• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Altaria EX (consistency issues).

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Hi, all.

I would really appreciate your feedback regarding this deck. I have play tested numerous times, and the main issue I have faced is consistency issues. I have put baby Alolan Nintales in list because of the Metagross GX matchup (also, its ability is quite useful in general). I am unsure as to whether the issue lies with the Pokemon, trainers, or energy. On the occasion's that the sweet lord gifted me the ability to set up, I felt the damage output and the general premise of the deck played out pretty well. At least, well enough to not want to abandon the deck there and then.

The deck is based on a simple idea. Dish out a rather decent amount of damage, while simultaneously healing frustrating amounts of damage with M Altaria's attack, Fairy Drop, Pokemon Center Lady, and so on.

The list...

Pokemon: 13

3 Altaria EX ( Fates Collide)
3 M Altaria EX (Fates Collide
2 Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising)
2 Alolan Ninetales
1 Alolan Ninetales GX
2 Tapu Lele

Trainers: 35

3 Professor Sycamore
2 Professor Kukui
2 Shauna
1 N
3 Guzma
1 Skyla
2 Pokemon Center Lady
2 Acerola
4 Fairy Drop
3 Altaria Spirit Link
3 Choice Band
3 Ultra Ball
2 Field Blower
2 Rescue Stretcher
2 Fairy Garden

Energy:

4 Fairy Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

I do not think my current Ninetales line is necessary. Perhaps a 1-1 would be better? Ideally, I'd love a few more Leles, but my budget wouldn't allow this. :( I feel like more Skyla would be useful, and other means to search out Pokemon, like, perhaps Pokemon Fan Club, or Nest Balls. Perhaps additional Energy cards?

I also have a question regarding the interaction between a Rainbow Energy and both Fairy Garden and Fairy drop. Both of the cards do not specifically say "basic energy", so would I be able to use a Rainbow Energy with these cards? I'm very curious as to the ruling on this.

Thanks again, all the best!

Fairy Garden doesn't specify basic Fairy energy, so anything that has a Rainbow energy on it still gets the free retreat.

Back