• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magneboar Experiment decklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riskbreakers

The Brilliant Star☆
Stratgy: Everyone knows what magneboar does. Build Magnezone then build Emboar then have fun. I added reshiram instead of RDL because they're too expensive for me and barely anyone lets go of em. I also only run two Cleffa because I can not find any more and they are dead weight with snipe.

3-2-3 Magnezone Prime
2-1-2 Emboar Ability
2 Cleffa
2 Reshiram

T/S/S

1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Switch
2 Judge
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Junk Arm
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method
3 Prof. Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy

3 Rescue
6 Lightning
9 Fire

You will probably need more than 18 energy if you are not running RDL. I suggest taking out 1 collector and a candy for another junk arm and judge. Junk arm and Judge both synergize very well with Magnezone's body.

-1 Collector
-1 Rare Candy
+1 Judge
+1 Junk Arm

A combination of Dual Ball and Collector is more reliable than collector alone. I suggest:

-1 Collector (total: 2 collector)
-1 Professor Elm's Training Method
+2 Dual Ball

You actually might want to increase the amount of Reshirams in your deck. Magnezone as your main attacker can be a headache to set up without the right cards. It might also be in your best interest to have one or two Energy Retrieval in order to bring back the energy lost from KOs and Blue Flare attacks.

-2 Switch (pointless if you don't use it with Seeker in my opinion)
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Rescue Energy

+2 Reshiram
+2 Energy Retrieval

Incidentally, I do have an RDL you might be interested in up for auction.

I don't live in the USA so shipping costs are gonna be a pain.

I kinda like switch just in case I see those butthead Crobat Primes. But then again, I can terminate them easily.

If you see crobat prime come out, you should be estatic. it does 40 to you, you retreat to magnezone prime and then discard 2 energies for a KO on crobat assuming you have reshiram out.

If you have magnezone out, you take 40, then you discard two energies and KO it :p

With Magneboar, don't worry about your stuff dying if you can take 1 prize per turn.

I live in Australia, and troll and toad shipping is 99c for up to 100 cards. Not that I'm advertising though, just for reference. You can also get Reshiram in a tin.

Too good and too hard to find here. I'm waiting for the Reshiram tins here to release and that itself will strap my cash clean lol.

Although Dual Ball is a bit better IMO, I just didn't use it because I thought Magneboar was better off with collector.

you want more Cleffa if they're your start, and maybe one more Reshiram so...

-2 Switch
-1 Communication
+2 Cleffa
+1 Reshiram

plus try to add more energy, these kinds of decks discard a lot, or you can try Energy Retrieval or Typhlosion Prime.

Riskbreakers said:
Stratgy: Everyone knows what magneboar does. Build Magnezone then build Emboar then have fun. I added reshiram instead of RDL because they're too expensive for me and barely anyone lets go of em. I also only run two Cleffa because I can not find any more and they are dead weight with snipe.

3-2-3 Magnezone Prime
2-1-2 Emboar Ability
2 Cleffa
2 Reshiram

T/S/S

1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Switch
2 Judge
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Junk Arm
2 Prof. Elm's Training Method
3 Prof. Oak's New Theory
3 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Rare Candy

3 Rescue
6 Lightning
9 Fire

I wouldnt play to thick of a cleffa line just in case someone still plays tyrouge in their deck, you wouldnt want to get donked by a lone cleffa start
You are going to need a thicker line of emboar and magnezone now with pokemon catcher running about dragging up your poor helpless magnemites and tepigs. This deck needs to start rolling ASAP so you should max out collector to increase the odds in it being in your opening hand. Junk arm in the mid game might as well be an extra rare candy or switch and can also lower your hand count to make it harder for yanmega players to match manually, it also lowers your hand count so magnezone can draw more.

- 2 Judge (doesnt help that much you would rather play a PONT and get 6 cards)
- 2 Pokemon reversal (useless with catcher)
- 2 Professor Elms training method (better off just using PONT and communications)
-1 Flower shop lady (to slow for this type of deck)
-1 Lightning energy (5 is plenty)
-1 Rescue energy (3 may clog the hand)

+1 Tepig
+1 Magnemite
+1 Junk arm
+1 Pokemon Collector
+2 Cheren/sage's training
+1 Fire energy
+2 Twins (in case you fall behind with is usually the case)

olimar1023 said:
you want more Cleffa if they're your start, and maybe one more Reshiram so...

-2 Switch
-1 Communication
+2 Cleffa
+1 Reshiram

plus try to add more energy, these kinds of decks discard a lot, or you can try Energy Retrieval or Typhlosion Prime.

Don't revive dead threads. RB can PM me if he wants this back open.

*Locked*

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back