News Massive 'Premium Trainer's XY Collection' Releasing in November!

Having this all confirmed makes me grateful I didn't decide to drop a huge amount of money on the old Full-Art N's.

The price of the cards really depends on how much players are willing to pay for it, and how many collections are printed/the rarity of the collection.

From my experience, the Salamence collection became rather hard to find at my local stores; I ended up buying one online...
Salamence-EX is currently selling around the $10 mark (NM).

If I remember right, it sold for quite a bit more when it was seeing play.
But, that card is hardly used now... unlike N, which is in pretty much every single deck.
You also need multiple copies of it, and I think people would rather buy one collection, and 2-3 singles of N.
This makes it a much easier card to sell.

Personally, I'd probably pay around $20 for it.

Yeah, that is true. Salamence-EX was as high as 50 I believe but I don't think they would short print this product, given how well it would sell. I'd personally pay 15-20 bucks for each of them but I'd love it if they would be would be around the ten dollar mark but demand is a thing, as you said. I'm just worried about the price of the Hyper Rare Ho-Oh-GX.

I don't think the N from the collection will be more than 20 bucks simply because they will flood the market. I expect them to be about 10 bucks as the most expensive card from the box. As a matter of fact, I think Team Flare Grunt and Karen will be more expensive since those cards are already hard to get.
Im really gonna disagree with this. Look at what happened with Mew-EX, people thought it would be playable and it started with a very high price tag upon release. It didnt drop as supply for product usually isnt that great. When a box like this is at Walmart with a 80$ price tag, most people wont be willing to throw that kind of money for a box that doesnt:

1. Contain any nostalgic cards like the Mew/Mewtwo box did.
2. Have a huge amount of packs.

I know this sounds stupid, but hear me out. The Mew box had all kinds of nostalgic stuff and had a ton of packs, so most casuals thought it was a decent buy. This box doesnt have any of that. It only has two packs! This box is definitely more geared toward collectors and us competitive players. If someone that had no idea about pokemon card prices would see 14 cards that they think would only cost like 5$ and less. We know that isnt the case. We know the box is way worth its price. This will force the market to price off of people that know the value of N, and people that know its playability, and force a high starting price. Look what happened to SM Ultra Ball. It had an old print, and people based its price off of that to give it a high starting price. The only issue here is that SM base will be in print for a while. This box wont. We saw this exact thing with the Mew/Mewtwo Collection. It only lasted like a month or two before I stopped seeing it in store and saw the price from the secondary market spike for the product and its contents. These are cards that arent that playable and Mew is going for 15-20$. N is a 4 of in almost every deck now, and starting September it will start to be a guaranteed 4 of. N is gonna start at near N full art NVI prices. It will fall and then rise again. I promise you this.

$80 with only 2 packs!? You probably wouldn't even get a holo! And with only 2 textured FAs, this makes this the worst box ever made in my opinion.

"Each collection will come with the 14 full art promo cards, including Shaymin-EX, Yveltal-EX, Aegislash-EX, Jirachi, and N. This means it will likely contain all the unreleased full art promo cards from Japan’s The Best of XY as well as the unreleased Japanese full art promo Jirachi."

I think you're misunderstanding what's in this box... 14 FA Promos is def worth 80 IMO, especially considering the old N FA is worth around 95 by itself.

Im really gonna disagree with this. Look at what happened with Mew-EX, people thought it would be playable and it started with a very high price tag upon release. It didnt drop as supply for product usually isnt that great. When a box like this is at Walmart with a 80$ price tag, most people wont be willing to throw that kind of money for a box that doesnt:

1. Contain any nostalgic cards like the Mew/Mewtwo box did.
2. Have a huge amount of packs.

I know this sounds stupid, but hear me out. The Mew box had all kinds of nostalgic stuff and had a ton of packs, so most casuals thought it was a decent buy. This box doesnt have any of that. It only has two packs! This box is definitely more geared toward collectors and us competitive players. If someone that had no idea about pokemon card prices would see 14 cards that they think would only cost like 5$ and less. We know that isnt the case. We know the box is way worth its price. This will force the market to price off of people that know the value of N, and people that know its playability, and force a high starting price. Look what happened to SM Ultra Ball. It had an old print, and people based its price off of that to give it a high starting price. The only issue here is that SM base will be in print for a while. This box wont. We saw this exact thing with the Mew/Mewtwo Collection. It only lasted like a month or two before I stopped seeing it in store and saw the price from the secondary market spike for the product and its contents. These are cards that arent that playable and Mew is going for 15-20$. N is a 4 of in almost every deck now, and starting September it will start to be a guaranteed 4 of. N is gonna start at near N full art NVI prices. It will fall and then rise again. I promise you this.

I understand what you are saying but Mew had been rotated from the format at that time and when it was reprinted, those older cards went up because there wasn't any new supply of them and all existing copies of it were at least ultra rare. N has had like five or six different printing with only one copy being ultra rare. You don't need a full art N to play the game where as if you want to play Mew-EX, you needed to find at least a ultra rare normal art of it. The Mew/Mewtwo collection was also the first time they made such a product and more than likely under printed them, not expecting much of it to happen. They know the demand of this product is going to be huge, given the cards in it are selling it alone based on the 14 full art cards in it. The Mew and Mewtwo collection was also sold in one store I believe too.

I'm not debating that the full art N promo is going to be worth money but I think anyone looking to buy them hoping they go up to 50+ dollars is mistaken. Retailers looking to buy the set for selling the singles off will realize selling them as a whole is the best way to go about it because I'd much rather buy the box set over spending 50 bucks for a promo.

Well, this isn't quite how I expected to get it, but I'm not gonna complain. Definitely want these promos. A third Shaymin wouldn't hurt to have for Expanded. Excited to get some of these full arts for sure, especially the Jirachi, Hex, Karen, and N

Can't wait to spend $150+ for this in Australia. It literally won't be worth it.

I mean you can order a ETB from the US and shipping would have to be over $30 for it to not be worth just buying it in stores here, even taking currency conversion into account

Do you hear what I heeeaaarrrrrr????

My wallet crying for dear life as I buy Samus Returns, a Switch, a ton of Pokemon Products, and now.... more stuff to buy double and pray I get my money back in the future.

what is the 5th and 10th card?

5th is Aegislash-EX from Phantom Forces.
woHIfiW.png

10th is Delinquent from BREAKpoint.
uFzjVxY.png

Chances that the full arts in this box will be textured are very high as you only receive two packs and with an 80$ price tag the pokemon company will ensure we spend what is appropriate for such a box

If the cards were not textured I feel like the Pokémon company would give more packs or more extra goodies not just two packs a box coin double deck box and sleeves
Ps I know the jirachi is most likely not going to be textured as it's similar to the 20th anniversary one

Back