• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Masters: Tyram

The only problem with Entei is that his attack takes 3 energy to charge up and he doesn't discard any at all. In the meantime, anything with Eels has the faster set up. It would probably work well enough with Ninetales I suppose...but without any energy acceleration on Entei it takes him 3 turns to finally set up. Maybe with Emboar it would work though..

Typholsion is the better play in this deck. Sure I have considered adding Entei EX when he comes out in a couple months, but the cons outweigh the pros having to use three energy to get fire energy back onto my Reshirams is just asking for too much.

its all on preference if you think Entei is a better play then....play it but iam sticking with reshi and my boy typh

idea: what if i were to add dual ball to the deck? In theory getting multiple vulpix and cyndaquils would be crucial to the way the meta has shifted. By playing DB and Collector would guarantee that these pokemon get to the field early on so my set up is solid. Sure, Dual Ball is flippy, but it is better than having to pick three pokemon(i.e. two cyndaquils and one vulpix) only to have them catchered away on my opponents turn. What do you guys think?

I think collector may be enough. It isn't really necessary to run both IMO. If you want you could add around 2 poke gear to raise the chances that you get a collector or drawing supporter.

iam considering both ideas actually. The pokegear was my first initial idea, and it seems to be the more consistent option. Sadly though I only have one pokegear in my entire collection atm, but dual ball was something I just came up with

When I played TyRam the only time I was successful with it was when I had 2 Dual Ball. I ran 4 Collector and 2 Dual Ball and that was just perfect. Dual Ball was great when I didn't have a Collector and it is J-Armable so you can play it again. So I say yes to Dual Ball if you can find the room to put it in. Like you said, it is flippy but there's a 50% chance that you get at least 1 pokemon and having 1 pokemon that might change the game is far better than having none.

Never actually tried P-gear in TyRam but I've been meaning to..(don't have any either :p)

surprisingly they are hard to find, obviously with most places selling on BW-on sets, and online they are actually pretty pricy for a TSS card

You're talking about P-gear right? Yeah...my brother had 1 but he's not sharing xP

You know what my brother just brought to mind though that might work in Tyram? Espeon DE (Dark Explorers; don't know if it will come out in English yet...) It's ability protects the effects of all attacks done to any of your pokemon with energy on them. So, hypothetically, you could be invincible if you get 1 energy attached to all of your pokemon. I've been trying to figure out a way to work it into TyRam because really, no damage sounds nice. The thing is though, you'd have to make tough decisions. Like probably drop Ninetales or something like that :p

Then again, not sure if "effects" includes damage so you might wanna check that out first =PP

That sounds way to broken to be true; I think what it means is no special effects.

It doesn't include the base damage, but just the effects that come along with it in the attack I think. So for example
Cobalion's second attack would not prevent your active Pokemon from attacking the next turn. Though it wouldn't prevent for example magnezone's attack. At least that's what I heard so if I'm wrong correct me. :)

Although, would it effect Lost Burn? Because the actual part that does damage is the effect. On the other hand, the attack has out beside it "50x", so maybe not...

^I'm pretty sure that it wouldnt magnezone's lost burn attack because the 50x part is the base damage I think, not a effect.

Jirachi said:
It doesn't include the base damage, but just the effects that come along with it in the attack I think. So for example
Cobalion's second attack would not prevent your active Pokemon from attacking the next turn. Though it wouldn't prevent for example magnezone's attack. At least that's what I heard so if I'm wrong correct me. :)

Yeah...that's what I figured :p
Too good to be actually true I guess lol...

Looks pretty good! But I actually probably would have left in Reshi EX.

Mewtwo you don't really need to run since Reshi discards energy and you can do a 2 for 1 prize exchange. I suppose you can do that with just about any EX provided you get the Typhlosions out and running. I still would like at least one EX and probably Reshi but that's just preference. If this list is working for you then I wouldn't change it. :)

Back