BW/BW2 Masuda Method Problems.

RotomRules64

I'm actually a... MAGIC MAAAAAAAAAAN!!
I have been trying to hatch a shiny Tepig with the Masuda Method for months now. I think I might be doing something wrong. I am using my Ditto with a Japanese Tepig I got on the GTS. My friend thinks it isn't Japanese because I don't have a Japanese entry for Tepig in the Pokedex (I liked it up, and in White, which I am using, it only shows Japanese entries for Gen 1 through 4 Pokemon. I have been soft resetting eggs for a long time, I must have SRed over 600 by now... Am I doing something wrong?

You don't get Japanese entries in B/W for Japanese Pokemon. I'm pretty sure the only time you could collect foreign dex entries was Gen IV, and that was restricted to certain Pokemon. A native Ditto with a Japanese Tepig will work.
However, the Masuda Method still only gives you a 1/1366 of hatching a Shiny, and even with the Shiny Charm, it's still only 1/1024. Some people just get obnoxiously lucky and hatch a Shiny fairly quickly.

A question though; when you say you're soft-resetting, are you doing so before or after receiving the egg? Because once you receive it, everything about what will hatch from it is set in stone.

After a box or two got full, I got this system: I saved in front of the daycare man, got three eggs, then hatched them. Since none of them were shiny, I soft reseted, so I ended up in front of the daycare man with no eggs in my inventory.

Wellll, then you're making sure you get new eggs each time, at least. All I can say is that it still takes time; I've tried to get a Masuda shiny plenty of times since the method was discovered and I've never gotten one. Cross all your fingers harder I suppose d:

I have never successfully hatched a Shiny with the Masuda Method. I'd say that as long as you aren't changing the game clock then you should get one soon. This is why I turned to RNG Abuse.

If this is BW2 you're hatching eggs on, RNG abuse won't work. GF broke the coding (discovered after the JP release, but wasn't fixed in the localized releases) so egg RNG seeds don't match anything the developers of RNG Reporter/PPRNG can decypher. Yo'll need BW1 to RNG eggs (which has less timer 0s anyway). 'Normal' breeding is unaffected in BW2 (the shiny chance isn't altered) since you're not concerned with hitting a specific frame/seed/etc.

Here's the short version: RNG abuse is a process of predicting the circumstances for when your ideal pokemon will be generated and proceeding to make it happen without external alteration of the game or save. This allows for stuff like shiny pokemon with flawless IVs and the ideal nature for what it will be used for on the team.

After hatching eggs all day, I noticed something. Most of the Tepigs have the "Thouroughly Cunning" characteristic, which is what the male Japanese Tepig I am using has. Will this affect anything?

Back