Ruling Mawile and Crystal Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
If I use Mawile CG to mining a Crystal Shard and attach it to Mawile itself, must I discard it afterward?

Ice Pokemon Master said:
If Crystal Shard says it can't be attached to a Basic Pokemon, then discard it...
Crystal Shard can attached to any Pokemon. What I meant was:
Crystal Shard said:
As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, that Pokemon's type is [c]. If that Pokemon attacks, discard this card at the end of the turn.
So, shall I discard it?

Ok, I might be wrong about this, so please forgive me if i'm wrong about this... :)
IMO, you only discard Crystal Shard next turn because you only attach the PT to Mawile AFTER he attacked, so the effect of the PT is not effective yet until the next turn...

The tool searching is an effect of an attack. First the attack does damage, then you do everything else required to finish the attack (unless it states otherwise, like "Discard an energy card or this attack does nothing"). The attack stage is over once you do the last thing that is required. You get the tool, attack ends in the same instant. So it stays on Mawile till the next time it attacks.

Bingo. Try looking in the Compendium, there is usually a ruling that is similar to what you're asking.

== HOARD (Farfetch'd - EX:Fire Red / Leaf Green)

Q. Say you have FR/LG Farfetch'd out and use "Hoard", then attach a Crystal Shard to it. Does the Shard get discarded since it attacked, or does the Shard stay since he just attacked and the Shard got attached AFTER the attack?
A. Crystal Shard would stay. It wasn't there for the trigger of the Pokémon starting the attack and doesn't look back in time for a triggering. (July 21, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back