• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Magmartor Top burner (needs division in deck title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrannitar trainer

Aspiring Trainer
My magmartor deck....

3-3 magmartor TR (live coal magmar)
2-1-2 Emboar BW (ability) (tackle tepig and flame charge pignite)
2-2 Ninetails HS (singe vulpix)
2 Victini EP (reflipper)

3 pont
4 Twins
2 juniper
2 petm
2 Pokemon Collector

4 pokemon communication
4 Energy retrieval
3 pokemon catcher
2 Rare Candy

1 Burned Tower

16 fire energy

The stradegy is the same as all top burner decks which is to deck your oppenet with top burner but with some other helpers like....

TWINS - Will help alot to get the burned tower or the cards i need, cause i wont take prizes.
POKEMON CATCHER - To have more time to use top burner without magmartor fainting.
VICTINI - So I wont have to discard all the energies. (hopefully)

Victini translation:

Victini – Fire – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Victory Star
You can use this when one of your Pokemon flips coins as part of its attack. Ignore all results of those coin flips and reflip from the beginning. You can only use Victory Star 1 time during your turn, even if you have multiple Victini in play.

[R][C] Assist Power: 30 damage. Move all Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Any reccomendations are highly appreciated.

you need at least 2 fisherman if you are running ninetales and magmortar and Junk arm for recover those retrieval. Also, Victini is not from EP

If you're going to include catchers, you may want to also look at Durant. Pretty good starter for this kind of deck while you're building up your Magmortar and he can be a minor wall with Eviolite. Just something to consider I suppose.

Durant runs on Metal energy, which would end up being very dead draws after Magmortar is set up since Magmortar only mills due to the amount of Fire energy on it.

Even with Victini, when Mortar hits the grave, you're still losing the energy.
This is why I think Typhlosion is better. The damage is not a huge deal, Magmortar is pretty easy to KO anyway since he doesn't actually deal damage, just discard.
Also, don't take this to a tournament and expect it to do well.

get out ninetales and get in shuckle promo and unown with return

give fire energy at shuckle and get them back with unown and seeker

i took it with mee at tournament and won 3/5 in master

You need the Shuckle Promo, Seeker and Unknown RETURN.
This is the top burner deck I have been working on since they announced NV, it might help.

Pokemon (23)
1 Unown (RETURN)
1 Shaymin
2 Shuckle (Promo)
3 Victini (Ability)
2-2 Ninetales (Ability)
3-3 Magmortar(Top Burner)
2-1-3 Emboar (2 Ability/1 Bad Boar)

T/S/S (21)
2 Interviewers Questions
2 Seeker
2 Super Rod
2 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Collector
3 Pokemon Communication
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Twins

Energy (16)
16 Fire Energy

cronos said:
get out ninetales and get in shuckle promo and unown with return

give fire energy at shuckle and get them back with unown and seeker

i took it with mee at tournament and won 3/5 in master

Don't revive dead threads in the future. Thanks!

*Locked*

dmaster out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back