Ruling Magearna's Ability

MelancholyFairy

Tricky Fox
I have some friends that say Magearna's ability doesn't stop Silent Fear. Is that true? If it is, does anyone have a link for the ruling? And if anyone else has a list of what else it prevents I'd really like to know.

1099957.jpg
1088238.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved from the TCG Competitive Play to the Ask a Professor forums as the OP is asking a rulings question. I've also added scans of the cards in question to the OP post, as scans is required in this forum. ~bbninjas

Yes, Mystic Heart stops Silent Fear. The placing of damage counters is an effect of an attack, which Mystic Heart blocks. With Magearna-EX in play, any of your Pokemon that has a Metal Energy attached to it would be immune to Silent Fear's damage.

Yes, Mystic Heart stops Silent Fear. The placing of damage counters is an effect of an attack, which Mystic Heart blocks. With Magearna-EX in play, any of your Pokemon that has a Metal Energy attached to it would be immune to Silent Fear's damage.
That's what I thought. One of them is a professor and he argued me on it, so he really made me doubt that it did for a bit.

It stops all effects of attacks. Basically, if a card text reads, "your opponent's Pokémon" most of the time Mageanras ability will stop it, even if it is good.

Just to clarify... it will still do damage to those pokemon that don't have metal energies attached to them.

With regards to this, ive not been able to find it anywhere else. Does magearnas ability affect lucarios fight alone at all? Its a very confusing ability to someone relatively new to the game such as myself!

Thanks!

With regards to this, ive not been able to find it anywhere else. Does magearnas ability affect lucarios fight alone at all? Its a very confusing ability to someone relatively new to the game such as myself!

Thanks!
Magearna's ability does not interact with Lucario at all. Lucario's damage isn't considered an effect, it's just the terms of how the damage is calculated.

Does Regice resistance blizzard work on me if I have steel energy attached to my pokemon who was attacked?

Yes, because Resistance Blizzard's effect is on Regice, not your Pokemon.

Back