Contest May's Create-a-Card: Gym Leaders! (Fan Vote Results)

[Stage 1] Wulfric’s Avalugg HP 130 [W]

NO. 713 Iceberg Pokémon HT: 6’07” WT: 1113.3 lbs.

[Ability] Curse

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Status card named Attack Increase, a Status card named Defense Increase, and a Status card named Speed Decrease, reveal them, and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[C][C][C][C] Gyro Ball 10+

Does 10 more damage for each [C] in this Pokémon’s Retreat Cost.

[W][W][C][C] Avalanche 50+

If this Pokémon was damaged by an opponent’s attack during your opponent’s last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: [M]

Resistance:

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel. Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way.

Oh god, I screwed up. This is what I get...
Now to contemplate taking the bullet and editing or seeing if it would pass.

I know that you wanted to put Olympia, but I think is not a big fail. A big fail would be "Wattson's Meowstick" for example.

Yes, Valerie is a Fairy Gym Leader, but... Meowstick can be a Pokémon of her. It fits better than Erika's Dragonair.

If I were a judge, i wouldn't see a problem. Let's see what they say the judges :).

[Stage 1] Wulfric’s Avalugg HP 130 [W]

NO. 713 Iceberg Pokémon HT: 6’07” WT: 1113.3 lbs.

[Ability] Curse

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for a Status card named Attack Increase, a Status card named Defense Increase, and a Status card named Speed Decrease, reveal them, and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[C][C][C][C] Gyro Ball 10+

Does 10 more damage for each [C] in this Pokémon’s Retreat Cost.

[W][W][C][C] Avalanche 50+

If this Pokémon was damaged by an opponent’s attack during your opponent’s last turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: [M]

Resistance:

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

Its ice-covered body is as hard as steel. Its cumbersome frame crushes anything that stands in its way.

The Status cards mentioned in the Ability would be a new type of card and a new mechanic. Status cards would be cards that could only be attached to Pokémon (both your and your opponent's) as the result of an attack, Ability, Trainer, etc. All Status cards attached to any Benched Pokémon in play would be discarded. Status cards are meant mimic stat changes in the video game. Examples of the Status cards from the Ability are below, and they are not my actual submission.

[Status] Attack Increase

You may have as many of this card in your deck as you like.

The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Discard all Status cards attached to any Benched Pokémon.

[Status] Defense Increase

Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by an opponent’s attack is reduced by 10 if the Attacking Pokémon has any basic Energy cards attached to it (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[Status] Speed Decrease

The Retreat Cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is [C] more.

The Status cards mentioned in the Ability would be a new type of card and a new mechanic. Status cards would be cards that could only be attached to Pokémon (both your and your opponent's) as the result of an attack, Ability, Trainer, etc. Status cards could usually not be attached directly from your hand to a Pokémon, and you could play as many Status cards in your deck as you like. All Status cards attached to any Benched Pokémon in play would be discarded. Status cards are meant mimic stat changes in the video game. Examples of the Status cards from the Ability are below, and they are not my actual submission.

[Status] Attack Increase

The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[Status] Defense Increase

Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by an opponent’s attack is reduced by 10 if the Attacking Pokémon has any basic Energy cards attached to it (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[Status] Speed Decrease

The Retreat Cost of the Pokémon this card is attached to is [C] more.

22nd entry in a row said:
[Stage 1] Falkner's Noivern HP 110 [C]
Evolves from Falkner's Noibat
noivern.gif

[Ability] Power of Wind
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy attached to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[C][C] Break Orbit 50
You may discard a Special Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, your opponent can't attach any energy to any of your opponent's Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

//Gym Leader's Pokémon//
It has an advanced sense of hearing. It uses echolocation to find prey as it has poor vision.

A little question. Can I make a new thread of my Fake Cards including the card I submitted to this contest?

A little question. Can I make a new thread of my Fake Cards including the card I submitted to this contest?

Yes, you are definitely welcome to! :) Making threads for your own fakes is a great way to get separate feedback aside from the judge's.

Hello,

Long time TCG player & Pokebeach reader, but just made an account for the first time today. Please sign me up for the image contest!

And with xaej806's entry, our image-based spots are full, wow! It's so exciting to see such an amazing turnout, you guys. :) I've asked our judge to see if he would be willing to extend our image-based spots up to 20 as well, so stay tuned.

Image-based spots have now increased to 20! That's 5 more spots for aspiring image fakers, so sign-up if you're interested. :)

Okay, it's about time I submit my entry.... (Since there aren't any Gym Leader cards in XY wording, I used Team Maga/Aqua for reference when possible.)

References:
Conkeldurr XY (The Ability)
Starmie PRC (The Attack)
Gallade-EX RSK (Also for attack)
Magma/Aqua cards (Pokemon wording, leader sizing on top of card, and use of Pokedex info)

Stage 1 / Janine's Ariados / HP90 / [G]
167.gif
Evolves from Janine's Spinarak

168.gif
117.gif

NO. 168 / Long Leg Pokémon / HT: 3' 07" / WT: 73.9 lbs.

Ability Disease Suction
Once during your turn (before your attack), if your opponent's Active Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, you may heal 30 damage from 1 of your Janine's Pokémon. Then, remove all Special Conditions from your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[G] [C] Prized Poison 30+
If you and your opponent have the same number of remaining Prize cards, this attack does 30 more damage and your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness - [R] x 2

Resistance -
Retreat - [C] [C]

Ariados can make use of their compact size to pull a fast trick on an opponent without them noticing!
S2_Leader_Janine.png

Oh, paunch. Why did it turn that color? I don't even know why it didn't color in the other text like the [C] symbol, the damage for the attack, and the [R] symbol. Well, there goes my perfect score.

Last edited:
Sorry to see you go, but thanks for letting us know quickly so that I can open up another space for any potential text fakers who couldn't sign-up before. :)

i just wanted to put it out there that i illustrated Bugsy myself, and drew the badge too, you wont find it anywhere else :D

You don't have to post your card here in spoiler tags, but I did answer your question about spoiler tags that you posted in the "Simple Questions" thread. :)

Back