Mass Effect 3: Singleplayer and Multiplayer Discussion

Spammy

8^)
2hs9ith.jpg

Greetings, Earth-clan!

This thread is for the discussion of all things Mass Effect 3.

Whether you want to share the journey of your Commander Shepard in singleplayer or argue the best build for a certain class in multiplayer, this is the place to do so!

If you do play the ME3 multiplayer, please share your XBOX Live Gamertag/EA Origins Username/PSN Callsign so your fellow PokeBeachers can play with you! You can include your Skype name too if you want.

If you can, please share the best time to reach you for a game (include your timezone).

While you're at it, tell us what your preferred class is in the singleplayer campaign and in the multiplayer.

You are free to discuss nearly anything you like, however, if you do discuss the singleplayer story, please make sure you use spoiler tags so your don't ruin it for other players that haven't reached that point in the campaign. However, if someone requires assistance with a part of the game don't hesitate to help (remember of course to use spoiler tags or send the help via PM). In addition to that, remember that this is not the place to discuss your opinion on the ending of the game.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here is my information, feel free to get in touch with me if you want to chat/play:

XBOX Live Gamertag: Schpammy

Best time: On weekdays 4:00PM - 11:00PM; on weekends 10:00AM - 12:00AM

Preferred race: Salarian

Preferred class (SP): I'm an infiltrator through and through. Every Shep I've ever made has been an infiltrator, nothing else feels right.

Preferred class (MP): If I had the Salarian Infiltrator it would be that lol. For now it is either the Salarian Engineer, Male Human Vanguard, or Krogan Battlemaster (which is a Vanguard). The new Volus Engineer is pretty fun to use, too.

Hit me up!

Good to see that you created an entire thread about ME3 after we played a few games. Probably because I was SO good at it.

Sadly, I don't think this thread will get the discussion it deserves. There's hardly a soul on PB that owns a PS3/360, and even with the upcoming release on the Wii U, these types of games generally aren't popular on this forum. Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game (one of the best I've ever played), and the fact that they continue to provide free Multiplayer Updates and DLC just shows that Bioware wants to make up for the mistakes they've made with the franchise and EA.

But, if by a miracle that someone else besides Spammy or Delta want to play a game or two, my GT is DaftHER0 and my PSN is FrostDragonX. I look forward to playing sometime!

also if your favorite class is anything other than the vanguard, it's bad and you should feel bad

ShadowLugia said:
if your favorite class is anything other than the vanguard, it's bad and you should feel bad

Win! Bahaha! XD Vanguard is boss. Right behind the Salarian infiltrator, the CEO of butt-kickery. <3

If we three chums (You, Delta, and I) work up enough conversation maybe we'll generate some interest?

Idk lol

ShadowLugia said:
Good to see that you created an entire thread about ME3 after we played a few games. Probably because I was SO good at it.

Sadly, I don't think this thread will get the discussion it deserves. There's hardly a soul on PokéBeach that owns a PS3/360, and even with the upcoming release on the Wii U, these types of games generally aren't popular on this forum. Mass Effect 3 is an excellent game (one of the best I've ever played), and the fact that they continue to provide free Multiplayer Updates and DLC just shows that Bioware wants to make up for the mistakes they've made with the franchise and EA.

But, if by a miracle that someone else besides Spammy or Delta want to play a game or two, my GT is DaftHER0 and my PSN is FrostDragonX. I look forward to playing sometime!

also if your favorite class is anything other than the vanguard, it's bad and you should feel bad
Yeah it doesn't seem like a lot of people here would play Mass Effect or anything. (I'm one of those people that don't have a PS3 or XBox, but I have used my brother's PS3 before. He never uses it.) I do like Mass Effect even though I've NEVER played it. Just watched my brother play all the games, mostly Mass Effect 2.

Well, it's good that you at least have an interest in games that aren't made solely by Nintendo. I wonder how the Wii U will affect this franchise, along with so many others that have never seen playtime on a Nintendo system before. It should be very interesting.

And Spammy, I actually managed to solo a Gold with the N7 Vanguard the other day. Don't ask how I did it. All I know is that it was Firebase Glacier, and it was glorious.

Shut up and take my babies.

...Wait... I think I said that incorrectly.

You'll have to show me your ways, wise sensei. o.o

A wise man once said to me:

"Run around the map and Biotic Charge every enemy for about 2 hours. Then, you will have gained the key to true power."

Spammy. Remember that time I saved round 10. On Silver. At the start of the round. Twice. And then on Gold that one time.
I don't usually like to toot my own horn but yeah. I'm awesome.

Also SL. I need to play with you some time. See how good you really are. *Glares*

Yes Delta, we shall soon see who is indeed the best horn tooter.

(add me on ecksbox pls)

I'll add you as soon as I get back home.

To keep it on topic. I used to main the Drell Adept until I found the joy of Human Vanguard. Then I moved to Geth Infiltrator until I got the Phantom N7 class. Now I alternate between that and the Volus Engineer. (Volus is broken. Not even kidding.)

As for single player. Soldier is the only class.

It's true. It's always either Soldier or Vanguard for me, as those seem like the most "heroic" classes. Loved every moment of the campaign, and the terrible endings were fixed, so there's really not one thing I can complain about.

Delta you truly are amazing. XD

You two better teach me your ways. D: I've gotten to the point that I can play the Human Vanguard on Silver. Not that that's amazing, it's just a milestone for me. =D

So do you guys play male Shepard or FemShep in the singleplayer? I've been wanting to make a femshep.

@Jake: no speaking of the endings!

Don't worry, I won't reveal anything without using spoilers.

The first time I played ME3, I just used basic Shepard. Afterwards, I made my sexy silver-haired femshep. ;D

Lol nice. My Shepard always turns out looking the same no matter if I try to make him look different than the last xD. I make a crazy handsome, grizzled, pissed-off looking Shep (who in ME3 constantly had a glitch where his eyes would literally pop out of his head and I think this is because of my brow depth setting but I'm not sure).

We should make a badgrass squad. We could have a cool name! XD

OK, so those games went fairly well. Kill-stealing with Vanguards seemed to be our main problem, haha. We should definitely try a harder difficulty next time, and I'll even try to invite some of my friends (who are way better than me) to play a game or two.

Agreed.

I'm down to play some games this weekend, but since Halo 4 will be released shortly afterwards, I probably won't have time to play for a week or two. :p

So how do you guys feel about the
Geth vs. Quarian
situation in the Singleplayer mode?

My opinion:

SPOILER ALERT
It's kind of strange that ParagonShep would knowingly allow himself to be the cause of genocide, and stranger so that he isn't given the option to diplomatically solve the issue. I don't personally think that ParagonShep would kill off the Quarians just to make the fight against the Reapers easier. In fact, that seems like something RenegadeShep would do. ParagonShep, in my opinion, would either diplomatically solve the issue, or shutdown all Geth. While he does not look at the Geth in the way many others do, he would realize that the Quarians are sentient, living creatures who deserve to live, unlike the Geth who are simply AI. The Quarian Fleet is weaker, yes, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be wiped out.

RenegadeShep saves the Quarians? He would save the Geth and ditch the Quarians! The Geth are more powerful, more useful, the Quarians can suck eggs!

Bioware's logic behind this situation is that the greater good is strengthened by the Geth more than the Quarians, and it just so happens that by saving the Geth you commit genocide and kill all the Quarians (totally Paragon >_>; ). The Renegade is not concerned with the greater good, he only cares about what he wants, and if everything dies, at least he saved the Quarians for a little bit. So basically long term victory vs. short term victory.

Let me refute this logic again.

The main consensus in the galaxy is that organic life is more important than synthetic "life." Thus, faced in a situation like this, I'm sure unless you hated the Quarians you would save them instead of the Geth. The RenegadeShep doesn't care about the galaxy's opinion (or shouldn't, rather) if he can use something to powerful to his advantage, he wants it. ParagonShep on the other hand, would realize that, morally, he is obligated to save the Quarians, even if it meant he wouldn't have the strongest fleet possible.

There are really a lot of ways to look at the situation, I think. These are just my opinions.

My thoughts

As a 100% Paragon player, it was extremely shocking when I discovered that the Paragon choice kills the Quarians instead of the Geth. >_> And what's worse is that you can't make peace between the two unless you helped Legion and Tali in ME2, using that game's save file to impact the outcome. This puts new players in a bad spot if they're shooting for "the best ending", which I always strive to get.

Shepard wiped out the Batarians.
If you ask me that was the paragon option.

I think the game is actually teaching that AI on a Geth level is saying that it is the same as a living thing. So destroying either would, to me, seem to be the renegade option. I suppose that the game is trying to get across the point that saving the Quarians over the Geth are better because the Geth forced them off their world? Although it was later revealed that the Geth were defending themselves, which is where the twist and the moral decision comes in.

At the end of the day they couldn't have two renegade options...
I guess it's yet again one of those decisions that makes your Shepard, yours. First time round I sacrificed the Geth considering Tali was my love interest and I honestly didn't care about right or wrongs, just what I thought I would do. Which you kinda have to do to get the most out of Mass Effect. (Legion holding Shepard up by the neck and Tali admitting he has a soul is probably one of my favorite scenes in a video game.)

It does put new players in a bad spot, but if they started on 3 they deserve to be there.

Back