Mega Diancie-EX Premium Collection + Primal Clash Collector's Pin Blister Pack [11/3]

First, yay!

Actually I'm glad that's how they're going to release Diancie EX, though it sucks that we're going to have to wait until January to get it. It's actually a little less than the M. Metagross set, as there are only six packs instead of eight and no mouse pad thing.

Odd to see three pack blisters without promo cards. I wonder if that will change as time goes on or if we'll be seeing only the third (iirc there was one prior to XY with the starter pins and the flashfire ones with the M.Charizards /M. Lucario pins) three pack blister without a promo.

Yeah, no surprise about Gallade EX.

You know, I think based on the M. Metagross EX collection and the M. Diancie Ex collection, that sooner or later we're going to get information about a M. Absol EX collection, as Japan already got these in some form.

Just to be clear, the Mega Metagross collection box or whatever is coming out this November, right?

As far as I know, the M. Metagross EX collection comes out in or around November 19th...give or take a week in some cases.

It's the M. Diancie EX collection that is in January.

I hope in primal clash, we get a Wailord EX, so it can retain it's highest HP title from the other EX/Mega pokemon.

That would mean Wailord EX would have to have...what, at least 230 HP, with maybe about 20 more to be safe.

Actually I doubt that will happen, at least in Primal Clash. Barring any 'unique' situations like Lucario EX in Furious Fists having the originally Japanese promo Hawlucha EX being added or the Hyper Metal Chain with Aegislash EX and Dialga EX being added into our Phantom Forces set, we've never had more than one type of EX in a set in the XY generation. Since Primal Clash already has a water type in Kyogre EX (not to mention Primal Kyogre EX which is no different from in any other previous Megas) it's not too likely we'll see another water type. Maybe next set...or maybe I'm wrong about this. Only time will tell.

Pikachu6319 said:
That would mean Wailord EX would have to have...what, at least 230 HP, with maybe about 20 more to be safe.

Actually I doubt that will happen, at least in Primal Clash. Barring any 'unique' situations like Lucario EX in Furious Fists having the originally Japanese promo Hawlucha EX being added or the Hyper Metal Chain with Aegislash EX and Dialga EX being added into our Phantom Forces set, we've never had more than one type of EX in a set. Since Primal Clash already has a water type in Kyogre EX (not to mention Primal Kyogre EX which is no different from in any other previous Megas) it's not too likely we'll see another water type. Maybe next set...or maybe I'm wrong about this. Only time will tell.

We have had 2 of one type EXs in a regular set before, virizion and genesect. dialga and palkia, white kyurem and black kyurem, and the 2 charizards so the wailord is a possibility but i would prefer a snorlax or flygon EX

Pikachu6319 said:

Actually I doubt that will happen, at least in Primal Clash. Barring any 'unique' situations like Lucario EX in Furious Fists having the originally Japanese promo Hawlucha EX being added or the Hyper Metal Chain with Aegislash EX and Dialga EX being added into our Phantom Forces set, we've never had more than one type of EX in a set in the XY generation. Since Primal Clash already has a water type in Kyogre EX (not to mention Primal Kyogre EX which is no different from in any other previous Megas) it's not too likely we'll see another water type. Maybe next set...or maybe I'm wrong about this. Only time will tell.

I thought this set will have 12 EX including the ones that go on to become Mega or Primal pokemon. That's more than enough to cover all the type of cards currently available. So some types will have more than one EX, and I think one of these will be water type. I also think this set will have special water energy.

Do we have the translations for the Diancie EX and M EX yet. Or the Translations for the Metocross EX and M EX

I had to edit that, I meant since the inception of XY, which is as of right now four sets. You're right the BW sets did do that though, twice with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem technically. The two Charizards do not count as the Combustion Wing Charizard and M. Charizard Y was originally in a Japanese theme deck and was not part of Japan's flashfire set like the Stoke Charizard and M. Charizard X was, no different from Lucario EX/Hawlucha EX situation. Of course there could be a first time for this tcg series.

I'd actually like to see a Flygon EX myself.

Pikachu6319 said:
I had to edit that, I meant since the inception of XY, which is as of right now four sets. You're right the BW sets did do that though, twice with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem technically. The two Charizards do not count as the Combustion Wing Charizard and M. Charizard Y was originally in a Japanese theme deck and was not part of Japan's flashfire set like the Stoke Charizard and M. Charizard X was, no different from Lucario EX/Hawlucha EX situation. Of course there could be a first time for this tcg series.

I'd actually like to see a Flygon EX myself.

Id already forgotten about that japanese theme deck but thnx for reminding me

Ironman131 said:
Do we have the translations for the Diancie EX and M EX yet. Or the Translations for the Metocross EX and M EX
Read the news story dude. And please use proper spelling and grammar.

Maybe, a Zangoose-EX and Seviper-EX can make it into Primal Clash. I don't like them very much, but I think it would be nice to see those 2 be represented in the TCG again, and Colorless EX. Why not?

Yeah, I could kind of see that. In some ways I wouldn't necessarily want that but I could see it happening. I mean, we already have Emolga EX and Skarmory EX after all, to name a couple after all. I don't even have the latter after all this time.

Skarmory-EX, while not that playable, was by no means a bad choice. He's a Pokemon that I honestly feel deserves a Mega Evolution.

I found from some resources what the Ability for the new Crawdaunt is, thanks to a higher-res scan. The Ability reads: "When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon.". Not sure how great that is, but it could definitely be an interesting tech card with things like Gliscor/Machamp or even Seismitoad/Yveltal/Hammers that doesn't use Garbodor.

That's an interesting ability if it's true.

Sometimes I think that's the problem. They make cards that aren't that playable. That's okay when you're talking common and uncommon Pokemon. It's another matter entirely when they're supposed to be EX or rare. They should be as good playwise as they may be to look at. One thing I do miss with the old EX Pokemon that so far haven't transitioned to these EX Pokemon are poke power/ability. Sometimes those are as important as the attacks themselves.

I doubt Absol would be an ex in Primal Clash since it has a mega evolution. I hope there's at least 1 Gen 1 Ex, either Ninetales or Vileplume.

Oh, I have no doubt that Abosl EX (and M. Absol) won't be in Primal Clash. I expect this to be the next premium collection box actually,

Pikachu6319 said:
Oh, I have no doubt that Abosl EX (and M. Absol) won't be in Primal Clash. I expect this to be the next premium collection box actually,

probably in about March time. I personally like these. By doing it this way, they aren't putting collectors at risk with the possibility of their Booster Boxes having only Absol-EX's and Diancie-EX's.

Back