• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magneboar

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
3-1-3 Magnezone Prime
3-2-3 Emboar (2/1)
2 Cleffa
1-1 RDL (will change to trainers if I can't get it)
2 Reshiram

-21 Pokemon

1 Energy Retrieval
2 Switch
1 Pluspower
4 Junk Arm
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Communication

-16 Trainers

3 Prof. Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Judge

-8 Supporters

10 Fire Energy
5 Lightning Energy

-15 Energy

We all know how Magneboar rolls, set both magnezone and emboar out and use proper energy management to win games.

Just trying to find a slot for Flower Shop Lady/Energy Retreival

RE: Magneboar

PlusPower isn't necessary; the magic numbers are 130 and 140 and you hit both those easily. If you can only discard 2 with Magnezone it still won't hit it. Personally I don't like Reshiram in the deck, and definitely not 2 copies. I'd take those three cards out and add in 2 Cleffas and a Pokemon Collector. Also, I'd try running 3 Judge and no PONT then add in an Energy Retrieval and a Flower Shop Lady if you really feel you need one. I would suggest keeping the RDL, though. It'll probably net you four prizes, leaving Magnezone to take care of the rest.

Thing with Cleffas are I don't need them that much and I don't have em. Even with Junk Arm, I find that I get a ton of dead cards mid-late game so any help with that?

3-1-3 Magnezone Prime
3-1-2-1 Emboar
2 Cleffa
1-1 RDL (will change to trainers if I can't get it)
1 Reshiram

2 Energy Retrieval
1 Switch
3 Junk Arm
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Communication

3 Prof. Oak's New Theory
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Judge
1 Flower Shop Lady

10 Fire Energy
5 Lightning Energy

Should be 2 spots left.

Hmmm... Ever consider removing the Junk Arms? I did that in my Reshiboar and it surprisingly made the deck more consistent.

Back