• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mantis/Plume... Help!

leafnotgrass

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all, I put together this Mantis Plume deck and I'd like your help tweaking it. Here's the list:

4x Fomantis
3x Lurantis SM25
3x Lurantis GX
2x Oddish
2x Gloom
2x Vileplume
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Oranguru

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
2x Lysander
1x Pokemon Fan Club
1x Mallow

3x VS Seeker
3x Trainer's mail
4x Ultra Ball
1x Field Blower
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
1x Revitalizer
3x Forest of Giant Plants

10x basic grass energy.

So the deck runs okay and I do understand it's never going to be a tier 1 deck... maybe not even tier 2 but I do feel there is room for minor improvements and would appreciate your help.

As an aside, if you have any thoughts on directions to go with this deck after rotation would love to hear them. Maybe replace the plume line with Bulu's or Galisopods? Something else?

Hi,

I really like this list, but I have just a couple of tweaks that may improve the deck:

• Brigette is better in this deck than Fan Club. The newfound ability to Wonder Tag for Brigette and immediately fill up your bench has been much documented. You can Ultra Ball for Lele and your evolutions, but it will be much better if you can just get two Fomantis and an Oranguru right onto the bench T1.
  • For a deck that is nearly fully Grass, you need multiple Revitalizers. I saw an Expanded Mantis Plume decklist that won a regionals a little while back and it ran 4! I believe that is a bit overkill, but I would go for 2 or 3.
  • You will be wanting a Choice Band on all of your Lurantis-GXs. I would up the Band count to 3.
My changes:

• -1 Pokémon Fan Club
  • -1 N
  • -1 Mallow
  • -1 Grass Energy

• +1 Brigette
  • +2 Revitalizer
  • +1 Choice Band
As for rotation-proofing, this deck will take a huge hit, and not just losing Plume. FoGP, VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail will all be gone, and whilst Guzma will be a semi-substantial Lysandre replacement, it isn't quite the same. Cut out your Plume line, Forests, Seekers, Mails and Lysandres so your deck will look something like this:

• 3x Lurantis-GX
  • 3x Lurantis SM25
  • 4x Fomantis
  • 3x Tapu Bulu-GX
  • 2x Golisopod-GX
  • 2x Wimpod (BUS)
  • 2x Tapu Lele-GX
  • 1x Oranguru

• 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 4x Guzma
  • 3x N
  • 1x Acerola