• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magnezone/Eelektrik Seriously?

MDL

Formerly Roronoa Zoro
Hey all, this my Magnezone/Eelektrik deck. I didn't even test it yet and I will use it on this preparation tournament for cities. I want many suggestions until this sunday (that's when the tournament is). Here's the deck:

Pokémon (21):
4-2-3 Magnezone Prime
4-3 Eelektrik (2 30 HP/ 2 40 HP Tynamo) NV
2 Thundurus EP
1 Zekrom

T/S/S (27):
4 Sage's Training
2 N
2 Juniper
4 Communication
4 Collector
3 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
2 Catcher
2 Switch

Energy (12):
13 lightning Energy

Strategy:
Start with Zekrom and set-up multiple Eelektrik while building Magnezone and discarding Lightning Energy through Juniper/Sage's. Take easy prizes with zekrom and then finish with Magnezone. Tornadus is there for Donphan.

Lol putting Reversals was a mistake, I prefer Catcher of course. ;D
And I'll probably take out N but first I will test a little with it. Thanks for the comment.

I would use Judge too, but the problem is what if I get it on turn 1 as my only draw supporter? It will screw my game probably. I prefer consistency (in this deck) over some disruption, since it's not that needed. I'll test that idea, tough. Thanks again for your opinion.

Edit: N is out. PONT is way better on this deck.

Never ever ever ever ever ever EVER take N out of this deck. It, Sage, and Junk Arm are the cards that make this deck work. Seriously, you will NOT win without N. In my last Cities, I won 5 games out of the 14 I played simply because of a well-timed N. N is absolutely amazing in almost any Magnezone-based deck. Spacemarine's point doesn't work because if you're at 2 or 3 prizes and they're stuck at six, they're going to lose anyway. Very few decks have that kind of comeback potential, especially against a late-game based deck like Magnezone. Judge is horrible in this deck early-game, where you're looking for a Rare Candy and a Magnezone in the same hand. A six-card hand offers much better odds of this than a four-card hand does. and it's obviously worse than N mid to late game.

Your deck also will not function without Thunderus. The deck's entire early-game strategy is to use Thunderus to get energy discarded, take fast prizes, and pressure them quickly in general. Drop the Tornadus for two Thunderus, unless your meta is very Donphan heavy.

You're probably going to want a second Magneton, too, just because the deck basically auto-loses to trainer lock without it. You only need one Zekrom.

Having a high count of Junk Arm, N, and other consistency cards is more important than having Junipers. I'd suggest dropping those and the Oak's for 4 N, the 4th Junk Arm, and then either the 4th Communication or the 4th Candy.

Past those things, it does look very solid, although I'd try to fit the 13th or even 14th energy.

You are right. Thanks for the help. Thundurus is the best choice, u were right. Also my meta only has like 2 Donphan decks but they aren't that good. I did almost all what you said, but didn't find space for the 14th energy. Didn't find enough space for the 2nd Magneton. Should I take 1 Energy for it?

UPDATED

Yes, Cleffa is always useful if you keep mulligan. I thought better about N and it is very useful, because when u need to get set-up u get 6~5 cards from ur deck, and when u want to disrupt on late game they get 4~3 cards and u 4~3 cards but u can get the hand size back to 6 with Magnetic Draw. I'll definitely use N.

spacemarine2142 said:
No offense celebi my buddy place 1st in masters with this deck without N. He agreed with me and we both highly displease of it. And your also completely right, take out random zekrom n cleffa for those needed thunduruses. Or just the zekrom cause cleffa can be nice here and there.

And with a magnezone deck you might not want to take out that energy. You just need to find something else to take out for more, like a catcher and a junk arm. I only run 2 catchers in my deck and i never run into problems about not getting them when needed.

I've placed 2nd and 6th with the deck. I have a friend who has placed 2nd, 7th, and 7th with the deck. I have another friend who has placed 3rd and 5th with the deck. We're all in masters. We all use N. Unless you can actually make a good argument about why it's bad, and not just say, "my buddy and I think it's bad," you're not being very convincing. :)

Thanks for all the help. I think this is how I'm gonna leave the deck for the tournament tomorrow. I'll post my position when I finish it. I also did some games and I'm loving this deck already :p

Replaced 1 Catcher with 1 Magneton.

If you're going to play with two Catcher, a Zekrom is probably better than the 3rd Thunderus. It can get critical OHKOs without putting key energy in the Lost Zone. Thunderus has trouble doing this if you don't run enough Catcher.

I'd also switch to a 2/1 split of 30HP/40HP Tynamo. That free retreat is great for the T1 Charge.

I think Tynamos doesn't really matter that much, but since I have to get lightning on the discard anyway, the 40 HP may save me from some random tyrogue donk. Also I forgot I lended my 3rd Catcher so I can only play with 2 anyway. I may use Zekrom. I'll think about that. You were very helpful! Thank you and thank you spacemarine too.

Having to attach to Tynamo T1 can cost you the T1 Charge from Thunderus. Thunderus gets the energy discarded fine, and he does very good damage too. Getting the fastest charge possible is critical in most matchups, especially mirror. So few people run Tyrogue that the 10HP difference rarely matters.

I went 4-0 on Swiss and then on Top 4 won to a ZPST and lost to a MegaJudge in top 2.

That list looks awful weak to fighting. There are a few decent fighting decks out there.

I really have to say the 30 Hp Tynamo is the way to go. How often do they really have a 30 damage attack?

*cough cough Kyurem cough cough*
Also this list isn't that weak to fightning, because they can't 0HKO Zekrom and Magnezone without Plus Powers. And you can 0HKO them with Magnezone very easily.

^You realize that N is just a reprint of Rocket's Admin, right? Rocket's Admin almost defined the format it was legal in; it was in the Eeveelutions deck that got second at worlds that year and in most other lists as well (I don't remember any of the other top four decks.) The difference is that there wasn't anything like Magnezone back then (Metagross and Porygon2, but whatever.) So it's only better now.

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the 30 vs 40HP one anymore. The extra 10 is great against Kyurem, but it's worse against everything else. Kyurem is so played, I'm tempted to say more 40HP ones, but idk.

Also, congrats on your good finish!

Thank you! I also don't know wich tynamos to run, but I guess it has to do with my metagame. In my division (seniors) there aren't Kyurems (for now). Maybe I do some small changes, like running only 3 N and adding 1 more Communication or that, but the deck is gonna stay like it is for now. And N was really useful. I never got bad hands when I used N's, because of Magnezone, and I disrupted them, wich is good. N is better than PONT, atleast for me.

Updated:
Took out 1 Energy for 1 Thundurus and swapped 1 Rare Candy with 1 more Communication, since I got 2 Magnetons.

Dream To Kill said:
*cough cough Kyurem cough cough*
Also this list isn't that weak to fightning, because they can't 0HKO Zekrom and Magnezone without Plus Powers. And you can 0HKO them with Magnezone very easily.

I don't really understand the kyurem thing.

Have you ever seen a donphan deck without plus powers? Also it takes a lost burn of 4 to kill a donphan. Good luck pulling that off more than once.

I'm just wondering why you didn't throw in a tornadus or two. they're great donphan counters.

Kyurem attack does 30 damage to every Pokémon your opponent has in play. That's why the 40 HP one is a good choice too.
On my tournament that i got 4-0 on Swiss I did beat Donphan. They have Plus Powers, but they won't use it on every attack. Especially with a well timed N. And I didn't throw any Tornadus because the deck doesn't have much space for it. Did you test this matchup before saying that?

I need to see my metagame because in Seniors there isn't any chandelure and kyurem.

I like this deck setup, its well thought out.

I question though do you really want to use Trainer N over PONT?

Back