Manchester Battle Roads Report UK

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
Woo first Tourney of the new season.I get there bright and early and register.Im playing Fluffychomp(Ill provide a deck list later). Luckily i got an extra Garchomp there to get me a play set of em.So we have a miniature 10 Seniors and 1 Junior(who instantly wins the Junior section) so were mixed.Best of 3 Swiss(45 Minutes-This was not long enough,every Round Time was called in one of our matches)

Round One- Ryce/ Cinncino/EX's

Match One:
Lots and lots of heads on his side,but me getting the usual stream of Altaria's and Garchomp's up and running means I can KO EX's for prizes and once they have damage on,he doesn't run any Max potion-so I just Catcher up stuff and defeat it.He does get the lucky Super Scoop ups but ends up without a constant prize trade leaving me with the win.
Time was then called.Yep,i think a full hour would of worked better,but me with a win means I win the Round.Woop!

1-0

Round Two- Nathan/ Hydrigon Darkrai

Match One-
He gives me the perfect start up,with a brilliant number of Garchomps and Altarias on bench whilst he charges up his Darkrai,leaving his Deino in place.He then evolves it to Zweilous.I Think the first 4 turns we play N each turn.This format at the moment- your going to see 2-3 N's on the first turns and 2-3 N's on the second.I believe at this point he catcher's a Altaria which i get the switch and KO his Zweilous. He had benched a Shaymin EX-Which I catcher to get the prize.Getting down to 2 Prizes to his 4,I then run out of energy.I litraly couldn't do nothing,and I end up getting KOed for his game.

Match Two-
We both get good starts.This match is very foggy in my mind but i can just remember a usual prize trade,me not letting him have Hydrigon on the field for long.I could see Time was gona be called so i hurried abit and took the final 2 Prizes of a Darkrai.

Match Three-Sudden Death.
Time got called JUST before we start playing-so sudden death.This match was Nerve Wracking-But the start i got was perfect.1 Swablu,1 Gible,1 Emolga.After about 2 turns i get the Gabite then Garchomp and just basically Dragonblade every turn- and I attached a Rescue Scarf for no reason but ya know.He couldn't get the energy on Darkrai-he was able to Max potion to stay in the Game but he switched to a different Darkrai with no damage and left the damaged one on bench-and i have the Catcher in Hand.Good Game.

2-0

Round Three- Dan/Eels
Match One-
This was Close.He kept powering up Mewtwos and left them in KO range-Bringing me down to One prize.I had 120 Damage on a Zekrom EX-and he only had one card in his deck-He didn't realize till the last minute that he could get his Zekrom EX To KO my last Garchomp- Good Game.

Match 2-Sudden Death.

And this is why i hate the time limit.I had to take 3 Prizes in the space of a 2 Turns.I tryed to see my Outs-I had none.I did KO a Tynamo-Good Game.

2-1

Round 4- Dylan With Garbodor/Terrakion

Match 1-
I get the early Garbodor KO and just took the Constant prizes until Game.

Match 2-
I took 5 Prizes with Garbodor.And then the energy drought came.He took ALL 5 prizes whilst i get NO energy.GG

Match 3-Sudden Death.
Garbadors slow setup and his low level of energy means i have the fast set up.I Win to go to 3-1.

3-1

Dan goes 4-0 so he comes first and i come 2nd.Dan gets 4 EX's out of his 6 packs-yay for dodgy ratios.

Props:
2nd!
Victory Cup
Packs
Beating the Undefeated Garbador
12 CP!
Slops:
Bad Packs
388 more points to Worlds...

Congrats on 2nd! How does anyone pull 4 EX's out of 6 packs, even with messed up pull ratios? :O

Joshawott said:
Congrats on 2nd! How does anyone pull 4 EX's out of 6 packs, even with messed up pull ratios? :O
They were the American Packs that were in extra packaging,my 4 packs had 0 holos,would of been a good box on its own tho:/

Back