• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Malamar toolbox

Deity of War

Aspiring Trainer
Here is my standard Malamar toolbox deck I'm really looking for criticism and how to make it the best it can be. Thank you in advance.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Marshadow SLG 45
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 4 Malamar FLI 51
* 2 Onix LOT 109
* 2 Giratina LOT 97
* 1 Eevee & Snorlax-GX TEU 120
* 1 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Ultra Necrozma-GX PR-SM SM126

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Switch BS 95
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Lillie SLG 62
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140
* 3 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99

##Energy - 11

* 7 Psychic Energy XY 136
* 2 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90
* 2 Basic Metal Energy EVO 98

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by DeckBox ******

Basically you play the deck around Malamar energy acceleration. There's no real man attacker Onyx hits for weakness against Pikachu Zekrom. Ultra necrozma is also a really good attacker

I got hit really hard yesterday in the finals of a tournament by a deck like this, except with Tapu Koko Spread instead of Eevee. Kept spreading on me (and retrieving Koko) then took three prizes with Sky Scorching Light of course.

Don't need 2 Onix if you can get it back with rescue stretcher. Even if it's prized, you can Guzma to KO something that's a little easier to KO than PikaZek, then draw Onix out of the prizes. Maybe put in a GengKyu.

Back