• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Magnetic Circuit (Raikou / Magnezone)

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys!
I'm here again with the new electric /deluge style deck,
but this time i'm trying to improve the list for the expanded format, beginning the preparation for the city championships. I was taking a look at the 2013 deluge decks, with rare candies and skyla to make a comparison and try to build something that can be powerful or at least playable.
Unfortunately, this pokémon type doesn't allow (yet?) to play fast as the world champion deck, but it can be less stressful to play, avoiding to discard all your hand for the main combo. (I've played honorstoise at supernova blast 4 tournament in Milan just two weeks ago and sometimes can be a problem, expecially if you don't draw the exact cards to activate the combo)
After a day of trials and errors, i've managed to build this deck:

Pokémon (16)
  • 3 Raikou (BREAKThrough 55)
  • 2 Magnezone (BREAKThrough 54)
  • 1 Magnezone (Plasma storm 46)
  • 4 Magnemite (BREAKThrough 51)
  • 2 Pikachu EX (XY 84)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (Roaring Skyes 77)
  • 2 Exeggcute (Plasma freeze 4)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (33)
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Brigette
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 N
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare gear
  • 2 Superior energy Retrieval
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 2 Rough Seas
Energy (11)
  • 11 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

The main cards of this deck are obvious to everyone, and are Raikou, Magnezone and Pikachu EX.
Like in the deluge deck, Magnezone is here to spread all the energy to your benched pokémon, Raikou as the main attacker, and Pikachu has the objective to 0hko everything thanks to his main attack, Overspark.
The Exeggcute are there to help using ultra balls, superior energy retrieval and computer search without discard precious cards.

In this version, skyla has the objective to take out the candies, and evolve as fast as possible magnemite to magnezone. The plasma magnezone will help and encourage the use of fisherman and brigette, granting the use of two supporters per turn.

Tell me your impressions, everything will be welcome! :)

I would Run 2 Magneton just incase you are item locked, also it might just be me but I am going to run a 1-1 line of octillery over the Shaymins

I would Run 2 Magneton just incase you are item locked, also it might just be me but I am going to run a 1-1 line of octillery over the Shaymins

I've done some testing these days and i've incluede only a magnezone, replacing a magnemite :)

Back