• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Marowak Break / Hawlucha / Lucario EX

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Cubone BKT
  • 3 Marowak BKT
  • 3 Marowak Break BKT
  • 2 Hawlucha Furious Fist
  • 3 Lucario-EX Furious First
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Focus sash
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 3 Robo subs
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 judge
  • 2 Korrina
  • 1 Starling megaphone
  • 1 Enhancement hamer
  • 1 Escape rope
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:11
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Slight change made with the deck, added megaphone, hammer,super rod,judge and atleast 1 escape rope , have 1 birch because im always unlucky XD
if you guys get good heads feel free to add 2 lol, judge because alot of people at my local play big hand size deck and that really hurt them

THanks

Last edited:
I did some edit i now have 2 shaymin Ex, but i have 2 free spaces now, should i had some robo subs or any other suggestion?

Hi Creez,

Great deck choice. I feel that Marowak Break is underrated. Consider these modifications:

- 3 Hawlucha Ex (Lucario Ex would be a more convenient attacker that needs much less resources)
- 4 Double Colorless Energy (not needed anymore)
- 1 Skyla (not needed in this deck)
- 1 Muscla Band (three should suffice)
- 2 Evosoda (not that good since it is a little too specific and you need to loose at least 3 prizes until Marowak Break becomes good)
- 1 Escape Rope (one should be sufficient)

+ 3 Lucario Ex (cheaper first attacker)
+ 4 Fighting Energy (basic energy is always good since it is harder to discard)
+ 1 Professor Sycamore (always play four)
+ 1 Trainer's Mail (love consistency)
+ 3 Focus Sash (nice on Marowak Break and sometimes even Lucario Ex and Hawlucha)

You can fill the remaining two slots with one Super Rod and either one AZ, or one Hex Maniac. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I have played alot with this deck on PTcgo, i agree on the muscle band, 3 could be enough, as for the escape rope sometime i really needed 3 (always depend on situation of course) so i will stick with 2 for self purpose. I would really like to put Lucario in it, i agree he does much more dommage and less hard to set up with energy,But the fact is idc if hawlucha dies that's his main purpose to make Marowak stronger, he did make me some win though just with his attack XD mainwhile i was setting up, i know he can get one hited or 2 but it's already 20 dommage or 40 enough for a one hit combo with Marowak, if strong energy muscle band or stadium in,that's enough.I should have explained it more in details in the strat. why remove evosoda? you can korrina for it pretty easily if you need to evolve, but i guess i removed the Octillery line so are right about it since i got too little evolution to do, drawing could be enough i'll try.

I will definitly try the lucario, but i just bought 3 hawlucha-Ex in real life XD

Hey if it's okay with you if I can use this deck for one of my youtube videos? but with Dark Espeons changes.

some change has been made, i have one free space now, suggestion? thinking about Super rod or pokemon center lady :p

really like the deck, little diff to mine but quite similar :) i want another vids tomorrow :D + you made a new subs :D i might switch
some of my card to look like yours i dunno yet , but that was a good match :)

Last edited:
can ya do tournament with it? when i was playing with hawlucha Ex i was able to win some but was hard,
i mean are you able to do competitive game with this one?

Pokemon: 16
  • 3 Cubone BKT
  • 3 Marowak BKT
  • 3 Marowak Break BKT
  • 2 Hawlucha Furious Fist
  • 3 Lucario-EX Furious First
  • 2 Shaymin-EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Focus sash
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 3 Robo subs
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observation
  • 2 judge
  • 2 Korrina
  • 1 Starling megaphone
  • 1 Enhancement hamer
  • 1 Escape rope
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:11
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy

Slight change made with the deck, added megaphone, hammer,super rod,judge and atleast 1 escape rope :), have 1 birch because im always unlucky XD
if you guys get good heads feel free to add 2 lol, judge because alot of people at my local play big hand size deck and that really hurt them :)

THanks tricky for the help :D

Could you please update the deck list in the original post with the changes you've made for the sake of clarity? Thanks!

Hi Creez,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Prof. Birch's Observation (Sycamore is much better here)
- 2 Trainer's Mail (why not use Korrina instead)

+ 1 Professor Sycamore (best draw supporter)
+ 1 Muscle Band (nice three off in [F] decks)
+ 1 Korrina (three work better than two in Break decks)

Hope this provides some assistance.

Back