'Matchless Fighter' Revealed as March's Japanese Set!

If Mad Party becomes more prevalent, what may happen post rotation, this Spiritomb can be included in any deck since the attack cost is colorless.

glimwood tangle dugtrio anyone?
Nope. Too risky. Even if you flip 2, you may reflip to 0.
  • Spiritomb - Same old story to Sensu Oricorio when it was legal. Use to counter Night March, but now Mad Party. Techable card, even a good tech to Etern decks. Etc. Etc. Like what I comment on a YouTube video, any deck that uses Twin Energy doesn't see so much play like majority of Top 32, etc. Unless Mad Party seems relevant, this card is bland after all. 4
  • Dugtrio - I won't recommend Glimwood here since its all of Nothing stuff, even if you flip 2 heads, reflipping it may lead to 1 or 0 heads. It's payable by RSE though. 3

Nice, a tech to a deck that wasn't even that good to begin with. So glad the tcg does so much effort to make one-prize decks playable.

The art on the dugtrio looks really strange, the head sticking forward looks way too long, I like the rest of the art though.

Nice, a tech to a deck that wasn't even that good to begin with. So glad the tcg does so much effort to make one-prize decks playable.

? NM and MP are both very well established shares of the metagame, at least in Expanded. This card is a simple, effective counter to both, with some utility vs Mewtwo/Mew decks as well.

I don't understand. How could it not be Kingler V/VMAX? It seems like one of the most likely possibilities, since slots 11 & 12 are both open. Garbodor V/VMAX is also pretty likely, with 53/54 open. I could also see Hatterene, but I lean toward either Kingler or Garbodor. I don't see Sandaconda fitting, as there's only one slot open after Galarian Runerigus.

Ah you're right, it could go before Delibird, hope is alive!

Could Sandaconda not go in 38 - 40? Seems most of the fighting types this set are Galar.
We just got two fighting VMAX's in the last set tho, not that that would stop them but I'd hope they would switch it up a bit.

well the spiritoomb is interesting in expanded against night march or mad party
the dugtrio is just them spitting in our faces

Ah you're right, it could go before Delibird, hope is alive!

Could Sandaconda not go in 38 - 40? Seems most of the fighting types this set are Galar.
We just got two fighting VMAX's in the last set tho, not that that would stop them but I'd hope they would switch it up a bit.

It couldn't as that would put it out of order. Galarian Yamask is in slot 41, and is National Pokédex #562. Sandaconda is #844, which would mean it could only go *after* Galarian Runerigus and there's only one spot open after it before Kubfu. If there were a Sandaconda VMAX, it'd be without the V, which seems very unlikely.

? NM and MP are both very well established shares of the metagame, at least in Expanded. This card is a simple, effective counter to both, with some utility vs Mewtwo/Mew decks as well.
I'm not that involved in the expanded meta but last time I played, MP and NM weren't good enough for people to run Karen as a tech.

In standard this spiritomb doesn't make a lot of sense imo.

Back