Mega Garchomp-EX and Mega Salamence-EX Premium Collections in November!

That non-mega Salamence may have potential against Mega Ray with its first attack.

Last edited:
Why does mega garchomp have the same attack as the normal garchomp? Two attack mega confirmed?

No but jokes aside, the salamence mega sounds fun with reshiram from ros and max elixir. Throwing some energy switch and some ninja boy, and you have a turn 2 consistent 180!!!

Also, Mega Garchomp's attacks are currently the same as the regular one :p

Why does mega garchomp have the same attack as the normal garchomp? Two attack mega confirmed?

Yeah, I slipped up copying translations from old stories over to the new story, but I have it fixed now, so feel free to refresh the article to see the proper attack translation. :)

I figured this is how we'd get these two. But hey at least we're getting these two. We still have handful of megas we're still not sure how we're getting, like M. Latias and M. Pinsir...and for CrystalPidgeot's sake I'll also mention M. Pidgeot.

Pure, unfounded speculation, but we'll likely see an English release of Karen in Evolutions, if we see her at all.
We have to see her because then Japan would be able to use it in tournaments and we couldn't, creating unfair advantage. That said, IMO I think her card would look cool as a retro supporter.

We have to see her because then Japan would be able to use it in tournaments and we couldn't, creating unfair advantage. That said, IMO I think her card would look cool as a retro supporter.

When Japanese players play in International tournaments (such as Worlds) they're beholden to the same card restrictions that the rest of the world is. As such, there is no extra advantage if a card is printed in Japanese but not internationally. If Karen is never reprinted, then Japanese players would only be able to use the card in Japanese tournaments.

Pure, unfounded speculation, but we'll likely see an English release of Karen in Evolutions, if we see her at all.
There's also a chance we might have her in the battle decks later this year. They have printed promos in those before.

I do like these Mega Lines but we've had so many of these premium collections this year. I do want a few sets of the Garchomp but I have the feeling these will also be the ones with the Play mats as well with what time they're coming out on and cost more. I already want to get a set of three Mega Beedrill. I kinda hope they slow it down a bit next year everyone's wallets are screaming.

Mega Garchomp doesn't look that bad...it dies hard to Mewtwo and Gardevoir but with Clawitzer you can power him up pretty quickly, and it wouldn't be too tricky to stream attackers with Puzzle of Time and Special Charge. 180 isn't the absolute best damage but it's pretty decent.

Does the flavour text mean that Garchomp does 10 damage to itself for each damage counter currently on itself?

Because the Mega Box has 8 boosters, this reminds me of BREAK Through having it's super early release.
Are Garchomps and Salamences are still XY Promos? and we'll get the same hype as M-Blaziken and Swampert box?
I guess the boosters are BREAKPoint, Fates Collide, Steam Siege, and Evolutions.

Real question is do I pay 100 dollars for the boxes to get the promos and pull 16 non holo rares and a bunch of extra stuff I don't really want.

Or do I buy the promos online for about 25 dollars each...

Not going to lie, I'm still pretty frustrated that pinsir, medicham, banette, abomasnow, pigeot, sableye, sharpedo, camerupt, latias, and lopunny haven't gotten a mega print, and blastoise, venasaur, and charizard are getting a third print. Makes me think SuMo won't have megas and they're saving those to print in SuMo era.

These cards are just sad :(
First of all, nothing is weak to Dragon type anymore in XY era.
Such mediocre, high energy cost attacks, too.

I wanted an EX version of the RoS Salamence, but no. The dream is over :p
And yes I've seen the Japanese prints of these cards online before, can't help but rant though :p

Back