Mega Blastoise - Does He Show Any Potential in the Current Meta?

cookie1117

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone!! I'm pretty new to the TCG scene and this is my first post. So I wanted it to be on my favourite evolution line from the originals and that's blastoise.

this is just a general thread to get people in the community talking.

What I'm generally trying to learn from this thread....is what is the best approach with mega blastoise??

My favourite idea is a rough seas, Pokémon centre lady, and super potion list as any 220hp mega recovering 30hp a turn is annoying enough, let alone the potential 150 it could recover. But another way to potentially utilise blastoise is with hammers as his 30 snipe to two benched Pokémon seems pretty substantial, so Lysander a heavy retreat cost out and discard energy. Maybe even tech a evolutions rattata for the float stones.

Any ideas guys?? Do you think blastoise can be a rogue deck in the current meta?

Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Competitive Play as the Deck Garage if for posting your completed, 60-card decklists. ~bbninjas

Hi I have deck that runs Blastoise EX and Mega Blastoise Ex. The mega I run though is the one from generations with mega launcher. If you want to know what my deck list is here it is:

Pokemon-12
x2 Mega Blastoise (Gen)
x2 Blatoise EX (Evo/Promo 122)
x2 Palkia EX (BKT)
x2 Keldeo EX (BC)
x1 Manaphy EX (BKP)
x2 Regice (AO)
x1 Mr Mime (Gen)

Stadiums-3
x3 Rough Seas

Items-20
x4 Trainer Mail
x4 Dive Ball
x4 Ultraball
x2 Blastoise Spirit Link
x4 VS Seeker
x2 Energy Pouch

Supporters-13
x4 Sycamore
x2 Fisherman
x1 Brocks Grit
x4 Skyla
x2 N

Energy-12
x2 Splash Energy
x10 Water Energy

Total Deck 60 Cards

That is the Deck list.
The Idea is to get Blastoise out by Turn 3 stacked and ready to go. Palkia will stack him fast. Manaphy gives him mobility. Keldeo allows him to not stay paralyzed or asleep. Regice to stall EX's. Mr mime to protect your bench. Another way to run this is to run Archies ace in the Hole with the Deluge blastoise instead of Palkia Ex which is quite poular. BTW I know you mentioned adding healing to the deck, but really Rough Seas is good enough, but mix and match your idea with mine and see what ya get.

thanks for the response.

I like the deck list however it's more expanded and I'm looking at standard but Mr mime is a great concept.

what would you say to blastoise and hammers?? as I find the evolutions blastoise and his spread damage is what really makes the deck. also with a high lysandre and a few rattata etched in you could pin a few opponents in.

With the amount of utility that Water has right now between Manaphy, Palkia and Delta Plus Articuno, M. Blastoise is actually a pretty solid card.

Good match-up against Volcanion and Non-EX Rainbow Road, but it's going to struggle - a lot - against Scizor variants if they're playing Magearna EX.

If you want to play it, there was another thread recommending Delta+ Articuno as a sweeper, considering you're doing 120 + 30 to 2 on Bench.
A variant I ran into on PTCGO was a lot of acceleration with Max Elixer and healing with Rough Seas.

manaphy and palkia were originally in my thoughts. while I have play tested with palkia I have found him to be a liability late game as an easy two prizes.

I have one articuno which I may place in the deck.

I may try max elixir and puzzle of time with a high energy count to see how that goes.

the question is who do I use for draw support. shaymin or octillery??

ha!
manaphy and palkia were originally in my thoughts. while I have play tested with palkia I have found him to be a liability late game as an easy two prizes.

I have one articuno which I may place in the deck.

I may try max elixir and puzzle of time with a high energy count to see how that goes.

the question is who do I use for draw support. shaymin or octillery??
shaymins if you have once of course xD but as for me i am using octillery in my build since i dont have shay

I've been prepping one for league that's been doing great online. Surprisingly my variant does rather well against giratina but crumbles to quickly set up Rainbow road/M rayquaza decks. It has a major focus on healing/energy accel/switching. Here's my list.

Pokemon-10
Hoopa-1
Shaymin-1
Blastoise EX-4
M Blastoise EX-3
Manaphy EX-1

Trainers-40
Blastoise Spirit Link-3
Ultra Ball-4
Max Elixir-4
Mega Turbo-3
Super Potion-2
Super rod-1
Escape rope-2
VS Seeker-4
Rough Seas-3 (Playtesting a 2-1 split with Rough seas and parallel city)
Olympia-1
Pokemon Center Lady-1
Hex Maniac-1
Pokemon Ranger-1
Lysandre-2
N-4
Prof. Sycamore-4

Energy-10
Basic Water-10

In the ideal set up you start with a basic Blastoise+ ultra ball for the hoopa-> shaymin set up.
4 max elixirs combined with 4 switching cards (a supporter, ability & item to make sure we're okay in garbodor/vileplume situations)
This allows us to most of the time be ready to attack on turn 2 if we went first, or if we're extra lucky, sometimes you can get all 3 energies ready to go on our T1 if we went second.

We take out 1 spirit link from most builds I've seen bc Giratina is a threat and most games you'll want at least one available non evolved blastoise for the rapid spin.

Parallel city is something I've been testing and I love it so far. It helps us in glaceon/jolteon matchups by negating our own bench damage when they use OUR rough seas, as well as the utility of being able to reduce our own bench if they try to snipe hoopa/shaymin, hurt our opponent's water/fire/grass matchup, or hurting that M ray/Rainbow road bench and buy us some extra time to set up.

id say teching Regice is a must xD, i went to a small tournament in my city and i was agaisnt a M Sceptile deck, with M blastoise alone you can do nothing! (since weakness)
he just switch back and fully heal, i beated him by only using regice (he didnt have pokemon ranger)

Back