Ruling many many question

bulet

Aspiring Trainer
hello
1st question:
is there any clue to know whether the pokepower or pokebody of a pokemon can be used twice if there are 2 of it in play .
coz,like pidgeot,even if i have 4 on bench,i can only use its power for once,but like jirachi's if i have 1 active then i use its power,then i use briney to put it back in my hand,while i put the one on the bench to be active and use it again.
is there any clue to know that?
and,im confused bout magcargo's,can i use its power twice(i mean once for each magcargo on bench)?

2nd question:
bout manectric ex,if the opponent's manectric ex has multi and stuff attached to it,and it uses its second att,will it discard the multi or rainbow or maybe holon electrode?
and then,if he used disconnect on my pokemon,and may i use the effect of strange cave to put the kabuto on bench?
(P.S: THE STRANGE CAVE IS ALREADY THERE FROM THE TURN HE USES HIS DISCONECT).

3rd question:
bout holon research tower,if i attach a lightning to gyarados,and i want it to be metal byt HRT's effect,will it provide the effect +10 defense?

that's all
hehe
thanks

1:jirachi, yes, magcargo,yes;but not 2 at the same time to put 2 cards on top of your deck

2:if he has :multi, rainbow and holons magneton attached, you should discard holons magneton and rainbow, not multi since it counts a C when other special energys are attached
your stadium stays in play because you have played it in a prevoius turn, disconnect doesn't say, dicard all trainers or anything, so yes you may use it's effect

3:as long as a stadium with holon in it's name (wheter its ruins, research tower or lake) and gyarados d is in play all of your d pokemon do 10 more damage so yes, and by the way, if you have 2 gyarados in play, you do 20 more damage etc...

hope I helped :)

about the magcargo ,u say that we cant use 2 at the same time to put 2 cards on top of deck,so how can i use the pokepowers of the 2 magcargo then?
and,bout the 3rd question,that is not what i ask...
what i mean is like this:
gyarados first att is 20 damage and needs 1 L and
then holon research tower is in play

about the magcargo ,u say that we cant use 2 at the same time to put 2 cards on top of deck,so how can i use the pokepowers of the 2 magcargo then?
and,bout the 3rd question,that is not what i ask...
what i mean is like this:
gyarados first att is 20 damage and needs 1 L and 1M
then holon research tower is in play,i only have 2 L on gyarados,so i can change 1 energy on it become metal instead of L,right?
so,Metal usually provide the effect of +10 for the defense ,isnt it?
so,if if i change 1 of 2 energy attached to my gyarados become metal,will it provide the same effect as the normal metal?

thanks

Hiya,

For the Magcargo, after you used one of it, and you want to use the second one, you have to shuffle the deck before you put the card on top of the deck.
For the Gyarados,no. In only provides energy, but not the effects. So you don't get the Metal's effect..

Also, don't double post. There's an edit button. Use it.

Hope it helped,
cya,

1. Do determine wheter is the Poke-power/poke-body can be used more than once is based on the cards reading.... "You can't use more than xxxx poke-power/Poke-body in each turn", Therefore you can only used that poke-power/poke-body in each turn...

2.if the energy attached to a pokemon is proviving the enrgy required to discard, & you have to discard it.
Lets say, A manetric ex has a lightning & holon's electrode & uses it's 2nd attack, u have to discard both cards since both of the cards are providing lightning energy to Manetric ex...
The disconnect is only prevent the player plays trainer cards during his/her next turn. It doesn't mean that player have to discard the trainer(non-supporter) which has already been played.

3.No. If your metal energy isn't the REAL metal energy card ( rainbow, multi,etc...) will not bring you any effect to the pokemon.

thanks..
so bout the magcargo,may i do this:
use first magcargo effect's then use holon ruins or supporters or jirachi to get it,then use the second magcargo effect again.
may i use magcargo that way?

^Yes...

1. Read the card. If it has to be active to use the power, then it has to be active. If it says you can only use one _____ Pokepower per turn, then you can only use one Pokepower of that name per turn. The text 'Once during your turn' just means that that Pokemon can't use the power as much as it wants, as opposed to 'As many times as you like during your turn'. If it doesn't mention any restrictions (of course, bar the 'once during your turn (before your attack)' text), then procced accordingly.

2. Like Zwelgbelg said, the Multi becomes [C] because of its effect, but the attack makes you discard ALL [L] energy. Hence any Rainbow-type and pure [L] energy must be discarded.

3. Provides [M]. PROVIDES. Nothing else.

bass_forte:

You're wrong for the energy discarding part....
Let's say you have 2 (L) & a multi attached to manetric ex & you used the 2nd attack, you only have to discard 2 lightning energy sa the multi provide evry type of energy... Therefore, muliti can be any type of energy during the game...

RE:  many many question

Clmnt_86 said:
bass_forte:

You're wrong for the energy discarding part....
Let's say you have 2 (L) & a multi attached to manetric ex & you used the 2nd attack, you only have to discard 2 lightning energy sa the multi provide evry type of energy... Therefore, muliti can be any type of energy during the game...
it's every type at the same time, you can't choose
man, I'm having the hardest time explaining that to my league members, they always want to choose, but there's not choosing, if there would be, it would be on the card
so, everyone, just !read the card!

if it says discard all water, discard rainbow
if it says discard all lightning, discard rainbow
if it says discard all grass, discard rainbow
if it says discard all ground, discard rainbow
if it says discard all psychic, discard rainbow
if it says discard all dark, discard rainbow

get it now?

I'm not wrong, but the Compendium isn't up, so I'll have to wait a few days to shut you down. =P

Rainbow-type energy are ALL types AT THE SAME TIME. You don't choose.

yeah...
rainbow and stuffs provide all so we dont choose it right?
but there is someone whom i played appr with,he says that it is not discarded and i cant used the stadium's effect..

Back