon and Energy cards out to make it easier to draw Supporters and other Items afterwards. This deck has four different cards with deck-thinning potential, with two getting Energy cards out and the other two getting Pokémon out. It also has the advantage of playing zero setup Pokémon (and zero Abilities as a matter of fact), making the Bench a less limited resource. I have been doing moderately well with it on PTCGO so far and will take it to a tournament this evening. So, here is the list I have so far:

Pokémon - 14

4 Gardevoir-EX STS
3 M Gardevoir-EX PCL
4 Xerneas XY
3 Xerneas BREAK STS

Trainer - 33

4 Fairy Garden
3 Guzma
4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
4 Max Elixir
4 Nest Ball
2 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball

Energy - 13

13 Fairy Energy

This is one of two decks I use on PTCGO at the moment on the Standard ladder. I know it has lost some luster due to Mega Turbo, Trainers' Mail and Shaymin-EX having rotated out but I still have a feeling that self-sufficient Energy scaling decks such as this one have potential in a slowed down Standard format. What are your thoughts on this deck and on my list? What would you change? I personally need some more testing before I start changing things but will still take any suggestions. I'll see how it does this evening in a somewhat competitive tournament.

(Side note: hoping I don't run into 3 VikaBulu decks.)

Being a player who still lacks Tapu Lele-GX in his collection, I have to get somewhat creative with my deck builds to attempt getting around the consistency issues that creates. So far, the most efficient way I found for making a deck somewhat consistent without Tapu Lele-GX is to play a lot of deck thinners, that being cards that get Pokémon and Energy cards out to make it easier to draw Supporters and other Items afterwards. This deck has four different cards with deck-thinning potential, with two getting Energy cards out and the other two getting Pokémon out. It also has the advantage of playing zero setup Pokémon (and zero Abilities as a matter of fact), making the Bench a less limited resource. I have been doing moderately well with it on PTCGO so far and will take it to a tournament this evening. So, here is the list I have so far:

Pokémon - 14

4 Gardevoir-EX STS
3 M Gardevoir-EX PCL
4 Xerneas XY
3 Xerneas BREAK STS

Trainer - 33

4 Fairy Garden
3 Guzma
4 N
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Gardevoir Spirit Link
4 Max Elixir
4 Nest Ball
2 Super Rod
4 Ultra Ball

Energy - 13

13 Fairy Energy

This is one of two decks I use on PTCGO at the moment on the Standard ladder. I know it has lost some luster due to Mega Turbo, Trainers' Mail and Shaymin-EX having rotated out but I still have a feeling that self-sufficient Energy scaling decks such as this one have potential in a slowed down Standard format. What are your thoughts on this deck and on my list? What would you change? I personally need some more testing before I start changing things but will still take any suggestions. I'll see how it does this evening in a somewhat competitive tournament.

(Side note: hoping I don't run into 3 VikaBulu decks.)
First, what's wrong with the VikaBulu matchup?

Second, Nest Ball is unnecessary im this deck completely, let alone a playset. I would recommend running a couple of Acerola in its place, as well as a copy of the Steam Siege Mega Gardy to make Espeon Garb a walkover. And maybe another Energy.

But apart from that, the deck looks pretty good sans Lele. I am actually not sure what other advice I can give! Good luck with this deck and your tourney!

Back