• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Manectric EX / Zekrom EX

Bumbleblogn

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 4 Manectric EX (starting attacker)
    3 Manectric M EX(supporting attacker)
    3 Zekrom EX(main attacker)
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Battle Compressor (M Manectric set up, discard energy)
    2 Manectric Spirit Link
    2 Tool Retriever (to take spirit link off, and put muscle band on)
    4 Muscle Band
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Evosoda
    3 Flare Head Noisier (attack disruption)

3 Juniper
    3 N
    3 Colress
    4 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Last Resort
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 2 Double Colorless Energy
    9 Lightning Energy

Strategy:

Turn 1: start with Manectric, attach a Lighting Energy and use Manectric's first attack to deal 20 to the active, and 20 to a benched Pokemon. If you went second, attach a Flair Head Noiser to the the Pokemon that your opponent is trying to set up, and if possible, bench a Zekrom EX and another Manectric.

Turn 2: Put yet another Lightning Energy on the active Manectric, fully setting it up. Then play a battle compressor, and discard 2-3 energy to set up for Mega Manectric, to also set up another Zekrom or Manectric.

Turn 3: Keep switching in and out between Zekrom and mega Manectric and end the game by turn 4-8

RE: Manectric EX/Zekrom EX

Hi Bumbleblogn,

Nice deck. Would not run Jirachi Ex since he is an easy prize. Also unsure whether Lysandre's Last Resort works in this deck since you want resources in the discard and most of the time you mainly want to retrieve trainers. Consider to run Vs Seeker instead and maybe Dowsing Maschine over Computer Search to retrieve Pokémon Tool F cards and other valued resources from the discard. Also consider to devote at least one Manetric Ex to Laser Assault. Regarding the secondary attacker I would run 2-2 on Yveltal Ex/Mewtwo Ex and Zekrom Ex. In this particzular deck I tend to favor Mewtwo Ex for an easier resource management. It also diversifies your weakness and Mewtwo Ex even act as a counter to one of the weaknesses in fighting decks. Hope this provides some initial assistance. please let me know what you think about these considerations.

RE: Manectric EX/Zekrom EX

Please include scans / card translations for the cards that have not yet been released.

I would cut 1-1 Manectric just because you are never going to use all of them in a game. I also think you need some non EX Pokemon to force a seventh prize and for something that can get around Safeguard. Zekrom LTR is a decent option that comes to mind right off the bat.

-1 Manectric EX
-1 M Manectric EX
-1 Battle Compressor; Two should be plenty, especially with 4 Skyla. You don't want to discard that much, and there are other ways to get Energy in the discard like Ultra Ball and Juniper.

+1 Zekrom LTR
+2 Switch; You have no way to switch your Active Pokemon, and Zekrom has a Retreat Cost of three.

Back