Magnezone Prime/Feraligatr Prime Deck?

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03
I went to my first TR pre-release and pulled a magnezone prime..upon reading it and playing it in the main event I started thinking a Magnezone/gatr deck would be good..with Gatr allowing multiple energy drops per turn along with interviewe'rs question to be able to one-shot anything my opponent puts out before they have a chance to set-up properly. Also possibly run pokemon reversal so I could in effect snipe their benched attacker/main support pokemon. I also thought about running crobat G with poketurns and Cyrus's conspiracy to one-shot garchomp/luxray X with a crobat drop..and..perhaps even more SP engine depending.

http://pokebeach.com/scans/heartgold-and-soulsilver/108-feraligatr.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/47-crobat-g.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/105-cyrus%27s-conspiracy.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/platinum/118-poke-turn.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/heartgold-and-soulsilver/99-pokemon-reversal.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/lost-link/thumbnails/magnezone.gif

Magnezone's Pokebeach translation as no english scan is on the main site at this moment:

Magnezone (Prime) - Lightning - HP140
Stage 2 - Evolves from Magneton

Poke-Power: Electromagnetic Draw
You can use this power once during your turn. Draw cards from your deck until you have 6 cards in your hand. This power can’t be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[L][C] Lost Burn: 50x damage. Place any number of Energy attached to your Pokemon in play into the Lost Zone. This attack does 50 damage for each of those Energy cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 3

What do you think? Comment here or in a PM. lmk. thanks

Getting two Stage 2 Pokemon set up in this format is really hard to do.If it got set up though,I still don't see Feralagatr being a good main attacker.4 for 60(?) is really weak for a Stage 2.

yeah..I know it wouldn't be like AMAZING but it's more of a.. "I'm bored lets play my fun deck that Could still win" kind of thing. I'd probably run 3-2-2 lines for both..maybe even 3-2-3 Magnezone with 2-3 rare candies (do I still need to provide a card scan?) and 3 Broken time space. I played Lumineon MT and Feraligatr Prime last season for fun and it was pretty good, so I'm trying to build off that kind of fun I had with a rogue deck

My Friend is currently rocking this deck. It is damn good. 10 water 3 lightning. Some warp energys and spiritombs and a Cyrus energy and you are good to go. 2-2-2 gatyr and 4-3-3-1 (lv x) magnezone. Interviewers is clutch here too

I like how the deck is flexible! Just send one energy for 50 with magnezone late games and finish off with feraligatr for 110 dmg total of 160! probably knock out! U can always try to pair it up with lanturn prime as a secondary attacker

@ muffinman57 any chance of providing a full deck list if your buddy oks it? I won't copy card for card but it'll definately help get me started

From what I remembered it was a pretty generic decklist...

2-2-2 Feraligatr
4-3-3-1 Magnezone Prime (1 Lv X or the Lightning Magnezone, he's been testing both.)
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
4 Spiritomb

Generic T/S/S including Cyrus Engine of 3 I believe, just to get lightning energies.
Only other things that stood out were a single twins and some Interviewer's Questions

Like I said 10-3-2 Water-Lightning-Warp Energies, he's been playing with these numbers a lot.

Here's the problem with this deck, once you've exhausted all your Energies to the Lost Zone you're pretty much screwed. Unfortunately there's no cards in the game that would help you get them back which is the downfall of this deck in general. The real test of this deck is to draw all 6 of your prizes before you run out of energies to use with Magnezone Prime's Lost Burn attack.

I like the concept but you also have to deal with Donphan Prime and Machamp Prime which is expected to become a popular archetype in the Post - HS Triumphant metagame and with Magnezone Prime's Double {F} Weakness that doesn't help a whole lot other than getting the same kind of drawpower you would with Claydol in the last format.

If you really want to accelerate this deck even further you could run Electrode Prime at the cost of giving your Opponent a Prize card. I wouldn't recommend it especially since SP decks and Power Spray can counter it with ease, If they Power Spray on Electrode Prime they'll get a free prize.

he doesnt need electrode... he can lost zone the cards attached to feraligatr if he wants. And you dont always have to go for the Ko with magnezone, feraligatr is a great attacker. Lost zone one energy for 50, retreat then hit for 110 with feraligatr. Good way to save energies late game

I believe that if Electrode Prime's Power is Sprayed, it is not knocked out because the cost of being knocked out is part of the effect and the effect is negated...so yea...

Energy acceleration isn't even close to a problem with Seeker/Uxie and a decent Interviewer's Questions you should have plenty of energy to knock out anything for the rest of the game with Magnezone or Feraligatr is necessary.

Yes the Donphan/Machamp Prime combo is deadly to this deck, but don't forget there's nothing wrong with attacking with Feraligatr, which can OHKO Donphan with a belt.

@Card Slinger J: Well, to get rid of his weakness to Donphan all he needs to do is Level Up into Magnezone LV.X, which has a Fire weakness instead of Fighting.

~A+G

Whats this decks' win ratio and how does it fare in other matchups, I'm kinda tempted to build this deck and see how good it is...

I think this would be a good deck. Water types can cover for electric types weaknesses.

Feraligatr can cover for Magnezone's weaknesses.

Do you really need Uxie's? If you can get out Magnezone first turn with rare candy, then he's a draw engine all by himself. Those two spots normally used for Uxie could be replaced with more energy IMO.

Back