Matt's Faking Competition - And the winner is...

RE: Matt's Faking Competition - The Final Round

Starmie ex-water-110 HP

PokePower: Psycic Boost
As long as starmie ex has 1 or less [p] energys attached to it, Starmie ex's attacks do 20 more damage.

PokeBody: Clear Body
Starmie ex can't be affected by special conditions.

[w][w][c] Rapid Spin 40
Remove one damage counter from Starmie ex.

WK:E/RS:-/RC:[c][c]

Dusclops Ex - 110 HP - Psychic
Stage 1
Evolves from Duskull

Poké-Power: Curse
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Dusclops Ex is your active Pokémon, you may put 3 damage counters on Dusclops Ex. Put one "Curse Marker" on one of your opponent's Pokémon. A Pokémon with a "Curse Marker" gets 2 damage counters between each turn put on it. This power can't be used if Dusclops Ex is affected by a special condition.

Poké-Body: Extra Curse
When your pokemon attacks a Pokemon-Ex, put 3 damage counters on that Pokémon-Ex after the attack.

[P][P][C][C] Shadow Impact
Does 20 damage for each damage counter on Dusclops Ex.

Weakness: [D]
Resistance: [F] -30
Retreat Cost: [C][C]

Dugtiro Ex {F} - 110Hp
Stage 1
Evolves From Diglett

Poke-Power: Extra Quake
Whenever any of your Dugtrio Ex attacks,this Poke-Power does 10 damage to all Benched Pokemon.(Your's and your Oppenent's)(Don't apply weakness and resistance for Benched Pokemon)(Can even be used when in bench)

Poke-Body: Burrow Down
As long as Dugtrio Ex is on your bench,prevent all damage done to Dugtrio Ex.

{F}{F}{C} Mega Earthquake 60
This attack does 10 Damage to all your opponent's Benched Pokemon

Weakness : {G}
Resistance: {L} -30
Retreat Cost :{C}{C}

Everyone's got some good-looking fakes so far. Once the last two people make their posts, everyone's scores will be posted and the winner shall emerge.

Magneton EX HP 110 {M}

Poke-Body: Magnetic Pull
Whenever Magneton EX is damaged by an attack you may search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it to one of your Pokemon.

Poke-Power: Triple Bolt
Once during your turn, (before you attack) you may flip 3 coins. If all of them are heads, put 7 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. If all are tails, put 4 damage counters on Magneton EX. If any other combination is rolled, put 2 damage counters on all Pokemon in play (including Magneton EX).

{M}{C}{C} Steel Pulse 50
Discard an Energy card attached to the Defending Pokemon (after applying damage).

Weakness: (F)(R)
Resistance: (G) -30
Retreat Cost: (C)(C)

Just one more person...

A date limit? There is. It says in the first post that the round ends on January 3rd. Andyman's been pretty good about making his entry, so I'm not too worried... but I'd still hate to see him with a 0, so I'll send him a PM to remind him.

Soory I'm so late. Sadly I think all the last stage Lighting ex's are all used up by Pokemon TCG

Ampharos ex 110 HP [L]
Stage 2 Evolves From Flaaffy

[/color]
When ever Ampharos ex is damaged by one of your opponents attack, flip a coin. If heads, thed= Defending Pokemon takes 20 damage.

Luminous Bulb
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a [L] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Luminous Bulb Poké-Power each turn. This power can't be used if Ampharos-ex is affected by a Special Condition.

[L][L][C] Hyper Static 100
Discard two cards from your hand. During your next turn, Ampharos-ex can't use Hyper Static.

Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: [None]
Retreat Cost: [C]

This post is on the 2nd page,so i'll just put this reply so it will go to the 1st. :D

That's bumping, and it isn't allowed. Please don't do it anymore. This thread will be live until 1-19-07, and I assure you I will have scores posted long before then, but I've encountered a problem I should have seen coming, but didn't.

I'll let you all know exactly what that is after I finish.

Since this is the final round, I'll be posting exactly how many points I take off for each infraction, just for your understanding. Get ready for some harsh judging...

Crazy Weavile
Following Directions: 10/10
HP: 10/10
Type: 10/10
Size: 10/10
Body: 49/50 Poké-Bodies come first. (-1) That's the only thing wrong!
Bottom Stats: 9/10 The Retreat Cost is a little high. (-1)
Total Score: 98/100

ShinyMarshtomp
Body: 45/50 The body is a little broken. As it's worded, Dark Aura stacks, so if you swarm Houndoom ex, you can add +40 to anything, even if no real [D] Energy are attached, and if you promote Houndoom ex as Active, and stick two Dark on him, you're shooting off a solid 90 plus auto-confuse every turn. (-5) The power is fine since it affects you too. Attack looks good.
Bottom Stats: 9/10 It's too easy to get him back to the Bench, where he really shines. (-1)
Total Score: 94/100

Flygon
Body: 44/50 Counter Burn is worded wrong; it can be copied verbatim from Sandstorm Growlithe (-2). In the power, the phrase (before your attack) is missing. (-1) It should be worded like Crystal Guardians Tauros, but with a little editing: "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Stadium card in play." Stadium is not capitalized (it should be). (-1) The end of the power is also worded wrong; check any EX series card with a Poké-Power that isn't coming-into -play or Baby Evolution for how it should be. (-1) The attack is too strong. It's too easy to nail them for 80. (-1)
Bottom Stats: 10/10
Total Score: 94/100

abaxter94
Body: 45/50 Poké-Bodies come first. (-1) Psychic is spelled wrong. (-1) "Energys" isn't a word, drop the s. (-1) The body can be copied directly from FRLG Raticate. (-1) "Special Conditions" should be capitalized. (-1) The attack looks good.
Bottom Stats: 5/10 In the TCG, Electric-types have Lightning-type cards, so it should be L to abbreviate, not E. While I'm not taking points away because you used a different one than normally, I'm doing it because you didn't tell me about it. (-5)
Total Score: 90/100

Scipio
Body: 35/50 Poké-Bodies come first. (-1) "Pokémon" should at least be capitalized, I really don't care about the é. (-1) The way Extra Curse is worded makes it stack, and therefore is broken, even though it targets Pokémon-ex. (-3) It is worded wrong as well; it should be "Whenever your Pokémon attack any Pokémon-ex, put 3 damage counters on that Pokémon-ex after the attack." (-2) Curse is also worded incorrectly. While there's no power that does what Curse does, you can piece it together using wording from existing cards. Therefore, Curse should look like this: "Once during your turn (before your attack) if Dusclops ex is your Active Pokémon, you may put 3 damage counters on Dusclops ex and put a Curse marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Put 2 damage counters on any Pokémon that has any Curse markers on it between turns. This power can't be used if Dusclops ex is affected by a Special Condition." (-5) "Active" is not capitalized. (-1) "ex" is never capitalized. (-1) "Special Condition" is not capitalized. (-1) I like the attack, but Dusclops ex is so suicidal you may not get much use out of it. (The attack is worded correctly).
Total Score: 85/100

XKurama93X
Body: 36/50 Poké-Bodies come first. (-1) Burrow Down's wording can be copied verbatim from Dragon Whiscash. (-1) Extra Quake is a body, not a power. You could probably turn it into one by inventing the wording for it... It would be something along the lines of, "Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this power. Whenever any of your Dugtrio ex attacks, that attack does 10 damage to each player's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon. This power can't be used if Dugtrio ex is affected by a Special Condition." (-5) Mega Earthquake is only broken because of Extra Quake. If you have four Dugtrio ex in play and nothing else, you will pay FFC to do 60 damage to the defending, 50 damage to their entire Bench, and 0 damage to each of your own Dugtrio ex because Burrow Down stops Mega Earthquake's damage. (-7)
Total Score: 86/100

Master of the six kings
Body: 43/50 "ex" is never capitalized. (-1) "Basic", when referring to Energy, is never capitalized. (-1) You mixed up the comma's location in the power (it should go after (before your attack). (-2) It should also say "If all of them are tails" (-1) and while many of us roll dice in place of coin flipping, rolling dice doesn't exist in the TCG. (-1) Since odds are you will not flip 3 heads or 3 tails, the power isn't really worth using unless you feel like raping yourself. I also think you should equalize the damage counters between Magneton ex and the opponent's Pokémon, otherwise the drawback isn't enough of a drawback. You missed the "You can't use this power..." sentence. (-1) The attack is fine, but you don't need the incorrectly-worded "after applying damage" in there. (reference)
Bottom Stats: 9/10 Magneton ex isn't really that fantastic... doesn't need 2 Weaknesses. (-1)
Total Score: 92/100

Andyman
Type: 6/10 110 HP on a Stage 2 Pokémon-ex? No thanks. (-4) By the way, there is no real Magneton ex, Lanturn ex, Plusle ex, or Minun ex.
Body: 45/50 Your color codes are a bit screwy. (-0 lolz) The body is worded wrong, it should be "Whenever Ampharos ex is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if Ampharos ex is Knocked Out), flip a coin. If heads, Ampharos ex attacks the Defending Pokémon for 20 damage. (Don't apply(note: or Apply if you want) Weakness or Resistance.)" (-2) Luminous Bulb doesn't need to be restricted to once a turn. If you want them all on your Active so bad, throw them to the Bench and play Switch. Ampharos ex isn't hyphenated. (-1) Hyper Static doesn't really need the discarding, two for 100 every other turn is okay, especially since he has no other attacks to use and only has a 50% chance of retaliating for 20. It actually makes the attack worse. (-2)
Total Score: 95/100

The final standings for most of you are in the first post, along with a note... good luck, guys. Sorry I didn't anticipate this.

RE: Matt's Faking Competition - Correcting a Mistake

Alright...

Cacturne
Grass, 70 HP
Stage 1- evolves from Cacnea

Poke-Body: Dual Armor: As long as Cacturne has any (D) Energy attached to it, Cacturne is both (G) and (D) type.

(G)(C) Stunning Spikes 20
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralysed.

(G)(C)(C) Double Cross 40x
Flip two coins. This attack does 40 damage times the number of heads. If both of them are tails, the Defending Pokemon is now Confused and Poisoned.

Weakness: (R)
Resistance: (P)-30
Retreat Cost: (C)

(The edit fixed a typo, BTW.)

Butterfree 90HP {G}
Stage 2
Evolves From Metapod

Poke-Power : Miracle Dust
Once during your turn(before you attack),You may use this Power to remove 1 Special Condition and 2 damage counter from your active Pokemon(including Butterfree).

{G}{C} Mix Dust 10
Flip 2 Coin.If both are heads,the Defending Pokemon is Poisoned.Put 2 damage counter instead of 1 on the Defendng Pokemon.If 1 is heads,the Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.If Both are tails,the Defending Pokemon is Paralyzed.

{G}{G}{C} Power Spore 30
Does 10 Damage to all your Opponent's Pokemon.Remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokemon.

Weakness : {L}
Resistance: {F} -30
Retreat Cost :

XKurama93X, this round is only for ShinyMarshtomp and Crazy Weavile because they are tied for first place.

Tropius - 70HP - [G]

Poké-power: Sweet Scent
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 of your opponent´s Benched Pokémon and switch it with your opponent´s Active Pokémon. This power can´t be used if Tropius is affected by a Special Condition.

[G] Toxic Sleep
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned and Asleep.

[G][C] Mystic Blow 20
If the Defending Pokémon has a Special Energy card attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused. If the Defending Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it, the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness - [R] Resistance-30 - [F] Retreat Cost - [C]

Sorry for not posting earlier... I moved from an apartment to a house and had no internet there until now...

If you'd rather not see both scores at once, I'll give you some scrolling down room. CW is graded first.

Crazy Weavile
I don't care what your edits are for, you are allowed to edit your entry as long as you like as long as I haven't graded it. :)
Body: 46/50 The word 'cards' is missing from Dual Armor. While your wording is technically correct (Unseen Forces Slowbro has this wording), Crystal Guardians Medicham is the most recent card that has Dual Armor, and so wording should be taken from this card rather than Slowbro (or any other card you used). It's correct, just outdated. (-1) Stunning Spikes is underpowered. You could either drop the [C] Energy or increase the damage to 30. (-1) "Paralyzed" is spelled as such. (-1) Double Cross is a little overpowered. The cost is identical to Skyridge Crobat, the only card that has this kind of attack. Crobat is Stage 2, however, and therefore has the right to pay cheaper costs. I believe Cacturne should at least have to pay another [G] Energy to use the attack. (-1)
Total Score: 96/100

Final score is in the first post.

ShinyMarshtomp
I've decided to grant you this extension since this is the tiebreaker round and I can understand real life issues.
Body: 47/50 The P in Power should be capitalized. (-1) Sweet Scent can be copied verbatim from Pokémon Reversal, with the standard 'once during your turn' phrase in front. (-1) In Toxic Sleep: When naming multiple Special Conditions, they are named alphabetically. Notice how it's always been, "Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed"? Check rulebooks for defining Special Conditions, they're always defined as Asleep, Burned, Confused, Paralyzed, and Poisoned. (-1) Second attack looks okay.
Total Score: 97/100

Final score is in the first post.

Yay, the great winner!!! Thanks PMJ for a contest that actually ended and for that awesome prize!!! lol
And congratulations to everyone who participated!!!
Looking forward to another contest, PMJ!!!
WINNER!!!! :D

Back