RMT Mega Beedrill Team

Oops, kinda disappeared for a little over a month. Sorry about that XD

Anyway, I'll definitely be going with Scarf Lando, and switching Knock Off to Stealth Rocks on the Bisharp.

I'll be doing a team revamp video on my YouTube channel at some point, so look forward to that. Battles will also be included! :D

Keep Knock Off but get rid of Pursuit. With Pursuit gone you might want to use Life Orb instead of Blackglasses.

Cinesra said:
Keep Knock Off but get rid of Pursuit. With Pursuit gone you might want to use Life Orb instead of Blackglasses.
Agreed with this. Knock Off is far more important on Bisharp and is the better move overall (Pursuit only covers three common targets nowadays: Lati@s and Gengar). Also, due to the lack of Pursuit trapping now, a Life Orb is better than BlackGlasses because you don't have a need to keep all of Bisharp's health for tanking Draco Meteors and such - the power output is a good trade-off.

In addition, you should go Jolly on Bisharp for things like Altaria, Gyarados and Landorus-T. Each one can do a number to you with the right set (well, Landorus-T is just a pain in general).

Actually, forgot to edit it, but I've been using a focus sash over Blackglasses.

So should i change from focus sash to life orb?
I'll give Jolly a try.

good thing i haven't recorded my team revamp video yet XD had a few trial recordings, but interruptions for the win, huh? XD

Original post has been updated with the most recent changes, as well as a link to try the team out!

If anyone could help me edit the descriptions of the pokemon to give more details on what bisharp, latios and scarf lando deals with, it would be appreciated. I'll be looking at the original post when i do my team revamp video for YouTube, so having as much useful information as possible would be nice. Thanks!

Also, nicknames. That would be cool too. Single-word nicknames, preferably, and maybe make a cool reference or something? Like Beedrill's nickname "Spiral", for example, references "Spiral Power" from Gurren Lagann, because lets be honest, it's Drill Run will definitely pierce the heavens, right? ;D

What are the pros and cons for Adamant vs Jolly Bisharp? Just curious on if I should switch back to Adamant or keep Jolly.

Mainly, Jolly Bisharp outspeed non Timid Mega Altaria which allows it to OHKO it with Iron Head. But also defensive Landorus-T and Rotom-W which are very common.

Well you have Focus Sash so you can make it Adamant for more power. But if you are using Bisharp as a lead you are going to face a lot of DefensiveLandorus-T and Rotom-W.
And Adamant nature usually depends on Stealth Rock damage so if it is your lead Jolly is better IMO.

Alright, thanks for your input.

Does everything else on my team look fine? Almost looking at wanting to get rid of HP Fire on Latios because in my experience with the team, Magnezone usually does the job. And when it doesn't, I tend to not need to use Mega Beedrill much anyway.

For them few times I have an unevolved Beedrill out, what pokemon should I NOT protect against? Like, what pokemon will generally predict the protect and set up on it? Been having a few issues with this. Usually can pull through, but not always.

You can put Roost on Latios instead of HP Fire. This gives you more speed to tie with other base 110 speed mons.

The team looks fine except the fact that you don't have any set up sweepers. This can really affect your team against defensive teams as well as balanced. Your team members like to switch a lot so they are very weak to hazards. I was thinking maybe to try Choice Scarf Latios+ Double Dance Landorus-T. :

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/ Stone Edge

DD Landorus-T can work as a great set up sweeper against both offensive and defensive teams- Sword Dance can be used against defensive teams while Rock Polish can be used against offensive teams. DD Landorus usually needs its checks and counters to be weakened which is just what this Volt-Turn team is all about! ( CS Landorus-T was part of this Volt-Turn but there are so many on your team ( Mega Beedrill, Rotom-W and Magnezone) That he would not be missed imo.
CS Latios is a great set that also lets you work well against both offensive and defensive teams as Choice Scarf lets you outrun the fastest threats in the metagame such as Mega Manectric and Mega Beedrill while Trick works great against defensive Pokemon like Clefable as well for set up sweepers.

About the other question, this is one of Mega Beedrill's weaknesses ( Number one weakness is priority, second is Stealth Rock ). The fact that you need to use Protect hinders Mega Beedrill's viability and that something you just need to be aware about. Being aware about your Pokemon's weaknesses helps you making better choices during the battle.

Back