Masquerain SV

Masquerain is fun, but nothing more. It's good at prereleases, but in normal matches it's bad. It's very funny with PP/Expert Belt/Buck/Cherrim's/Shaymin lv.X Land, etc. but I thinks it's too slow.
If it was a basic, it can be "good". When you get it in start, you can draw cards. But real good decks it's bad.
Furret > Masquerain.

I think this is quite interesting. I might actually build Masquarain. Although it doesn't SOUND good, I think it could swarm decently. I LOVE playing rogues. :p

Regi said:
Masquerain is fun, but nothing more. It's good at prereleases, but in normal matches it's bad. It's very funny with PP/Expert Belt/Buck/Cherrim's/Shaymin lv.X Land, etc. but I thinks it's too slow.
If it was a basic, it can be "good". When you get it in start, you can draw cards. But real good decks it's bad.
Furret > Masquerain.

Can you clarify for me what is a prerelease match? In what does it differ from a normal match? I never heard of a "prerelease match" before.

Yeah, I'm new to this.

FBracht said:
Can you clarify for me what is a prerelease match? In what does it differ from a normal match? I never heard of a "prerelease match" before.

Yeah, I'm new to this.

A prerelease is a tournament in which you get 6 packs and build a deck out of those, no trading. You play a few rounds then if you stay all the way, at the end you get 2 more packs. You play with a 30 card deck and 3 prizes. :p

Zangoose said:
A prerelease is a tournament in which you get 6 packs and build a deck out of those, no trading. You play a few rounds then if you stay all the way, at the end you get 2 more packs. You play with a 40 card deck and 4 prizes. :p

fixed

Zangoose said:
Not around here :p

eehhh??? what kinda bootleg PR's do you guys run...I've even been to different states and have never come across a PR that didn't run 40/4

This sounds interesting. PR matches must be a lot of fun. Everybody making strategies up based in what cards they got. I wish I could get to attend one some day, but I don't expect this kind of event to be held anywhere here in Brazil. :(

It's interesting early-game draw power with an OK attack that might stick around a turn - or maybe three, if you tech in shaymin lv.x land forme and throw an expert belt on it. In that case you've got 140HP and you're doing 50 damage for 1G plus the effect. But why so much effort? And besides, getting it out in the first turn or so will likely require you to play at least 3-3... which is some serious deck clog for such an ephemeral tech position. You wouldn't want to play this in an active spot any later than 3-4 turns into the game anyway. There are better drawing options. That being said, it might be OK in limited play... but without shaymin lv.x I wouldn't use it there either.

Back