Ruling Max number of Unowns, etc

apophys

This sentence is false.
I remember waaay back when the Unowns were limited to 4 a deck, regardless of letter (all Unowns counted as one pokemon). Now I see an article with 5 Unowns in the decklist (4 R, 1 Q). Has the ruling changed?

I shall extend the question to the various Rotoms, Deoxys, and Castform, as well as pokemon (delta).

Also, Shiftry DP vs benched Machamp lvX. Using Shiftry's power, how does Machamp get devolved? What does it become?

For the Unowns, they are named "Unown A", "Unown B", etc. Since they do not share the same name, you can use 4 of each in a deck.
The Rotoms do not share the same name either, being called "Fan Rotom", "Frost Rotom", etc.
δ is not a part of the name, so you can't use 4 δ Pikachu and 4 normal Pikachu.

Thats not right.
Deoxys you can have 4 attack forme, and 4 defense forme or whatever.
Castform follows the same trend.

Deoxys and Castform(and Burmy and Wormadam and Gastrodon and Shellos) have little writing next to their name. This counts as being part of the name. Any 2 cards with NOT THE SAME name can be included up to 4 each.
BUT! Mothim can evolve from any burmy, because it says "Burmy," not "Burmy leaf cloak" or something like that. Since 'Burmy' is in 'Burmy leaf cloak", it still works.

Considering all three people above missed the last line of your post... Whenever a Lv. X is devolved, it goes to the next lowest stage of evolution. So if you devolve the Machamp X, it would become a Machoke if it was not evolved via Rare Candy. If it was evolved using Rare Candy it would become a Machop.

Yah i agree with Kronar ( btw Marowak is cool!)

If a card tells u to devolve the highest possible level, it indicates the evolution before the LV.X. SO when u remove the highest possible level ( for e.g, a Machamp from a Machamp LV.X), then u automatically have to remove the LV.X card, as it no longer acquires the requiremnts to be in play.

So, I can have up to 4 Unowns of each kind in a deck, rather than 4 Unowns total?

When did it change? Because when Neo sets came out, you were limited to 4 Unowns total per deck.

Since they started adding text next to the Unown in DP. In Neo/UF, it was just Unown, whether it be A or Z. DP, however, has "Unown *insert picture of Unown A* [A]". There is a distinct difference.

Back