• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Masters: Gyarados for Battle Roads

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
Really wouldn't post this here, but I feel I might aswell. I really only would post my deck under the Team Typhoon forums, but I kind of want to see what others would say I guess.

4-3 Gyarados
4 Sableye
2 Crobat G
2-1 Uxie X
1-1 Blissey Prime
1 Regice
1 Combee
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf

4 Collector
4 Pokemon Revearals
4 SSU
4 Pokemon Rescue
3 Poke Turn
3 Bebe's
3 Volkner's
3 BTS
2 Expert Belt
1 Warp Point
1 Luxury Ball

4 Cyclone
2 Warp

The strategy is pretty simple get Magikarps in the discard pile and hit hard with one Gyarados. By the way I sold all my Luxrays so don't bother suggesting it...

Why Blissey Prime? Isn't Blissey from Platinum better?

Also, would be ideal to try and add in a 4th Volkners and a 3rd BTS, to improve the deck consistency.

I might add in another BTS, but no Blissey Prime is better. Full fresh heal is better.

Blissey Prime isn't needed, take out him for a 1-1 Donphan Prime line. It isn't the max, but against Luxray it may be useful. And add an Unown Q for retreat your Sableye.
- 1-1 Blissey
+ 1-1 Donphan
- 2 Cyclone
+ 2 Fight
- 1 Cyclone
+ 1 Unown Q
- 1 Cyclone
+ 1 Warp Energy

I played Gyarados for all the BR Spring and I never used a Cyclone Energy. A big number of Warp Energy is better.

Why would Donphan be good for this deck? That is bad, because you can't even search for the energy. I might add in an Unown Q, but I think it really is not needed.

No really not running Cyclones is bad because of Vilplume. I do want to add in another BTS, but to not know what to take out for that one card.

Keep the Blissey Prime. Those things work wonders. :]

Anywho, I don't really find a consistent way to get your Magikarps in the Discard Pile. I see a single Regice, and the Volkner's Philosophy. That's it.

-1 Volkner's Philosophy
-1 Uxie LV.X (the goal is to get Gyarados out, and you'll have such a bulky hand you really don't need it.)
-4 Pokemon Reversal
+1 Regice LA
+1 Broken Time-Space
+4 PokeDex Handy910is/+1 Expert Belt +2 Copycat +1 Unown Q.

You seem to be worried about Vileplume, and I understand that. You won't be able to play Pokemon Reversal if you're Trainer-locked anyways, so that's out of the picture. All you can do is to get Gyarados out and just sweep with an Expert Belt attached...if you can at least get it out early. Nonetheless, with the extra Regice LA, you can discard four cards in a single turn, pitching three Magikarp you don't need as well as a Sableye SF...I'm sure you won't need that. The BTS, well...duh. I don't need that.

I really like PokeDex Handy910is, because you can use multiple in a single turn. However, you may fear the Spiritomb, so I suggested adding an extra Expert Belt for consistency as well as two Copycat, because you're guaranteed a big hand when you're going up against a Trainer-lock deck. The Unown Q gives your Sableye a free Retreat Cost.

I hope I helped, and good luck!

Do you guy think I need 4 Poke Turns in here? I mean, I can take one out if I should.

- 1 Cyclone
+ 1 Warp

Against LuxChomp or decks that use Reversals you need to switch fast your Regice.

has anyone thought about....
pokemon collector
professor oaks new theory

[color=006633]Please include reasons why you think they would be great cards.~de[/color]

@EspeonRox
Why Pokedex?
@Pokeman
Somehow fit in a 1-1-1 line of UndauntedPlume.
Maybe
-1 Rescue
-1 Bebe's
-1 Cyclone Energy
+1-1-1 UndauntedPlume

Why in the world would I run it with Vileplume??? This deck loses to Vileplume most of the time.

-1 pokemon collector
+1 volkner's philosiphy

i am running gyarados for brs to but i dont think you need 12 basics
and with velicity gone,you need all the discard you can get.

The only thing with Sablelock I am going to need all the Collectors I can get.

Updated list again.

instead of reversals i would put good rod that way you can setup another gyarados quicker. put in call instead of cyclone cuz of donk decks. u need four bts three it will be harder to pull. instead of three poketurn and 2 crobat try registeel and 4 special dark and i think switch would be better than warp point. maybe 3 uxie also.

Back